Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

This is a perfectly nice contemporary mens' fragrance that reminds me in a way of all the fragrances that appear on tear-and-sniff adverts in mens' magazines. They sometimes smell nice, even if they don't make any unique statements. If I detected this on someone, I highly doubt I would be able to identify what it is. It could be one of a dozen similar fragrances. Apparently it has a high women's' acceptance quotient, but my wife who hates most things was mildly intrigued with Legend. I guess that's a modest endorsement of sorts. While Montblanc Legend has decent staying power, and admittedly grows more attractive over time, ultimately it lacks distinctive "different-ness," even if it has positive "nice-ness". If it were gifted to me I would wear it sometimes. A safe bet for non-fragrance people or newbies.
24th October, 2015
The best word to describe LEGEND is Crisp.yes a crisp aromatic fougere for men.It is a luscious mix of interesting fruits and delicate florals with a lovely dry down.this kind of fragrances makes me feel 10years younger. Delicious,Fruity,Luminous, Popular, Fresh and Romantic at the same time.

Joyful and juicy notes of bergamot, lemon and especially pineapple lending to an romantic heart of greanium,rose and red apple and these are brought into a soft and delectable base of sandalwood and tonka bean.that create a intimate fragrance that is shared when someone is in your space.

This scent makes your girlfriend or wife want to hug you.LEGEND is for the Modern man,a modern man who likes a refined yet romantic scent.Great for Everyday use.It is better than Special Edition 2012 for me.totattly it is not a amazing scent but simply Lovely.

Longevity?6Good on my skin.

02nd June, 2015
From a department store sample.
I didn't think much of MB Legend when I first applied this scent on a Saturday afternoon. I thought it was a nice, perhaps overtly masculine fragrance with a fairly common composition. It really didn't "WOW" me in any way and I was feeling this is pleasant and decided to wear it out to dinner for the night. Much to my surprise, MB Legend turned out to be one of the more compliment producing fragrances I have ever tested. My wife immediately said she liked it, as did our dinner guests and the 20 something cute restaurant hostess commented also. It doesn't have huge sillage, and knew I had not given it too many sprays, so I really couldn't tell what they were picking up on, but whatever it is, it works very well.

I like the MB Legend Special Edition version even more, although I haven't worn it out to see if it has the same high compliment factor. Big Thumbs Up for what still seems to me to be an ordinary fragrance.
12th May, 2015

I got a 5-mL sample of this. Personally I don't get the lavender much or a lot of the other things people are talking about. For me it seems fairly linear, but it's definitely nice stuff. For me it's pineapple and black pepper. Yes Aventus is pineapple as well, but this has very little resemblance to Adventus. There is no smokiness to this. For me, personally I get a lot of pleasure out of wearing this. It smells great to me. The thing is, as some others have mentioned, women (and other dudes too) seem to love it. The first day I wore it, I must have received compliments from at least ten different women of varying degrees of age. And 2 or 3 guys also asked me what it was. I've never gotten that many compliments and questions in one single day from a frag before. Needless to say, I wore it again today. Very rare that I will wear something two days in a row because I have a fairly big rotation, and I like variety, but this could easily earn a very regular spot. In fact, it is definitely full-bottle worthy, and the next time I make a buy, this will be in it.
01st May, 2015
First thing's first, I've never worn, tried, or smelled Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce (but it's on my list of scents to try now.) I can't make the comparison between the two but I'll take everyone at their word that the two smell very similar. This was given to me by a girlfriend a couple years back. That first bottle of it lasted longer than the girlfriend did.

This is definitely one of those "manly" colognes. When I first spray it on, I get a strong bergamot scent, which I very much like. That eventually fades and gives way to a mild, predominantly sandalwood smell. It has moderate projection and sillage but the longevity is way above average. I sometimes can still smell it on me the next morning--almost 24 hours. I feel it would be a bit too strong for summer, but any other time I think this one works fine. Of all the colognes in my collection, this EdT by Mont Blanc gets the most compliments from the ladies, by far.
09th March, 2015
This stuff is 'legendary' amongst women...

This rivals VS Very Sexy for Men for getting the most compliments from women.

I imagine that the pineapple opening has much to do with this. This note appears to be universally liked by women. ( Aventus comes to mind)

The opening is mostly this 'legendary' note of pineapple to my nose, sweet yet masculine. And this is basically it up until hours later when a VERY faint note of oakmoss appears.

It's a very pleasant fragrance without a doubt, but its unsophisticated and not my personal preference. My fave note is leather. But women at work have complimented me on Legend, and in a very overtly manner too. There is something in this that creates a very interesting reaction in them. My fave reaction came from my wife who upon spraying Legend on me she said "Wow, you smell like sex'...

Puzzling and equally incredible...

18th February, 2015
Masculine fruity aromatic fragrance with interesting notes (lavender, pineapple, oakmoss, coumarin, pomarose) and good longevity.
Beautiful bottle too.
23rd November, 2014
Legend is effectively generic but is not that poor stuff. Its structure (a classically dark-aromatic fougere accord of lavender, sharp floral notes, woods and oakmoss) is not far from Grigioperla by La Perla. The aroma is a pleasant aromatic and elegant formula with a freshly spicy (strong) lavender-bergamot-oakmoss opening, a dynamic woody virile basic contruction with undiscernible (or better, barely discernible) floral notes and plenty of synthetic woods. I don't detect all that (just barely present) resemblance with Fierce (both are virile, spicy-woody and rosey but Fierce is more spicy in my opinion). The lavender-coumarine-verbena freshness and the generic "warmth" from the tonka-wood accord are still there till the end. Synthetic in the average. Just not bad.
09th November, 2014 (last edited: 20th January, 2015)
It's pretty basic and it's close to A&F Fierce. There's really not much more to say than that. If you like Fierce than this is a less expensive alternative. Could also be a poor man's Chanel Platinum Egoiste, but overall that fragrance is quite a bit better than this. Personally, I'd go with the PE from the start and pass on this and Fierce. Decent for the price, but overall it's lacking.
05th October, 2014 (last edited: 02nd February, 2015)
I love this stuff. Yes it smells like fierce. But my wife loves this, and does her mom, and her mom's mom. So does just about every lady that comes into contact with me when I wear this. I think that this frag, unlike fierce, can work for any age group. I wear this on date night, church, and to the office. Never let's me down. This will be in my collection for a long time
04th August, 2014
Generic calone, generic woods, generic green notes, generic amber, generic aldehydes... a fresh, cozy, stereotypical post-2000s "contemporay average man scent". Axe Deodorant in a perfume bottle. Next!

30th June, 2014
It's a good sweet and fruity fragrance.
I don't like fruity fragrances but this is a good one with so pleasant smell.
Start with sweet pineapple and some apple notes.
It's not synthetic. it's well balanced.
In the dry down and base some floral notes comes in but the fruity and sweet notes are dominating here and anything else is in the background!
Great projection at the start but very soon become skin scent. the longevity is above average.
Good fragrance but it's so generic! there are tons of fragrances out there that smell like this.
Not my cup of tea!
And this fragrance is similar to Creed Aventus only for a few minutes at the start because of the pineapple note. after that they are completely different!
10th May, 2014
Smells exactly like Abercrombie's Fierce. While I enjoyed that fragrance years ago, I don't want to smell like it today.

04th May, 2014

When I first smelt this fragrance I was obsessed and have since been using it for about 1 year now.
It is a very unique yet novel scent that would suit a more alpha male or a teenage boy for example and is good for everyday use, though my only concern is the longevity of the scent is completely hopeless.
10th March, 2014
Boring, uninventive, unoriginal. Reminds me a lot of Trussardi Uomo 2011. and Cavalli Just Him 2013, then Gucci Guilty. Before all those mentioned there was Boss Selection that started it all. Sweet and fresh, a bit cold in character. The composition of notes implies that this is a complex scent, which is far from the truth. This is the perfume for people who operate on the "SA pointed it out, it's the newest" level. I don't know on what path this house was before this fragrance as I've never tried any besides this one, but I'm sure that, on whichever path they were, they've strayed from it with this creation. Reason I'm rating it neutral, and not negative, albeit my review implies the obvious negativity, is that this scent does what it's supposed to - appease the simple masses and maybe even garner a compliment or two to a younger, well attired wearer.
04th December, 2013
Legend by Mont Blanc

It's not very similar to Platinum Egoiste, but it is very similar to Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Although it lacks the projection that Fierce has, the price is much better and more affordable. Still, being able to smell an Abercrombie from over 50 feet away in a mall has dampened my interest for this kind of fragrance.

29th May, 2013
To compare this to Chanel's Platinum Egoist is an insult. If I wanted to wear alcohol I would have reached for it from my medicine cabinet. No projection, No longevity, overhyped, and overpriced. There is nothing else that needs to be said.......

15th May, 2013
Positive review b/c it is unique...a strong top note combination that dries down into a nice well rounded fragrance. Problem is...I spritzed my arm at 3:30pm. It is now 6pm and I can only smell it if I put my nose right to my arm...2 1/2 hrs? Come on.
13th May, 2013
Abercrombie should take note of the diminished intensity of this fragrance.
When I first smelled this, I went through everything in the cabinet (deodorant included) to try to place the familiar smell. THEN I saw the comments about Abercrombie. YES, THAT'S IT!

I walk an arc around the Abercrombie store to avoid the smell, but this stuff smells like a re-formulation of Abercrobie Fierce with the offending pungeance removed.
I think they 'fume the place to keep older folks from getting too close to the store.

This would make a good deodorant fragrance.
11th May, 2013
Not bad at all. Fresh clean scent that I could wear once in a while. The bergamot and pineapple (slight pineapple) at the initial spray is ok. Smells generic, but again not bad at all. The mids are satisfactory and the base is the best part on this one. The sandalwood and tonka assist this one into being a neutral frag.
22nd November, 2012 (last edited: 07th December, 2012)
tried this out from a sample and wore it to a party. I got no joke 15-25 complements from it. longevity is good. I own Fierce by Abercrombie and i didn't think they were identical but defiantly similar. cheaper to!
08th October, 2012
This summer, I began to dab in the world of fragrances. When I walked up to the counter at Von Maur (sadly, the best place for fragrances anywhere near where I live), I said that I was looking for a summer scent that was "manly" and not "Axe-like." This was the first scent given to me on a card...and I was repulsed. All that hit me was alcohol. However, after reading a number of solid reviews, I gave it another try...and realized that I must have just been given a bad tester the first time...because the second time, I picked up citrus. It was clean and fresh. When I tried it on my wrist, it really opened up during the day--and I liked it even more.

Ground-breaking? No. But it's manly without being MANLY(!!) It really could be worn year-round, day or night.
13th August, 2012
genvy5 Show all reviews
Smells almost exactly like Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Not as obnoxious or headache inducing -- more smooth. Still, the gal working at Nordys agreed with me when I said that. And since we both used to work at A&F, our sentiments were the same. Not a terrible choice, but too much like A&F for me to want to wear it.
23rd July, 2012
common on you guys.. serious?

this stuff is top notch.. i was at the stores and everybody agreed legend is one of the best scents out there.

shame i dont see more reviews maybe ppl dont trust mont blanc from their previous failures and i understand this. but this is a new leaf everybody.

let me just quote what i heard a lady say about this when i was at the store almost purchasing it. a lady customer not a staff memeber,

she goes ufff. wow this smells like money lol and shes bang on. it does..i smells rich powerful. manly and clean. it reminds me a rich posh bentley interior smell lol

get the drift?
i love this and although i dont use it much i keep it as secret weapon for when i want to stand out and pull the ladies in.

get it you wont regret it
21st May, 2012 (last edited: 28th May, 2012)
The initial blast is VERY strong and off putting. That is the mistake here. Very synthetic too and repulsive. The drydown is very good though, reminds me of Creed Millesime Imperial gone sexy.l
15th April, 2012
Has an unusually offensive aluminium-based-deodorant-spray top-note which, unfortunately, persists through the drydown. Eye-watering, hugely radiant, and rock-bottom. Smells like it comes in an aerosol can from the Pharmacy. For $4.95 it would be an OK air-freshener, but personally I'm not sure I even want my bathroom to smell like this.

The male version of Amarige. Repulsive. I would run a mile from any man I smelled this on.

February 2015 revision - still foul.
23rd March, 2012 (last edited: 15th February, 2015)