Neutral Reviews of Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The top notes lack the peachy pineapple character of the original, but otherwise is quite similar compared to the original. The green-floral middle notes appear to be blended better and a are a tad less generic, but the base is as unexciting as the original version. Adequate silage and projection on my skin, and a somewhat better longevity of about five hours. In the end I prefer this flanker to the original.

07 March, 2014

Oldspice's avatar
    Oldspice

Acqua Di Gio Essenza

Going on and for the first couple hours this does in fact smell quite a bit like RL Polo Blue but I would not call them identical. The longer I wear this the more it starts to smell more like the original ADG only smoother and with a more woody base. It's listed as an EDP though if it's stronger or longer lasting than the original it's not by much.

It's not bad but nothing unique here. I don't think it's worth the pricetag ($108 for 2.5 oz), I would go with the original if I had to get one or the other.

03 July, 2013

comfortablynumbbg's avatar
    comfortablynumbbg
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

Smells nice, reminiscent of the regular Acqua di Gio. This has better longevity (but that doesn't say much). It's also a bit more mature smelling.

12 May, 2013

Russlan's avatar
    Russlan

Acqua Di Gio Essenza and Ralph Layren Polo Blue are as identical, as two cans of Coca-Cola. Just like that. So make your own conlclusions.

12 May, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Masculine and confident this one is an improvement of the original and a good alternative for the lovers of the genre. Not just an aquatic but a more somber woodsy-ambery masculine so cedary and dusty-spicy in the dry down. As well as already written Essencia is obviously similar to the original but more woodsy, bodied and spicy. The beginning is lemony, herbal (i detect the basil) and influenced by ozone-marine soapy-salty elements with floral patterns rising up. A somber jasmine starts projecting its floral feel in the air before the disclosing process of a restrained masculine woody and ambery (ambergris) dry down. Common but well appointed. The dry down reminds me a bit Gucci by Gucci Sport. Discreet and modern.

14 September, 2012

eaudemale's avatar
    eaudemale
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

I ended up buying a 180ml bottle go figure out why. The most prominent notes are the citric ones during the opening and then basil and jasmine, like lots of basil, why do my old memories of this fragrance were something melony? After a few hours I can sniff the cedar, the rest are complimentary notes for me. The sillage is not great for a eau de parfum, but with a 180ml bottle, I don't expect to get anything better up till I get to the half of it at least.

26 August, 2012