Reviews of Mauvais Garçon by Brécourt

Mauvais Garcon is a huge let down for me. Right from the start it reminds me so much of Rochas Man. I can't stop thinking how dated and cheap MG smells although not as bad as Rochas Man. To be fair to Bouge, MG is far from horrible as the ingredients are of high quality and the sweet, herbaceous, floral, resinous, woody ... sweet, and seamless composition would not disappoint lovers of this kind of perfumes. The longevity and silage are great. Unfortunately, this is not niche, groundbreaking or even a bit interesting as an olfactory creation. MG is boringly linear and I can only like it on my skin after 4-6 hours when it just gets softer and the overall sweetness fades away. But by that time I have grown very tired of MG.
15th April, 2015
Mauvais Garçon (nothing “mauvais” in here really) is a warm-spicy scent with a “barbershop” floral heart (lavender and other floral notes I personally don’t detect clearly), a head accord of bergamot, something minty-green, something balsamic, spices (the pyramid is trustworthy – I get tonka, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg), cedar and sandalwood on the base. The evolution is close to zero, it all goes lighter and softer. Honestly it smells much mainstream to me, in the negative sense: it reminds me of several cheaper scents, and I don’t get anything in here which shall be a “niche” feature (no particular high quality/creativity, and so on). Among others it reminds me of a couple of Cacharel’s, from Pour Homme to Nemo – just more floral, more herbal, incomparably less fascinating and less rich. Just a spicy-woody resinous floral scent without praise or blame... which I wouldn’t consider “bad” at all, rather just “nicely” mediocre.

5,5-6/10
15th December, 2014
ElVee Show all reviews
This is an excellent masculine smokey vanilla scent with some woody notes around the edges. The top opens with a bit of foodie yummisness, but in moments the vanilla starts to come through and continues for the lifetime of the scent. By the base, it has a full vanilla scent grounded by the woody notes which is a real joy to smell. It lasts 6+ hours on me. Sillage seems pretty good; I can't smell it across a room, but I don't need to bury my nose into my skin either, it hovers pretty nicely away.

This is definitely on my list of frags to own for casual or evening use.

Edited to stress that this is a smokey vanilla and can be coy sometimes. Sometimes the smokiness dominates, sometimes the vanilla is more up front on my skin.
28th June, 2012 (last edited: 05th November, 2012)