Neutral Reviews of Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

Nothing great. I don't get much Amber. Gets very powdery very soon. For the price not bad.

04th December, 2015
While I find Prada Amber to be a carefully crafted study in the balances between mainstream and luxe, masculine and feminine, and brightness versus richness, the Intense version feels to me less rigorously plotted and more like some perfumer was asked to make an amber perfume that would appeal to Macys customers who would think an actual amber scent is too "girly". As such, it's basically a fairly standard vanilla amber perfume smothered in steretypical masculine darkness, a hard to pin down mix of pine and chocolate and metallic iodine and ink that sounds interesting but is really just more of that aquatic "woody amber" chemical smell that designer scents use to dumb themselves down. Oddly, there's also a ton of nostril tickling powder on top, which I suppose is intended to class things up, but just feels weirdly unbalanced to me.

All in all, even without the aquatic mess, there are many better ambers out there, but there's something weirdly attractive about Prada Amber pour Homme Intense. It's like eating at Chipotle - you know there are better burritos available and it's really just a watered down white-bread version of something, but it's still oddly satisfying...
03rd November, 2015
This fragrance could easily be named "Old Spice Modern EDC." After the
"de rigueur" bergamot opening, the myrrh / vanilla begin to dominate for about 1 hour then the powdery amber takes over with just enough patch in play to keep this one barely leaning towards the Y chromosome. Weak longevity for an EDP but nevertheless a nice fragrance that is careful not to break any rules and will keep you warm, although mildly bored, on a chilly night. I will reach for this from time to time, but overall IMO, Old Spice EDC is superior.....
09th March, 2015

DEAR EVERYONE IN A 10-FOOT RADIUS, A MAN WEARING FRAGRANCE IS NEAR YOU!!!
I bought this yesterday (while returning two other fragrances I didn't like).
In the store, it smelled like fresh Tootsie Rolls.
I got home, cleaned-up, sprayed-on and went to an event where my wife was waiting. She immediately asked, "What do you have on?". I asked her if she liked it or hated it and she said she wasn't sure. Later, she said she was not a fan of Patchouli, but the rest of it smelled good.

I sprayed one on each side of my neck and one to my LEFT wrist pulse point and tapped it to the right. This morning (15 hours later), I can still smell it, but left smells different (weaker) than right. Use this stuff sparingly.
11th May, 2013
Soapy, synthetic but not bad at all. Don't go heavy on the sprayer with this one. This one could be a unisex fragrance in my book. Projection and longevity is very good. This frag stays with me for about 8 hours.
04th October, 2012