Reviews of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada

Find out more about Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bal a Versailles's avatar

Rock solid performer from Prada, better than the original Infusion to my mind. There's something Chanelesque about the way it wafts and wends its way around you and the mistake would be to think you could wear it every day, where I fear you would become a little anosmic. I qualify that by saying that the longevity is not as durable as the original and as others have noted the carrot goes before the stick, the iris (carroty orris butter) fades quickly to the golden benzoin afterglow. It's quite a romantic little number though and the acid test is whether or not you reach for it when pushed for time. I confess that I do and I that I have a back up.
    I have bath salts in the original Infusion D'Iris and a new bath, one of those Victoria and Albert ones that I have waited to be a grand old age to own, after a lifetime of acrylic monstrosities I might add. Add Iris in all its forms to create the most luxurious bathing experience followed by Man style pyjamas, a dressing gown with a braid revere and softly scented breath on skin, Iris Absolu

19 May, 2014 (Last Edited: 19 September, 2014)

hedonist222's avatar

Take Infusion d'Iris edp & add

Benzoin
    Oppoponax (Manoa from Memo)
    A bit of mastica
    Concentrated vanilla (vintage Shalimar)

Very very nice.

12 January, 2014

Wingie's avatar

Gorgeous. I actually smell iris in this, which I didn't in the original, and it's rounded out by madagascar vanilla, orange blossom, and tonka bean. This is how the first Infusion d'Iris should have smelled, IMO.

I wish it lasted just a tad longer, but the fact that it is being touted as a limited edition will likely be enough for me to buy a bottle.

12 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st January, 2013)

promqueen's avatar

A powdery floral, with more floral than powder...but the floral smells real, not synthetic.
    Even though this is the "Absolue" it is not overpowering. Really lovely.
    The best part is the drydown.

12 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 March, 2013)