Neutral Reviews of FCUK Friction Him by French Connection

Find out more about FCUK Friction Him by French Connection in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Decent scent - but below average projection, sillage, and longevity...

Okay - I did a double take at the label (designer) when I first spotted this cologne... I am sure there are others...

To quote one of my golfing buddies on a trip in years past, "Harry, your coffee ain't bad - but, it is not that good either..." When trying Friction, that was my first thought. This same guy is also noted for saying, "golf is just something you do while drinking beer.." Not sure I have tried a cologne that will fit that quote - but you never know..!!

Friction is not a bad fragrance - it starts out with citrus and musk notes that finishes into a decent spicy fragrance. It is generic and is a "copy cat" to many fragrances out there. The longevity, projection, and sillage are below average - lasting only a couple of hours close to the skin. The fragrance does offer flexibility or versatility as it can be worn to any event at any time of the year - just take the bottle with you to reapply (frequently) as needed. No compliments on this one thus far and it may not be worn enough to provide any follow-up down the road.

I do like the bottle and packaging - it gives the impression of an expensive and high-end fragrance. Additionally, the price/value is above average.

My tally for Friction is 3 stars out of 5 stars. It has a "catchy" name (designer), nice looking bottle, and comes at a bargain price. Only if you are the avid collector would I recommend. Always finish what you started - you will be amazed at what you can accomplish..

10th May, 2013

ajstudly's avatar

Well wasnt expecting much from this however got a gift set for like 20$ so went with the purchase. It is basicly a citrus scent nothing new or spectacular here. I dont think it smells great or bad just in the middle. Nothing to get you noticed but nobody is gonna say you smell bad either. It does not last very long only 3-4 hours on my skin I put it on 5 hours ago and can not even smell a trace right now. Smells like another fragrence just cant seem to put my finger on it.

06 September, 2012