Positive Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

Find out more about Legend by Montblanc in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

bell'uomo's avatar

First thing's first, I've never worn, tried, or smelled Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce (but it's on my list of scents to try now.) I can't make the comparison between the two but I'll take everyone at their word that the two smell very similar. This was given to me by a girlfriend a couple years back. That first bottle of it lasted longer than the girlfriend did.

This is definitely one of those "manly" colognes. When I first spray it on, I get a strong bergamot scent, which I very much like. That eventually fades and gives way to a mild, predominantly sandalwood smell. It has moderate projection and sillage but the longevity is way above average. I sometimes can still smell it on me the next morning--almost 24 hours. I feel it would be a bit too strong for summer, but any other time I think this one works fine. Of all the colognes in my collection, this EdT by Mont Blanc gets the most compliments from the ladies, by far.

09th March, 2015

Aether33's avatar

This stuff is 'legendary' amongst women...

This rivals VS Very Sexy for Men for getting the most compliments from women.

I imagine that the pineapple opening has much to do with this. This note appears to be universally liked by women. ( Aventus comes to mind)

The opening is mostly this 'legendary' note of pineapple to my nose, sweet yet masculine. And this is basically it up until hours later when a VERY faint note of oakmoss appears.

It's a very pleasant fragrance without a doubt, but its unsophisticated and not my personal preference. My fave note is leather. But women at work have complimented me on Legend, and in a very overtly manner too. There is something in this that creates a very interesting reaction in them. My fave reaction came from my wife who upon spraying Legend on me she said "Wow, you smell like sex'...

Puzzling and equally incredible...

18th February, 2015

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

Masculine fruity aromatic fragrance with interesting notes (lavender, pineapple, oakmoss, coumarin, pomarose) and good longevity.
    Beautiful bottle too.

23rd November, 2014

Puremugler's avatar

I love this stuff. Yes it smells like fierce. But my wife loves this, and does her mom, and her mom's mom. So does just about every lady that comes into contact with me when I wear this. I think that this frag, unlike fierce, can work for any age group. I wear this on date night, church, and to the office. Never let's me down. This will be in my collection for a long time

04th August, 2014

fan.of.devin's avatar

Not bad.

A more cost effective alternative to Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce.

Imagine a more temperate Fierce with the woodsy/fresh notes shuffled around a bit, and you basically have Mont Blanc Legend. Worth a shot!

Pros: Affordable
    Cons:

02nd June, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

Positive review b/c it is unique...a strong top note combination that dries down into a nice well rounded fragrance. Problem is...I spritzed my arm at 3:30pm. It is now 6pm and I can only smell it if I put my nose right to my arm...2 1/2 hrs? Come on.

13th May, 2013

thines01's avatar

Abercrombie should take note of the diminished intensity of this fragrance.
    When I first smelled this, I went through everything in the cabinet (deodorant included) to try to place the familiar smell. THEN I saw the comments about Abercrombie. YES, THAT'S IT!

I walk an arc around the Abercrombie store to avoid the smell, but this stuff smells like a re-formulation of Abercrobie Fierce with the offending pungeance removed.
    I think they 'fume the place to keep older folks from getting too close to the store.

This would make a good deodorant fragrance.

11th May, 2013

jacobcgi's avatar

tried this out from a sample and wore it to a party. I got no joke 15-25 complements from it. longevity is good. I own Fierce by Abercrombie and i didn't think they were identical but defiantly similar. cheaper to!

08th October, 2012

Teach13's avatar

This summer, I began to dab in the world of fragrances. When I walked up to the counter at Von Maur (sadly, the best place for fragrances anywhere near where I live), I said that I was looking for a summer scent that was "manly" and not "Axe-like." This was the first scent given to me on a card...and I was repulsed. All that hit me was alcohol. However, after reading a number of solid reviews, I gave it another try...and realized that I must have just been given a bad tester the first time...because the second time, I picked up citrus. It was clean and fresh. When I tried it on my wrist, it really opened up during the day--and I liked it even more.

Ground-breaking? No. But it's manly without being MANLY(!!) It really could be worn year-round, day or night.

13th August, 2012

Erind's avatar

common on you guys.. serious?

this stuff is top notch.. i was at the stores and everybody agreed legend is one of the best scents out there.

shame i dont see more reviews maybe ppl dont trust mont blanc from their previous failures and i understand this. but this is a new leaf everybody.

let me just quote what i heard a lady say about this when i was at the store almost purchasing it. a lady customer not a staff memeber,

she goes ufff. wow this smells like money lol and shes bang on. it does..i smells rich powerful. manly and clean. it reminds me a rich posh bentley interior smell lol

get the drift?
    i love this and although i dont use it much i keep it as secret weapon for when i want to stand out and pull the ladies in.

get it you wont regret it

21st May, 2012 (Last Edited: 28th May, 2012)