Positive Reviews of Frangipanni by Lili Bermuda

I went to one of my favorite second-hand stores today, thinking they may have one or two perfumes, and I came away with 10 bottles of amazing scents; this one being the most surprising beauty amongst them!

I cannot say that I was familiar with this house, so it was truly the $7 price tag, and the fact that it was a full bottle that sold me. I mean, why not? It was missing the cap, but that I could forgive.

It was the last of the 10 that I chose to look up; the price tag alone was enough to catch my attention! But the notes were amazing! Keep in mind, I still had not sampled it. I had sprayed my beloved Ostara earlier this morning, and I was not about to allow the dry-down to be covered up by any scent - regardless of how expensive it might be!

I waited until I was sure the last evidence of Ostara had faded, and took this new frag for a spin...oh, baby! I am so glad I chose this scent! This is like being on the beach at night, with a warm breeze caressing the flowers and the salt air. I cannot fathom my wardrobe without this lovely bottle! This is sensual and calming. The waves are gently rolling in, and buoy bells are chiming in the distance. This is peaceful.

This is a dialed-down Carnal Flower - the younger, more demure sister, if you will. I do get some sandalwood, but like the other reviewer said, it is not heavy. Very elegant. I am reviewing the newer bottle. EDP, I believe.
14th August, 2015
This is without a doubt Lili Bermuda's finest fragrance. Heavy with the tuberose-like scent of Frangipanni, yet oddly as light as an ocean breeze - imagine a tuberose suntan lotion. The neroli is understated, as is the jasmine, but they support beautifully. The Patchouli and Sandalwood give it solidarity, but never intrude.

This dries down to a light amber rose reed that is still faintly redolent of the frangipani.
Elegant and sophisticated.

I reviewed a dram of the perfume strength vintage from the 1950s-1960s. Still powerful after a half century.

Ten stars for this one.