Negative Reviews of La Petite Robe Noire 2012 by Guerlain

Find out more about La Petite Robe Noire 2012 by Guerlain in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire
    An embarrassing, far below average perfume from Guerlain of which I’m not sure of for whom it was made in mind - or why in the first place. I just cannot picture this being worn by a human being - more like a flavoring dress-up for tea or candies... Its a too crude, harsh, loud, overdone and overly too sweet perfume that smells awfully much like all the candies in the world stuffed in a very warm candy-store, creamy sugar-coated bitter almonds in liquid form, overripe black-cherries and/or like getting woke up early in the morning with a cotton-candy pushed into your face. It tries to imitate LL and Angel at the same time and fails by doing so; it tries to be trendy and hip, but in the end screams like a spoiled little kid that wants more candy but doesn’t get anymore. How can this wear the Guerlain-label?

28th May, 2014 (Last Edited: 08th June, 2014)

willaFriend's avatar

Wow, what a repellant perfume. Like a cherry/licorice assault that wants my nose to die. This perfume is a pink sparkly mean-spirited thug. YUCK.

03rd January, 2013

Darvant's avatar

I'm sorry but the Guerlinade is a far memory and i agree with rttoronto. Really an unpleasant fruity syrup not particularly dense but unbalanced, synthetical and overshadowed by a strong licorice/berries/patchouli kind of boozy-candied dominant chord. The latter is too much syrupy (in a fruity/chemical sweet way) to permit a refined floral vibe turning out with grace and subtle complexity. I detect the anisy/almondy touch in the final part of the olfactory development while the rosey character is overcasted and altered by a bombastic fruity (cherry/blackberry) patchouli. Nothing able to keep my interest.

27th October, 2012

sblades138's avatar

A less interesting, less complex Lolita Lempicka (of which I also am not a fan). It's softer and less headache inducing than Lolita, but it lacks the stuff that would make me reconsider my dislike of it (the interesting smokey chocolate note that makes me keep sniffing my arm in wonder, hoping I'll give it another chance but just can't stomach the strength of it). La Petite Robe Noire has that same sickeningly saccharine powder-cherry that gets on my nerves, and that's about it. There's nothing "noire" about this fragrance, and on my 33 year old self, it screams, "I don't wanna grow up...I want a cherry pixie stick...waaaah!" How is this a Guerlain?? I'll stick with Shalimar and Jicky, thank you.

31st August, 2012

magali's avatar

Ireland Ireland

When passing by our local department store in Galway, I noticed ads for La Petite Robe NOire and could not believe my luck. Quicker than Usain Bolt, I whizzed up the kids to the nearest sales assistant and asked firmly but excitedly: "Where is you new Guerlain counter?". The reply was: "We don't have one just that perfume over there..." So I crouched down and sprayed some of LPRN on myself and on the girls. One can never start too early...I should have seen it coming... I should have known... When you start producing pink Shalimar, it's the beginning of the end. As they say here, my heart was in my mouth. I could have cried. What is this cherry jam doing here? Cherry and some sort of liquoricy smell to add insult to injury.Why call it a little black dress when it's cherry pie? Unfortunately, I never thought I 'd have to use the dreaded word...Of course, it's COMMERCIAL!!! Forget being inspired, forget doing something different and adventurous. Just put syrup in a pretty bottle with a pretty name and forget about the rest. It will sell for a few months maybe a year. Put another one out on the market as soon as sales dip a bit and call it Frilly Knickers or Cashmere Jumper and I bet you it will sell. Well, my heart is broken truly and surely.

23rd August, 2012

Virtue&Sin's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

Well, Guerlain achieved to make female universe and the search for the perfect little black dress even more complicated than it used to be by the re-edition of its "Petite Robe Noire"... I wouldn't pick this one for a cocktail, unless I expect people to believe forgot to shower and went straight to throw headfirst into the bowl of fruit and candy.

17th July, 2012