Positive Reviews of Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

A more robust, spicier version of the original, Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum is typical of the "Parfum" flanker that is a greater concentration of the original. Unfortunately, the Parfum loses the freshness of the original but gains a strength that renders it more apt for wearing in cold weather. Perhaps the Parfum and the original EDT can be worn in cooler and warmer months, respectively.

As far as how it differs from the original scent-wise, in addition to being a little thicker and spicier, there's also a vague sort of anise-like sweetness that is a bit of turn off to my nose.

An interesting enhancement but nothing revolutionary, the Parfum should work wonders for fans of the original that were pining for a heavier performer, but it falls short of inspiring me. I'll adhere to the original, questionable performance and all.

7 out of 10
24th May, 2016
Beauty in simplicity.
I actually got the base and middle notes reversed, the myrrh stayed with me for a long time.

I love it, and unlike the classic older brother, NOT a summer scent.
24th February, 2016
A myrrh BOMB...and its my signature fragrance. The heaviness...the pure chic-ness...and the hyper-masulinity of its nature, is all in your face and unapoligetic. There is nothing about it, I do not like.
31st January, 2016

A perfume story: Review of Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior © 2016 Frankie Chocolate
(For all you sexy beasts out there.)

Bob and I were discussing perfumes one afternoon and how they often held so much promise but rarely delivered on those promises. Bob is not from around here.

There was a girl I knew in college. She sat in front of me in English class. She would wear these tight sweaters and Obsession every day till it took all my strength not to crash up from the desk, sweep her up in my arms and smooch the living daylights out of her. I bought some for Bomb Bradshaw and I even put on a tight sweater but it didn’t smell the same.

I remember the sexiest smelling girl I ever met, I told him
Do tell, he replied.
She was something different. She was not Michelle Pfeiffer but there was something naturally attractive about her. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

Oh. That girl? Oh you silly boy. There wasn’t anything natural about that that girl at all.

But she was the most naturally sensual creature I’d ever met.

Was she? All natural too? That would be worth seeing Franswa. Could we take a look?

How we gonna do that? Go back in time?

No. Said Bob. Not even God can do that. Mm well wait a minute. Come to think of it He violated a thousand laws of nature and man when he was here on earth. Walked on water, turned it into wine, fed the 5,000, raised the dead…I misspoke Franswa. If the creator wanted to go back in time he could do it simple as you walking across the street. But he’d never need too.

Why is that?

Because he already knows everything that gonna happen. He’s there 100% in each second of time. He doesn’t have to go back because he’s already there. Or forward. He said I AM not I was. Does that make sense? You and I would go back in time to change history or for a personal do over. He doesn’t have any regrets to go back and fix.

What about the devil?

What about him?

I’ll bet he wishes he could go back and unmake he devil?

First of all he didn’t make the devil. He made Lucifer. He knew Lucifer would go bad before he made him. So God had him sussed before Sunday. He’s really God’s ape. God allows him to do what he’s going to do so God can turn the bad into something good, even amazing.

I don’t think he shouldn’t have made him.

He made Lucifer good as gold. Bright, beautiful and powerful, full of light, joy and happiness. He became the devil when he chose to turn away from the good. One of God’s specialties is taking something terrible and making something good or even great out of it.

Why? To show off?

Just the exact opposite. Man and angel mess up because they are human and angelic. Not perfect. God already knows we are gonna cheese up and has already got a dozen plans in place to redeem our bad and turn it into something good.

I cheese up pretty bad.

Ever murder the prince of life and glory?

No. Not today.

Okay well the devil did. It was a gazillion time worse than anything you will ever do. It was not a good thing. It was the worst of the worst but God turned it around so Christ death on the cross opened up heaven for anyone who would accept the free gift. He took the very worst and transformed it into the very best. He didn’t orchestrate it so he could pull a rabbit out of his hat. He knew it was coming and already had the parts in play so it would work out the way he wanted.

Whoa. Imagine playing chess with this guy! He’d beat you in one move.

Two moves. Fools mate.

What?

Two moves are the least amount of moves used to win a chess match. It’s called Fool’s Mate.

How in the world could you possibly know…

Wikipedia, said Bob. Use it all the time. You should donate a few bucks once year.

Ah.

Now getting back to answer your question. We we will not go back in time to look up the girl because no one—but God could do that but we don’t have to. I have something wondrous that will help us. He held up a slip of laminated paper.

A library card? That’s your crystal ball? I don’t get it.

Really Franswa you disappoint me. The public library is a fountain, a reservoir, a wealth of untapped information and discovery.

And how will this show me the past?

It’s a special card. I just have to punch in the numbers.

We’re not actually dialing up the local public library are we?

No. We’re not.

He got out a bright pink Mac Notebook with cute baby animals underneath each letter.

I squinted.

Sorry, it’s my niece’s. I was in a hurry and my battery was dead.

Then by all means I proffered.

His fingers flew across baby lambs, ducks and platypuses. Images flashed across the screen till one flickered then stabilized. I saw my best bud Billy Shmagner.
He didn’t have an easy childhood. His stepfather was a mean old farmer who cared more about the new Steiger tractor he lusted after then the stepson he got in the bargain.

Billy was a bottle of pop shaken up with your thumb on the end. He was happy not because he had an easy or good life. He was happy because he consciously chose joy instead of complaining each day. He was fun and goofy and a lot bigger than me. We were both rail thin because the commune even though it took all the money we made somehow didn’t feed us all that well. We had a lot of adventures, carrying sheet rock, almost getting swept off a mountainside and that sort of thing. So many good memories between the bull and the bear. This one was about the hookers.

We were on the streets of anchorage, the seedy part and Billy boy was witnessing to a hooker. I was amazed at the wall of fire God put around this young man as he’d boldly walk up to the working girls and start telling them God loved them. I didn’t want to go any where near these babes because I was a young man and they looked pretty good to me. Billy didn’t care what they looked like. He had God’s heart and he cared for their souls not their mesh stockings.

So we’re walking the mean frozen streets of Alaska’s biggest city and he’s telling hookers God loves them when they don’t think anyone loves them at all and I’m half a block down praying for him. He finished up and I told him I wished had some money cuz I’d really like a 7-up.

If you want one why don’t you just ask God for it?

God is not gonna give me a 7-up.

Why not?

Cuz he doesn’t want me to have one.

Why not?

Because they are bad for you and we give all our money to the commune and I ain’t even got a cent for a pair of shoelaces or can of pop.

I think you need more faith Frankster

I need a lot of things. Right now I need a pop.

Billy sighed patiently, looked up to heaven and said, “Dear Jesus would you please get us some pop up in here so Frankie here can grow in his faith.”

Thanks Bill. That was really thirst quenching.

Three minutes later a longhaired free spirit walked down the road and engaged Billster in a conversation about the universe. Billy’s nodding his head trying hard to track with this guy but he’s really out there.

Yeah. Uh huh. Okay freak. I never thought about it that way.

Suddenly the dawn rose in his brain and he said, “I just bought this six pack of 7-up and after one can I don’t even want it any more. Do you want the rest?

Billy must ‘a been from Chicago because he never let on. Just as smooth as silk he said, “Yeah, I guess maybe that would be okay” like he’s doing the guy a solid.

So free spirit floats off into the dim grey afternoon and Billy boy gave me a little smile, held up the five pack and said, “See. You just need a little faith.” He bowed his head and thanked our God on accounta a fiver of 7-up isn’t something desperate like needing a kidney or hair plug transplants but He’s a lavish God and in spite of my unbelief he popped for the pop. He’s done that more than a few times I think.

I slammed two cans down and we’re walking across the street when this girl with dark hair comes outta somewhere and passes us on the right.

I’m in robo evangel mode so I blurt out, “Jesus loves you.” It wasn’t my finest work but I had a short window and the last thing I wanted on judgment day for the Big Guy to roll this tape and freeze frame it here and say, “There. There was the opportunity I set up for you and you breezed past it chugging Mountain Dew. I put her right in your path and you just let her walk on into hell. At this point I don’t want to correct the Almighty and tell him it was 7-up so I hunker down cuz I already know what’s coming next.

I had it all set up so this girl would repent and take over Mother Teresa’s slot and win everyone in Brooklyn to Christ and you couldn’t cough up a hello?

All this flashed through my sugar soaked brain –I’m sure it was my Catholic guilt kicking in too—so as we walked past her so I blurted out Jesus Loves you as a Hail Mary and hoped His tape machine won’t get this incident and if it does Michael the Arc will start humming amazing grace or something.

Her answer was one a condescending adult would give a child. “I’ve never needed God and my life is amazing.“

As she walked past us our nostrils flared and our eyes grew wide. A wave of sensuality and animalistic desire washed over us like Lake Michigan waves across Lake Shore Drive in a summer storm.

We looked at each other and said, “Did you catch that? What was that?”

I watched her walk down the block and felt a pang of regret as she turned a corner.

Bob stopped the vid and asked me, “ What did you see? What did you experience Franswa?

She was mid twenties. Brunette with short waved hair. Chubby cute. Good teeth. Jeans, a top hidden because of her black puffy jacket and scarf. Ok but nothing to make a bishop kick a hole though a stain glass window.

Very good. Now lets have a closer look, said the Bobster.

The sound was turned off. He backed up the vid so we were all walking backwards till he got to the point where she had just answered me and froze it there with her eyes half closed. He hit the frog key on the keyboard and a fragrance came up out of the computer. It brought back memoires.

Is that the smell you smelled Franswa?

That’s it exactly. How’d you do that? That is the most natural sexiest smell that could ever be. I smell that and I want to sweep the girl off her feet and have my way with her. I want perfume that smells like that!

He smiled a little smile and pressed on.

That my little crumb cake was the smell of sex in the afternoon.

I never smelled sex like that.

Mm. I wonder? He hit some more animal keys and then zoomed in on the woman’s back and where she had just passed.

Humming a snatch of Crocodile Rock he changed a filter so the image turned deep red. I squealed and jumped back half over the couch I was sitting in.

Firmly attached to this woman’s back was a grey malnourished demon that snarled at us. From him and her came the odor I’d just found so enticing.

There you go Franswa.

Where I go? Get rid of the demon. Can he see us?

He knows someone is watching him but not whom. Pay him no mind. He’s an imp of no account. But here is the reason you found this girl so irresistible.

This young woman had just come from an afternoon tryst. It had been fierce, prolonged and beyond intense. But it as more than afterglow you were picking up. This wretched creature had been in the room with them. Demons get off on sex probably because they can’t have any so they sometimes enflame people then get their kicks watching them go at it like dogs in heat. Faster faster rover. There’s a bad dog. Faster Rover faster.

So as the young lady fresh from her illicit encounter walked past you she was high from what she though was the best sex in her life. With sex like this who needs God so she gave you a carefree flippant answer. As she walked by the demon—this one’s name is Filth recognized you as belonging to Jesus so he shot out most of the pheromone he had saved up just to get your tongues hanging out. He later showed the tape of you looking with longing as the girl walked around the corner and tried to bring accusations against you but it didn’t stick.

Anyone dowsed with that much electrically charged pheromone and lust would have felt some stirrings. It’s the kind of lust that comes on like a flash flood from hell. It calls to you sweeping away all reason and restraint. It twists in your gut like a dull knife and you want more of the blade. You want all of it. In a half moment you go from Mort Milquetoast to a raving fiend that wants to plumb the depths of depravity and put in six sub basements.

So you see my little lump nut there was nothing natural about that girl at all. She probably even died her hair and what you experienced was only human desire amplified a thousand fold by a devil that should know better.

So it wasn’t real? All natural? Was any of it real?

The girl was real. The pheromones were real.

But that was the sexiest thing I’ve ever smelled. I want to be sexy.

How about just spraying on some Eau Sauvage.

Bergamot, Myrrh, Vetiver? I lifted it from my darkened shelf. An almost squat ribbed oblong bottle with a black belt and knurled cap. It was the sexiest thing I owed. I sprayed on three shots and suddenly I was ten feet tall and bulletproof. Look at me. I’m a sexy beast. Bob laughed and went home. He’s not from around here. The end.

26th January, 2016
Tried this from a tester bottle when it first came out in 2012. It first disappointed as it was not an adequate ES flanker. It was too sweet with a Vanilla overkill.
In 2014 tried it again, and the Vanilla had been toned down and I approached with the mind that it was a new direction.
I now find the Myrrh and Vetiver and Vanilla in
better balance. It is a joy to wear and quite distinctive. The newest Cologne and Sauvage don't hold a candle.
29th December, 2015 (last edited: 10th January, 2016)
Accidentally bought this meaning to get classic Eau Sauvage, but clicked the wrong button. Tried it anyway, at height of summer. Big mistake. Huge. That first impression was that it was smothering and opaque, too strong, too sweet.

Tried it again now that the weather's cold, and love it. Will be wearing it a lot this winter. I'm no expert, but see this as a stripped-down classic chypre, with the progression of bitter herbal/citrus, sweet resinous, deep earthiness.

In the heat this is a getitoffgetitoffgetitoff crawl-out-of-my-skin scrubber, but in winter, an entirely different beast.

01st August, 2015
Eau Savage Parfum is a marvel because it is simple, yet complex. I don't know if those are all the notes listed above, but if they are, then Francois Demachy has magic up his sleeve.

Very masculine and self-assured. Like a man who is successful, but doesn't boast about it. It's probably what the soap smells like in the wash-rooms of a Fortune 500 company.

That citrus bergamot in the top is enough draw you into the rich, deep aromas lurking underneath, the herbals and spices and the aromatic woodiness. It's quite gourmand as it dries down, even though the bergamot remains in the mix.

There are people who clearly think this is not a patch on the 1966 classic, but it shouldn't have to be a competition; when you have two good things there is room for both, it's a great scent.
20th June, 2015
Salutation.

It is always nice to have an DIOR name in your collection.A perpetual classic. ESP is one of those perfume that never goes out of style.All gentleman should try and use this EDP because ESP is in the true sense of the word a gentleman's perfume. Classy,Chic, Elegant,Vibrant,Sophisticated,Amazing, Mesterpiece and Gentlemanlike.

Great opening and great ending this is a superb trait between more DIOR fragrances just like this one.At the beginning It smells predominate of the Citrus notes.myrrh in the middle and vetiver in the base notes making you feel like caught in an exotic grove where all sorts of fragrant herbs grow.
Excellent aroma that can be used during the day as well as at night.The dry down is fantastic indeed.

ESP is a very earthy and sensuous fragrance.this one is not for the average fragrance guy who wears popular fragrances.It is a more developed taste.In my opinion It's has a very subtle smell and masculine in nature.very french in style.suitable for business meetings and anywhere you want to assert yourself.A wonderful signature fragrance for a rich tycoon and one of my 5 favorites at the moment. Thank you CD!

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?10 hours on my skin.

22nd April, 2015
Actually there is eau savage hidden in this. Whoever has a familiarity with the latter's accord can't miss it. In fact this is a rich citrus with an underlying myrrh that is somehow sweet and balsamic. I notice jasmine in this composition also. The vetiver is present mostly in the dry down and leaves the final trail. Very long lasting and with power silage.
20th February, 2015
I got this in today and after spending some hours with it I'm loving it. I can see why it's considered a fall/winter cold weather fragrance as it could be suffocating in the heat.

The bergamot and myrrh opening is creamy and enticing, like an earl grey tea with a splash of heavy cream, it evokes a well dressed, serious guy and I'll probably find the occasion to wear this a few times per year. As it dries down, the vetiver makes an appearance. As it's subtle smokiness combines with the myrrh, it brings a 'smokey incense-y' vibe to it that's very masculine and comforting (being a recovering Catholic). The bergamot sticks around throughout and the combination really does equal more than the sum of its parts. I imagine a man in an overcoat, drinking a cup of earl grey in a park adjacent to a cathedral on an overcast sunday morning after mass has ended, wafts of fugitive incense billowing their way through the park.

10 month's later...

I just LOVE THIS JUICE! ..and it's amazing to me what this trio of notes combine to create in this fragrance.

The tone of ESP is overcast. That's what I get. It's a month of overcast sundays in a bottle. Yet it's not a clinical depression. It's a divine melancholia that possesses you for a time. It's a romanticized sadness, reflective and thoughtful. The kind of emotion which deepens us as people and increases our capacity for compassion and kindness. It's almost funereal and as much as I love this stuff, I think (if applied tastefully) its would be suitable for this purpose.

Notes I get besides the vetiver, myrrh and bergamot composition:

marshmellow
root beer (especially root beer float)
birch beer
incense
creamsicle
18th February, 2015 (last edited: 17th December, 2015)
Simple notes, great scent! Sweet and light citrus with a mild vetiver. The myrrh is a perfect note to add in this gem. I will be purchasing a bottle of this before the warmer weather gets here. 8/10
12th December, 2014
I'm not into incense but this one is good. It's Eau Savage smoothness keeping the incense from being too much. It lasts longer than the regular Eau Sauvage. If you like incense it's a no-brainer.
08th December, 2014
Another marvelous fragrance from Dior.
I think it's important to keep in mind that is not an 'intense' version of the traditional Eau Sauvage. This one is pretty much different and, imo, the main difference here is the masterfully simplicity of combining three wonderful masculine notes (bergamot, myrrh and vetiver). The result: a balsamic, exotic, sweet-citrusy masterpiece and, in my opinion, the reason of the success of this release.

More oriental and a little bit darker than its Extreme predecesor, with a wonderful myrrh note, very well combined in the whole of the composition, surrounded by a zesty citrus top and an earthy vetiver base. It lasts 6-10 hrs on skin, with a noticeable presence in the first 2 hrs, a versatile and compelling creation. My personal rank 9/10.
06th November, 2014

Wow! What a great fragrance...

Eau Sauvage Parfum is a deliciously smooth accord of sweet myrrh and citric bergamot that is at once fresh, airy, creamy, soapy, and powdery. It's all of these adjectives, yet never too much of any one. Within the myrrh and bergamot there's a hint of vanilla, a cream soda-like aroma that emanates from the heart. It's grounded in vetiver, which gives it a solid base, but the vetiver is carefully restrained, a middle-of-the-road earthy wood that is neither too dark and dirty or too grassy and bright. It compliments the myrrh and allows it to shine as the star of the show. The myrrh is beyond reproach.

Stylistically, I'm too comfortable smelling this to consider it a formal fragrance, and at the same time it's so nice, I don't want to label it "casual" either. You could easily dress it up in a suit and tie, but I'd be hesitant to dress it down beyond a sweater and a good pair of jeans. Age wise, I imagine it will work best on a mature 25 and up, but don't let that limit you--it's just a reference. Projection is excellent and longevity is very good. Be careful not to go too heavy on the trigger.

Once again Dior has created something that's unique, a little unusual, and smells fantastic. The bottle looks great as well.
11th October, 2014
Very, very good stuff here. I cannot believe so few notes can create a fragrance that is so complex! It has a fresh citrus opening that does smell like an amped-up Eau Sauvage. That may actually be my favorite part of the fragrance, but the dry down is as good as advertised: sweet, spicy myrrh with a proper, sharp vetiver. It smells fantastic from start to finish. Go easy on the sprays (ONE - maybe two if it is cooler out), and it is perfectly suitable for office wear. It really shines at nighttime and when it is cooler out. I own or have owned many of the well-recognized "compliment magnet" fragrances - YSL L'Homme, La Nuit de L'Homme, Bleu de Chanel, etc. People compliment me more on this fragrance than anything else. Maybe it just suits me, or maybe it is just that damn good.

This stuff lasts longer than anything I have ever tried - spray it on at 7am, and it is still going strong at 11pm. The potency of this fragrance is to be respected, both from an appreciative point of view and a cautionary one. When I first got it, which was in July, I wore two sprays to work in the morning and had no problems - loads of compliments, and smelled great all day. I was going out to dinner with friends afterwards around 7pm, and stopped at home to "refresh" myself with a spray of this awesome new fragrance I had purchased, and put on two sprays. BIG MISTAKE. The entire drive over to the restaurant (~30 minutes) my eyes were stinging, like I had sprayed it directly on my face rather than on the sides of my neck. I don't know if I was choking out everyone around me at dinner (maybe my friends were just polite), but I was definitely choking myself out for a good couple of hours.

This stuff reminds me of an intoxicant - use it responsibly and you will have a great time. Overindulge, and you will pay for it.
04th October, 2014
I have read that people think this is a pure perfume or an extrait... Well, to me it's simple EDP concentration.

It has very little in common with original Eau Sauvage EDT and absolutely nothing in common with Eau Sauvage Extreme (the new one, Intense. It sounds terrible, lol).

The opening is a wonderful burst of citruses. They're very juicy. It lasts about 5 minutes or so and morphs into an oriental bomb made of myrrh, vanilla and maybe some other oriental spices. I agree that the myrrh is an absolute star here. This fragrance is very smoky. Later on it gets more and more balmier with appearance of vetiver. Fragrance from now on smells like myrrh on the woody base.

Logevity is around 15 hours, sillage is great. It was my blind buy and I can tell you - one of my best blind buys ever.
29th September, 2014
A dominating Myrrh fragrance from the start to the middle , very power full and some how different from the available lot...I really like the the opening but I love the dry down which very very musky and smoky to me....stunning fragrance with very good silage and longevity. Thumz up.
20th May, 2014
Wow Myrrh, who would have known. This is my first myrrh based cologne, and I love it. The myrrh combines with the vetiver giving it a very sophisticated aura. I believe it could be for evening wear. Only a few sprays though it can be a bit strong.
24th April, 2014
I've decided to write a review about this one later but I couldn't resist anymore!
This is one of the best releases in designer fragrances in years.
A masterpiece that the words are not enough to describe this beauty.
There are only three notes in this fragrance and I'm going to throw vanilla in it too which makes it four and all these four notes have stunning quality and masterfully blended together.
The opening is a great combination of all four notes but bergamot is prominent in the opening.
It's tart, fresh and bitter citrusy, but oily, resinous and dirty because of myrrh and also a little smoky and rooty because of vetiver.
There is a little sweet vanilla here too to wrap it up and give the scent more depth.
In the mid the citrusy bergamot note settles down and I can smell more myrrh and vetiver.
It's smoky, dirty, earthy and dark but a little fresh, sweet and sexy at the same time.
The vanilla note here smell like vanilla ice cream and give the scent a very sensual aroma.
The base is very close to the mid as far as the smell but it's a little more vanilla ice cream like sweet and a little less smoky.
Projection is awesome and longevity can easily pass 12 hours.
Some people say that this fragrance smell very mature and kind of dated but I don't agree with them at all.
This is not a casual fragrance for teenagers indeed, but if someone around 25 and up wants to smell like a real gentleman this is one of the best.
06th March, 2014
Given its ingredients – bergamot, myrrh, vetiver; and given the “Eau Sauvage” name, it would be almost impossible for me not to love this one. I totally enjoy bergamot… I’m addicted to the myrrh scents I own. As for the vetiver, I own about twelve bottles of fragrances with “vetiver or vetyver” in the name.

Even though I long ago promised myself to never again buy blind, when it came to Eau Sauvage Parfum, I didn’t think twice when I saw the limited list of levels: bergamot, myrrh, vetiver. I blind ordered a 1.7 bottle, wore it once and immediately ordered a 3.4 bottle for backup. It’s by far the best blind buy I’ve made, and not only that, Christian Dior’s Eau Sauvage Parfum has reawakened my interest in pursuing current offerings from the top designers. I love this one.
31st January, 2014
Definitely a gentlemen's fragrance......this is gorgeousness (a word?) in a bottle. This does last all day at least 8 hours. I have not smelled the vintage creation, however, if it smells like this I simply bypassed a true gem!!!
22nd January, 2014
Epitomy of understated elegance.

Elegant, nonchalant, class. Nothing more.

11th September, 2013
A Wonderful Gentlemans Fragrance.

I never liked the original Eau Sauvage EDT but this modern interpretation on the original is different and very nice indeed. I get the bergamot at the start and the woody vetiver but the star of the show accord is the sweet myrrh at the heart of the scent. I know it's not in the official breakdown of notes but I swear I can smell neroli mixed in with the myrrh in this scent.

To sum up a classy gentleman's fragrance which would be perfect for the office.

05th August, 2013
More than the sum of its parts in that the fragrance plays off the sharp citrus note being rounded off by the resinous and raw nature of the myrrh. Expertly crafted, versitile and a masterpiece. One of the few EDP concentrations that is suited to a warm/hot climate, though it will fill its purpose anywhere any time. Class in bottle. Get it on your try/buy list.
25th March, 2013
Remembering the original classic, I wasn't prepared for the warmth in this 2012 incarnation. But thankfully this phase is short-lived, the ambery/vanillic aspect mitigated by the resinous quality of the myrrh. I particularly enjoy sniffing out the lightly earthy vetiver which in this instance is excellently blended. A tinge of spice over the barest hint of leather is a leaf taken from the original playbook but the vibe is decidedly more urbane than traditionalist/conservative.

Overall a suitably classy wardrobe option for the man whose wild and partying days are well and truly behind.
09th March, 2013
Sweet myrrh and lemons, Eau Sauvage Parfum is another masterpiece by Dior. It's a linear scent that envolves you for a long time. Vetiver is really present, but not green and bright like in many fragrances. It's resinous but a little sweet at the same time. Big thumbs up!
02nd March, 2013
first test "nooo" second round "maybe" third round "great" has nothing to do with real es even if the note of jasmine flowers there! But anyway this new edt is wonderful, bergamot has never been so well connected to the vetiver. Power is a true 80's powerhouse, for hours and hours it always feel better, finally a masterpiece born now!
04th January, 2013
Bergamot, myrrh, vetiver and amber high quality. Starts with a touch that adds refreshing bergamot. Gradually myrrh looks to bring sensuality to the fragrance and becomes the protagonist of the composition. Such is the quality of its ingredients, when inspired and hit my nose the smell of myrrh, I teleported to my childhood when elders used it as incense in their homes. Vetiver feels quite distant, is present, but my skin is quite smooth. Last appears amber, softening and highlighting the sensuality of sauvage. The projection and longevity is moderate in my skin. Fragrance to consider from my perspective.
20th December, 2012
Very impressed by this new Eau Sauvage Parfum version. This updated version is destined to become a masterpiece. ESP is a very rich, masculine, sophisticated, yet subtle fragrance. It is an excellent blend of myrrh, vetiver, and leather accords enveloped in a moderately, sweet, smokey, and resinous back drop. The longevity is excellent, even on my dry skin. Sillage is moderate. A gentlemens fragrance for sure. Can be worn all seasons, day/night. Can be used as a sophisticated, classy and safe signature scent.
09th December, 2012
rbaker Show all reviews
Again one of those dubious attempts to profit from an established name by creating a completely different new product. This scent has nothing to do with Eau Sauvage. The bergamot opening and the vetiver go well together, with the vetiver being if the darker and earthier variety and of good quality. After about four hours the myrrh breaks though and adds a warm, high-quality spice base that forms a good backbone. This latter notes starts to dominate after about five hours. Good projection and silage. Apart from the name it is completely unrelated to the ES original. One thing does not disappoint: it definitely is perfume strength with a longevity of over ten hours on me.
06th December, 2012