Positive Reviews of Tokyo Bloom by The Different Company

With its intriguing name and green colour, I was keen to sample this fragrance, but when I finally got to do so it was different from what I expected. Not a green note in sight, my main impression was the overdosed musk. And the type of musk veers uncomfortably towards old fashioned musk ketone, not one of my favourites. Supposedly it evokes cherry tree blossoms in springtime Japan, though whether this is anything more than marketing hype is debatable.

With time however this fragrance has rather grown on me. Perceptions change, as is often the case. The musk seems sweeter and more modern, similar to Creed's Original Vetiver for example. The freshness reminds me of Lancôme's Aquatonic, a very clean impression overall. I can even believe noses more sensitive than mine might pick out some subtle green notes. They could be related to the greenness in Comme des Garcons Calamus, which is also described as resembling dandelions.

24th March, 2017 (last edited: 27th March, 2017)
Very green on the opening, like a non-bitter galbanum. Eventually it went into some flora notes and then a drydown that was soft, warm and cuddly. What was really interesting about this was the effect of the topnotes on some nasal congestion. I was really having problems breathing, and this worked better than medication for enabling me to breath. I'm pretty surprised as fragrances usually have no effect or make it worse. I'll probably be buying a bottle just for medicinal use if nothing else.
16th December, 2012
Fresh, clean, breezy---very light cologne strength, but its gentleness is so pleasant! I smell wet morning dew on basil, dandelion milk, and some wood and musk...it's exactly what I would imagine early morning in a garden of bansai trees to feel like :) Happy, green, and FRESH. It puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step.
14th September, 2012 (last edited: 15th September, 2012)