Reviews

Positive Reviews of La Petite Robe Noire 2012 by Guerlain

Salutation.

What a lovely combination!sour cherry,red berries, licorice,anise and vanilla,all and all speaks of a delicious,sweet and mischievous fragrance that smells like one of those delicious fruity lolipops we consumed as children.it is not too cloying or heavy as some Oriental-Vanilla can be. Joyful,Modern, Enjoyable,Indulgent,Sweet,Charming,Yummy,Addictive and Downright pretty.

Introductory joyful and luscious notes of bergamot, coriander and sour cherry rest over a charming heart of rose,licorice and tea,blended with warm patchouli, anis,tonka bean and vanilla provide a sweet and sensual base that serve to mollify it enough to allow men to flirt with you shamelessly.the bottle is as adorable as the scent.

LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE is a brilliant flirtatious charm, this head-turning perfume can be dressed up or down for evening,dancing and dining wear.when you go on a date were it,it will surely get his attention. perfect for a cute young lady in the Autumn/Winter.if you like LOLIT LEMPICKA fragrances,this is the perfume for you.a irresistible scent for men.

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

13th June, 2015
Loro Show all reviews
Review for the EDP version.

I have come to appreciate this for what it is - the perfume equivalent of exactly what it proclaims to be: a little black dress. Easy to wear, flattering to most (I have had a compliment when wearing it, and that NEVER happens) and the perfect thing to throw on when you're pushed for time and want something you know you won't regret later.

On my skin the predominant notes are black cherry, almond and vanilla, in good balance. Unlike many similar fragrances, the cherry doesn't fade completely after half an hour, leaving only a sweet gourmand base. In the case of LPRN it remains in the foreground adding lift to the composition, which never becomes cloying. And longevity is excellent - it remains a comforting, if quiet, presence throughout the day. Does it ask the questions and have the gravitas of the classic Guerlains? No, but that's not the point - it's just a well-crafted, well-balanced everyday perfume for a decent price, and sometimes that's what you want.
05th January, 2015
I had gone to buy Samsara a few weeks back and the counter girl gave me a complimentary sample of La Petite Robe Noire. Trust me, everytime i have put this one on, as I keep it in my wallet, I have got loads of compliments for this. It just smells gorgeous! It stays longer and smells just great on me. Samsara on the other hand just seems to disappear after few minutes!! :(
14th January, 2013

Initially I was very disappointed as felt this perfume had no body and faded quickly on me.

However I persevered and kept trying it at different times of the day etc,because it has a lot of my favourite notes in it.

The turning point came came when my 28yr Son and fellow fragrance addict asked what I was wearing and said I smelt gorgeous......praise indeed as he is also my biggest critic and tells it as it is.

Just goes to show how the ph value differs in everyones skin and how this can affect smell. One mans poison etc....

Now my second every day perfume after My Insolence.
23rd December, 2012
angelica Show all reviews
After the initial cherry blast, this is a dark, grown-up fragrance. Its tone reminds me of SL's Rose de Nuit although it smells nothing alike. I can also smell proper old Shalimar in here - the smoky, leathery, birch tar base, mmm... I guess this is the smoked tea. Also my beloved L'Heure Bleue... the almond, the aniseed. This is proper Guerlain stuff! I feel with this one they have finally successfully found the middle ground between the die-hard lovers of classics and potential new customers looking for something original with a contemporary feel. There's also a low electric hum which makes the scent feel alive... it must be some sort of aldehyde. I have smelled it somewhere before but cannot place it... (is it the so-called hairspray accord from Insolence which I actually loved and found so inventive? - the EDP being a more boring version of linear violet IMO)... but outside of perfumery it is the air before a thunderstorm, or a rock concert if you have been up close to all of the buzzing electrics on the stage. The rose heart is beautiful and luminous. When I first tested this I smelled it side by side with Rose Barbare to assess the rose, and I honestly preferred this. Overall it is not a loud fragrance (aside from the opening blast). It feels sultry and designed to draw people closer. Also, in my opinion a vast improvement on the original which I found to be too sweet and too dated (already, a la Angel). Slightly weird to launch in the spring/summer as it feels more of an autumn fragrance to me, but I'm wearing it anyway... it's impossible for me to resist!
28th June, 2012