Neutral Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

Find out more about Legend by Montblanc in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

It's a good sweet and fruity fragrance.
    I don't like fruity fragrances but this is a good one with so pleasant smell.
    Start with sweet pineapple and some apple notes.
    It's not synthetic. it's well balanced.
    In the dry down and base some floral notes comes in but the fruity and sweet notes are dominating here and anything else is in the background!
    Great projection at the start but very soon become skin scent. the longevity is above average.
    Good fragrance but it's so generic! there are tons of fragrances out there that smell like this.
    Not my cup of tea!
    And this fragrance is similar to Creed Aventus only for a few minutes at the start because of the pineapple note. after that they are completely different!

10th May, 2014

Adama's avatar

Smells exactly like Abercrombie's Fierce. While I enjoyed that fragrance years ago, I don't want to smell like it today.

04 May, 2014

Kokmister's avatar

When I first smelt this fragrance I was obsessed and have since been using it for about 1 year now.
    It is a very unique yet novel scent that would suit a more alpha male or a teenage boy for example and is good for everyday use, though my only concern is the longevity of the scent is completely hopeless.

10th March, 2014

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Boring, uninventive, unoriginal. Reminds me a lot of Trussardi Uomo 2011. and Cavalli Just Him 2013, then Gucci Guilty. Before all those mentioned there was Boss Selection that started it all. Sweet and fresh, a bit cold in character. The composition of notes implies that this is a complex scent, which is far from the truth. This is the perfume for people who operate on the "SA pointed it out, it's the newest" level. I don't know on what path this house was before this fragrance as I've never tried any besides this one, but I'm sure that, on whichever path they were, they've strayed from it with this creation. Reason I'm rating it neutral, and not negative, albeit my review implies the obvious negativity, is that this scent does what it's supposed to - appease the simple masses and maybe even garner a compliment or two to a younger, well attired wearer.

04 December, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar

Legend by Mont Blanc

It's not very similar to Platinum Egoiste, but it is very similar to Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Although it lacks the projection that Fierce has, the price is much better and more affordable. Still, being able to smell an Abercrombie from over 50 feet away in a mall has dampened my interest for this kind of fragrance.

29 May, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

Not bad at all. Fresh clean scent that I could wear once in a while. The bergamot and pineapple (slight pineapple) at the initial spray is ok. Smells generic, but again not bad at all. The mids are satisfactory and the base is the best part on this one. The sandalwood and tonka assist this one into being a neutral frag.

22 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 07 December, 2012)

genvy5's avatar

Smells almost exactly like Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce. Not as obnoxious or headache inducing -- more smooth. Still, the gal working at Nordys agreed with me when I said that. And since we both used to work at A&F, our sentiments were the same. Not a terrible choice, but too much like A&F for me to want to wear it.

23 July, 2012

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

The initial blast is VERY strong and off putting. That is the mistake here. Very synthetic too and repulsive. The drydown is very good though, reminds me of Creed Millesime Imperial gone sexy.l

15 April, 2012