Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

Find out more about Legend by Montblanc in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

silentrich's avatar

There's really noting more to add that hasn't already been said. Legend has a generic smell which is very close to another extremely popular fragrance in Fierce. I think what separates the two is that Fierce is loud and juvenile where as Legend is subdued and more complex with it's notes. Personally I like Legend and think that if you're wanting something you can reach for and go this is a great bargain. I purchased a big bottle for $17 and I've went through a quarter of it. To sum up Legend it's really a pineapple that gives way to more of an apple/tonka mid with a fresh aspect running through it. I don't get the hate on this one. I can see people being neutral, but there's nothing polarizing or offensive about this smell.

05 October, 2014

Puremugler's avatar

I love this stuff. Yes it smells like fierce. But my wife loves this, and does her mom, and her mom's mom. So does just about every lady that comes into contact with me when I wear this. I think that this frag, unlike fierce, can work for any age group. I wear this on date night, church, and to the office. Never let's me down. This will be in my collection for a long time

04 August, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Generic calone, generic woods, generic green notes, generic amber, generic aldehydes... a fresh, cozy, stereotypical post-2000s "contemporay average man scent". Axe Deodorant in a perfume bottle. Next!

30th June, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

It's a good sweet and fruity fragrance.
    I don't like fruity fragrances but this is a good one with so pleasant smell.
    Start with sweet pineapple and some apple notes.
    It's not synthetic. it's well balanced.
    In the dry down and base some floral notes comes in but the fruity and sweet notes are dominating here and anything else is in the background!
    Great projection at the start but very soon become skin scent. the longevity is above average.
    Good fragrance but it's so generic! there are tons of fragrances out there that smell like this.
    Not my cup of tea!
    And this fragrance is similar to Creed Aventus only for a few minutes at the start because of the pineapple note. after that they are completely different!

10th May, 2014

Adama's avatar

Smells exactly like Abercrombie's Fierce. While I enjoyed that fragrance years ago, I don't want to smell like it today.

04 May, 2014

Kokmister's avatar

When I first smelt this fragrance I was obsessed and have since been using it for about 1 year now.
    It is a very unique yet novel scent that would suit a more alpha male or a teenage boy for example and is good for everyday use, though my only concern is the longevity of the scent is completely hopeless.

10th March, 2014

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Boring, uninventive, unoriginal. Reminds me a lot of Trussardi Uomo 2011. and Cavalli Just Him 2013, then Gucci Guilty. Before all those mentioned there was Boss Selection that started it all. Sweet and fresh, a bit cold in character. The composition of notes implies that this is a complex scent, which is far from the truth. This is the perfume for people who operate on the "SA pointed it out, it's the newest" level. I don't know on what path this house was before this fragrance as I've never tried any besides this one, but I'm sure that, on whichever path they were, they've strayed from it with this creation. Reason I'm rating it neutral, and not negative, albeit my review implies the obvious negativity, is that this scent does what it's supposed to - appease the simple masses and maybe even garner a compliment or two to a younger, well attired wearer.

04 December, 2013

fan.of.devin's avatar

Not bad.

A more cost effective alternative to Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce.

Imagine a more temperate Fierce with the woodsy/fresh notes shuffled around a bit, and you basically have Mont Blanc Legend. Worth a shot!

Pros: Affordable
    Cons:

02 June, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar

Legend by Mont Blanc

It's not very similar to Platinum Egoiste, but it is very similar to Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Although it lacks the projection that Fierce has, the price is much better and more affordable. Still, being able to smell an Abercrombie from over 50 feet away in a mall has dampened my interest for this kind of fragrance.

29 May, 2013

Bobster's avatar

To compare this to Chanel's Platinum Egoist is an insult. If I wanted to wear alcohol I would have reached for it from my medicine cabinet. No projection, No longevity, overhyped, and overpriced. There is nothing else that needs to be said.......

15 May, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

Positive review b/c it is unique...a strong top note combination that dries down into a nice well rounded fragrance. Problem is...I spritzed my arm at 3:30pm. It is now 6pm and I can only smell it if I put my nose right to my arm...2 1/2 hrs? Come on.

13 May, 2013

thines01's avatar

Abercrombie should take note of the diminished intensity of this fragrance.
    When I first smelled this, I went through everything in the cabinet (deodorant included) to try to place the familiar smell. THEN I saw the comments about Abercrombie. YES, THAT'S IT!

I walk an arc around the Abercrombie store to avoid the smell, but this stuff smells like a re-formulation of Abercrobie Fierce with the offending pungeance removed.
    I think they 'fume the place to keep older folks from getting too close to the store.

This would make a good deodorant fragrance.

11th May, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

Not bad at all. Fresh clean scent that I could wear once in a while. The bergamot and pineapple (slight pineapple) at the initial spray is ok. Smells generic, but again not bad at all. The mids are satisfactory and the base is the best part on this one. The sandalwood and tonka assist this one into being a neutral frag.

22 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 07 December, 2012)

jacobcgi's avatar

tried this out from a sample and wore it to a party. I got no joke 15-25 complements from it. longevity is good. I own Fierce by Abercrombie and i didn't think they were identical but defiantly similar. cheaper to!

08 October, 2012

Teach13's avatar

This summer, I began to dab in the world of fragrances. When I walked up to the counter at Von Maur (sadly, the best place for fragrances anywhere near where I live), I said that I was looking for a summer scent that was "manly" and not "Axe-like." This was the first scent given to me on a card...and I was repulsed. All that hit me was alcohol. However, after reading a number of solid reviews, I gave it another try...and realized that I must have just been given a bad tester the first time...because the second time, I picked up citrus. It was clean and fresh. When I tried it on my wrist, it really opened up during the day--and I liked it even more.

Ground-breaking? No. But it's manly without being MANLY(!!) It really could be worn year-round, day or night.

13 August, 2012

genvy5's avatar

Smells almost exactly like Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Not as obnoxious or headache inducing -- more smooth. Still, the gal working at Nordys agreed with me when I said that. And since we both used to work at A&F, our sentiments were the same. Not a terrible choice, but too much like A&F for me to want to wear it.

23 July, 2012

Erind's avatar

common on you guys.. serious?

this stuff is top notch.. i was at the stores and everybody agreed legend is one of the best scents out there.

shame i dont see more reviews maybe ppl dont trust mont blanc from their previous failures and i understand this. but this is a new leaf everybody.

let me just quote what i heard a lady say about this when i was at the store almost purchasing it. a lady customer not a staff memeber,

she goes ufff. wow this smells like money lol and shes bang on. it does..i smells rich powerful. manly and clean. it reminds me a rich posh bentley interior smell lol

get the drift?
    i love this and although i dont use it much i keep it as secret weapon for when i want to stand out and pull the ladies in.

get it you wont regret it

21st May, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 May, 2012)

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

The initial blast is VERY strong and off putting. That is the mistake here. Very synthetic too and repulsive. The drydown is very good though, reminds me of Creed Millesime Imperial gone sexy.l

15 April, 2012

PeteH's avatar

Has an unusually offensive aluminium-based-deodorant-spray top-note which, unfortunately, persists through the drydown. Eye-watering, hugely radiant, and rock-bottom. Smells like it comes in an aerosol can from the Pharmacy. For $4.95 it would be an OK air-freshener, but personally I'm not sure I even want my bathroom to smell like this.

The male version of Amarige. Repulsive. I would run a mile from any man I smelled this on.

23 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st October, 2012)