Positive Reviews of Blask by Humiecki & Graef

Find out more about Blask by Humiecki & Graef in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Rich and floral, a bit fruity too. I get the wine accord (or, as Alfarom notes, the "must" note). And I also get a sort of violet-liquorice structure at the very beginning, although there is none of the two, but I guess that is due to oud on flowers. Frankly this smells pleasant and "portable" to me, I do not feel anything particularly "daring" or special. Basically it's a floral/woody scent with a sour fruity flavour and a hint of freshness. Surely a great fragrance, well-crafted and balanced.

7,5/10

30th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

furrypine's avatar
    furrypine
    Norway Norway

Blask has a sparkling, radiant top, and deepens into a warm, sweet, slightly murky, maybe even pungent, heart. It has a wine-y quality, not boozy but more like the the ghost of hearty red wine. It has good projection and last all day.

Though I like it, it is right on the edge of not being wearable. If the red wine "aura" had been a tab more prominent it would have made me queasy, and I can't imagine wearing it in hot weather. It's certainly unique, I can't think of anything to compare it with.

26 May, 2012

Stee1's avatar
    Stee1

Super gorgeous scent. Extremely long lasting on my skin as my scents tend to. Still smelt it after a shower next day.

In love with it.

01st March, 2012

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

I love bizarre, challenging, weird, unpretty, frankeinstein type of fragrances but I'm having an hard time in describing Blask. At H&G they only list 4 notes: Walnut, Red Wine accord, Oud and Bay Leaf and, basically, I don't get any of them...

Here's what I get: Violet (sweet, srort of candied violet petals they put on top of Marron Glace), no wine but more like the typical fermented aroma of the "must" (again sweet). Oud? well, ohm...uhm..ohhh..naaa (?!?!???). There's surely something resinous and woody during the drydown but I probably wouldn't call it oud. Bay Leaf? There's an aromatic, slightly pungent note that works like an ultrasonic whisper...could it be the Laurel? If it's the Bay Leaf it's nowhere similar to the real thing...Some generic parfumey things like mixed flowers (???) show up throughout.

On top of all this you have to add a huge amount of weirdness provided by what to me are obscure ingredients. Pretty challenging indeed and not exactly what I usually define as "wearable", yet somehow intriguing. Anyone who tend to use the phrase "I never smelled something like this" too often, they should probably test Blask.

29 February, 2012