Reviews of Christian Audigier For Him by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

Find out more about Christian Audigier For Him by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier] in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Leather

This is for the most part a kind of spiced rum accord, set atop a rather skeletal foundation of vetiver and leather. The drydown is especially bare, consisting as it does of grating, chemical-smelling synthetic woods. Bland and uninteresting, especially in light of superior spiced rum and leather compositions like Idole de Lubin or Czech & Speake’s wickedly animalic Cuba.

29 July, 2014

After a very brief berry / fruit start, the rum comes to the dominant position, and very soon after the rum I get strong indications of saffron, cinnamon, and leather. Because I so quickly lose the berry and pear, this immediately becomes a rigidly dry fragrance that screams for more sweetening up. I have an difficult time judging what’s happening here because the leather has so fully grabbed my olfactory system, as so often happens to me in cheaper scents with leather notes. And so it stays, stark, annoying, dry linearly through to its soon-to-follow finish.

Without the sweet notes getting through, this is a pretty grim fragrance for me. The leather and spices that I smell could stand to be a better quality. Projection is poor, but it’s not a scent that I would want to have good projection. The scent is deficient in longevity.

14 April, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

To my surprise, nobody has reviewed this fragrance. This is actually a well known fragrance amongst average Joe's, as it's sold in most retail stores at retail prices; like Kohl's, Belk's, The Men's Warehouse, etc.

The opening is a berry blast. Blackberry, blueberries, accompanied with a dark pear note, vetiver and suede, all shine through from the start. The berries die off, the pear becomes more noticeable, remains dark, and combines with an array of notes. The result, is an oakmoss, vetiver and leather prominent dry down, with a little bit of fruit and cinnamon there to keep it interesting.

Projection is weak, and longevity is about 6 hours. I'm not too thrilled with this one, other than its rich berry set of top notes. I have Michael Kors for men which is the way this fragrance dries down, only MK is much better.

01st September, 2012