Reviews of Baldessarini Concentree by Baldessarini

Find out more about Baldessarini Concentree by Baldessarini in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Jon_Remy's avatar

Well, what can I say? My original Baldessarini Eau de Cologne (not the Concentree) had a really distinct quality about it, and I could really pick out the patchouli not. This was manufactured by P&G Prestige Beaute (Made in UK). The bottle says Baldessarini with Hugo Boss underneath. Now, I find, after purchasing the Baldessarini Eau de Cologne Concentree thinking it would be a stronger version of the original, I am a little disappointed. Maybe my nose isn't as good as it used to be, but I hardly detect the strong patchouli note that I did with the plain EdC. You would think that the EdC Concentree would be stronger and longer lasting. I don't think that is the case. Upon further inspection, the bottle this time says Baldessarini with Baldessarini underneath (not Hugo Boss anymore). I looked at the bottom of the bottle and it now says Maurer & Wirtz Prestige, Made in Germany. I realize that P&G Prestige Beaute was bought by Maurer & Wirtz Prestige, but did they change the formulation along the way? Did they get cheap and use less essential oil? I purchased several bottles and was on the verge of returning them all, but decided to keep them in the hopes they would "mature" and get stronger with age. I guess I'll have to become accustomed to the new, less-patchouli version and will use it casually instead of formally as I had intended. Whatever you do, test this fragrance first before you re-purchase it to see if you notice any significant difference from the original. I wish I had. If I had known this, I would've bought Declaration by Cartier instead. It's sad the strong and prominent patchouli note has been weakened in the so-called "Concentree" version.

07 April, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2013)

Swanky's avatar

A pleasing designer offering that, as the best fragrances do, improves with time. It begins with a contemporary note prominent in many men's perfumes that is a tad sour and off (PS Design is another example) but mercifully this duration is brief. After a couple of hours a quite nice woodiness steps to the fore and while there is a bit of sweetness, it is far from the dessert aisle. Affable and solid and well worth a sniff.

30th January, 2013

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Unfortunately the only thing I remember about it that in style it reminds me a lot of Boss Bottled, but with more charachter, serious and more refined. Nowadays it's nowhere to be found as supposedly Baldessarini line is being shut down. All in all a fragrance worthy of not just trying but possessing too.

04 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 July, 2012)

Marais's avatar

A semi-sweet, affable, easy-going, fruity-woody tobacco scent. Similar in smell to the EdC but with about 2 hours better longevity. Warm and sunny, it makes me feel like I'm on holiday, perhaps aided by the tropical/banana note others have mentioned in reviews of the EdC. 'Sports-casual' rather than shirt and tie; the type of fragrance I imagine Alan Partridge might choose, in a rare moment of good taste.

16 March, 2012