Neutral Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

Recently sampled Mont Blanc Legend. I was expecting more. This for me is very similar to Chrome by Yardley. If you are thinking of getting this one I would certainly advise trying the offering from Yardley first as it is far cheaper. Personally I am not a fan of either.
21st April, 2016
CMac17 Show all reviews
Definitely a nice male fougere, but it left me quite underwhelmed. As other reviewers have said, there really isn't much that is unique to this fragrance. It certainly smells masculine, thanks to the various greens mixed with the sandalwood (which I must say I like very much), but this smells quite similar to any other "woodsy-citrus-fougere" that seem so popular in today's male fragrance scene.

The longevity was okay, but the sillage was quite low. I prefer fragrances that project just enough to give people a small waft of the scent, but this fragrance was barely noticeable to me or the people around me (my girlfriend didn't even notice it, and had to put her nose basically on my neck to even get a trace of the scent). Overall, in my opinion, this fragrance is nice, but not worth the price. If you're on the fence, I would give this one a polite "pass."
23rd December, 2015
This is a perfectly nice contemporary mens' fragrance that reminds me in a way of all the fragrances that appear on tear-and-sniff adverts in mens' magazines. They sometimes smell nice, even if they don't make any unique statements. If I detected this on someone, I highly doubt I would be able to identify what it is. It could be one of a dozen similar fragrances. Apparently it has a high women's' acceptance quotient, but my wife who hates most things was mildly intrigued with Legend. I guess that's a modest endorsement of sorts. While Montblanc Legend has decent staying power, and admittedly grows more attractive over time, ultimately it lacks distinctive "different-ness," even if it has positive "nice-ness". If it were gifted to me I would wear it sometimes. A safe bet for non-fragrance people or newbies.
24th October, 2015

Legend is effectively generic but is not that poor stuff. Its structure (a classically dark-aromatic fougere accord of lavender, sharp floral notes, woods and oakmoss) is not far from Grigioperla by La Perla. The aroma is a pleasant aromatic and elegant formula with a freshly spicy (strong) lavender-bergamot-oakmoss opening, a dynamic woody virile basic contruction with undiscernible (or better, barely discernible) floral notes and plenty of synthetic woods. I don't detect all that (just barely present) resemblance with Fierce (both are virile, spicy-woody and rosey but Fierce is more spicy in my opinion). The lavender-coumarine-verbena freshness and the generic "warmth" from the tonka-wood accord are still there till the end. Synthetic in the average. Just not bad.
09th November, 2014 (last edited: 20th January, 2015)
It's a good sweet and fruity fragrance.
I don't like fruity fragrances but this is a good one with so pleasant smell.
Start with sweet pineapple and some apple notes.
It's not synthetic. it's well balanced.
In the dry down and base some floral notes comes in but the fruity and sweet notes are dominating here and anything else is in the background!
Great projection at the start but very soon become skin scent. the longevity is above average.
Good fragrance but it's so generic! there are tons of fragrances out there that smell like this.
Not my cup of tea!
And this fragrance is similar to Creed Aventus only for a few minutes at the start because of the pineapple note. after that they are completely different!
10th May, 2014
Smells exactly like Abercrombie's Fierce. While I enjoyed that fragrance years ago, I don't want to smell like it today.

04th May, 2014
When I first smelt this fragrance I was obsessed and have since been using it for about 1 year now.
It is a very unique yet novel scent that would suit a more alpha male or a teenage boy for example and is good for everyday use, though my only concern is the longevity of the scent is completely hopeless.
10th March, 2014
Boring, uninventive, unoriginal. Reminds me a lot of Trussardi Uomo 2011. and Cavalli Just Him 2013, then Gucci Guilty. Before all those mentioned there was Boss Selection that started it all. Sweet and fresh, a bit cold in character. The composition of notes implies that this is a complex scent, which is far from the truth. This is the perfume for people who operate on the "SA pointed it out, it's the newest" level. I don't know on what path this house was before this fragrance as I've never tried any besides this one, but I'm sure that, on whichever path they were, they've strayed from it with this creation. Reason I'm rating it neutral, and not negative, albeit my review implies the obvious negativity, is that this scent does what it's supposed to - appease the simple masses and maybe even garner a compliment or two to a younger, well attired wearer.
04th December, 2013
Legend by Mont Blanc

It's not very similar to Platinum Egoiste, but it is very similar to Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Although it lacks the projection that Fierce has, the price is much better and more affordable. Still, being able to smell an Abercrombie from over 50 feet away in a mall has dampened my interest for this kind of fragrance.

29th May, 2013
Not bad at all. Fresh clean scent that I could wear once in a while. The bergamot and pineapple (slight pineapple) at the initial spray is ok. Smells generic, but again not bad at all. The mids are satisfactory and the base is the best part on this one. The sandalwood and tonka assist this one into being a neutral frag.
22nd November, 2012 (last edited: 07th December, 2012)
genvy5 Show all reviews
Smells almost exactly like Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Not as obnoxious or headache inducing -- more smooth. Still, the gal working at Nordys agreed with me when I said that. And since we both used to work at A&F, our sentiments were the same. Not a terrible choice, but too much like A&F for me to want to wear it.
23rd July, 2012
The initial blast is VERY strong and off putting. That is the mistake here. Very synthetic too and repulsive. The drydown is very good though, reminds me of Creed Millesime Imperial gone sexy.l
15th April, 2012