Reviews of Gucci Première by Gucci

Find out more about Gucci Première by Gucci in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

charlie.gund's avatar

The official list of notes tallies well with my experience. The opening citrusy accord is quite lovely and sheer; the white flowers emerge beautifully through its freshness. Later on, however, all that remains for me is a sort of inert musk—I can't quite find the wood—under which a limp remainder of orange blossom is, sadly, quite crushed. It is by no means unpleasant, but it doesn't live up to the promise of those first few seconds.

14 May, 2013

promqueen's avatar

Tried this in the store today. Smells much like Gucci Flora, only lighter with a woodier dry down. This is OK. Bottle is beautiful, at least

25 September, 2012

AromaX's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I'd say - try it on your skin before you buy and don't let the advertising to tempt you. To my nose it doesn't smell anything what is claimed. No champagne, no white flowers, no leather. At least not as I know them through my own experience. I smell a very big purple raspberry "fruit" cooked into a jam with a lot of sweet white musk (somehow the image similar to what I get from The Body Shop Raspberry line). It's very dense and sticky and suffocating to me. But definitely give it a try it if you like the modern fruity-musky tendency (I smell it a lot in Celebrity scents). In that genre it's pretty good - rounded, has a good volume and free from unpleasant aberrations. But only if you like the fruity jams.

18 August, 2012

Purple Paloma's avatar

Very disappointed... After waiting and waiting for it to arrive in local department stores and having read that it should smell of 2 of my favourite things i.e, champagne and leather! it smelt like a cheap impulse body spray and lasted not quite as long. I foolishly bought it anyway hoping that it would be beautiful on my skin when I got home, but alas! it had disappeared. I will be returning it to the shop after the weekend. I continue to search for my signature scent...

21st July, 2012