Reviews

Reviews of Christian Audigier For Him by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

Genre: Leather

This is for the most part a kind of spiced rum accord, set atop a rather skeletal foundation of vetiver and leather. The drydown is especially bare, consisting as it does of grating, chemical-smelling synthetic woods. Bland and uninteresting, especially in light of superior spiced rum and leather compositions like Idole de Lubin or Czech & Speake’s wickedly animalic Cuba.
29th July, 2014
After a very brief berry / fruit start, the rum comes to the dominant position, and very soon after the rum I get strong indications of saffron, cinnamon, and leather. Because I so quickly lose the berry and pear, this immediately becomes a rigidly dry fragrance that screams for more sweetening up. I have an difficult time judging what’s happening here because the leather has so fully grabbed my olfactory system, as so often happens to me in cheaper scents with leather notes. And so it stays, stark, annoying, dry linearly through to its soon-to-follow finish.

Without the sweet notes getting through, this is a pretty grim fragrance for me. The leather and spices that I smell could stand to be a better quality. Projection is poor, but it’s not a scent that I would want to have good projection. The scent is deficient in longevity.
14th April, 2014
To my surprise, nobody has reviewed this fragrance. This is actually a well known fragrance amongst average Joe's, as it's sold in most retail stores at retail prices; like Kohl's, Belk's, The Men's Warehouse, etc.

The opening is a berry blast. Blackberry, blueberries, accompanied with a dark pear note, vetiver and suede, all shine through from the start. The berries die off, the pear becomes more noticeable, remains dark, and combines with an array of notes. The end result, is an oakmoss, vetiver and leather prominent dry down, with a little bit of fruit and cinnamon there to keep it interesting.

Projection is weak, and longevity is about 6 hours tops, but often more around the 4 hour mark. After having owned this one for a number of years, it really has grown on me. It's become a guilty pleasure of mine, which is great because the price is very justifiable.
01st September, 2012 (last edited: 26th November, 2014)