Reviews of Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange

Find out more about Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

kccparis's avatar

France France

This was an instant buy for me! I have Rien, Phillipine House Boy in my collection. I am familiar with all their other offerings. They tend to lean towards Avant Garde style perfumes. Bijou Romantigue on the other hand for me is more mainstream and pleasant enough to wear - silage is not great But then I tend to want to please myself and not so concerned about others. It's great to have in a work environment as the smell is wafting pleasantly incense with a twisted fruit. Longevity is good. No Regrets!

09th November, 2012

Kaern's avatar

I tested recently with the SA swearing blind it was a unisex scent and that I would love it. So basically, both assumptions incorrect. The top notes are actually pretty good (the perfumers usually make sure of this) but after browsing and testing other scents for 10 minutes or so, the tester for this started booming out ISO E Super or something similar and completely drenched any vetiver or vanilla that was listed in the base. The coconut/sage molecules in the heart must have been microscopic. A real horrorshow of a fragrance. The other newly launched rice based scent from this House was equally disappointing. ELdO seems to be going backwards, which would be a real shame.

16th April, 2012