Positive Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée by Acqua di Parma

Find out more about Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée by Acqua di Parma in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

OdilonRedon's avatar

Citrus-cedar thunderclap for the first couple of minutes. Then the oud sweeps in: an extremely dry, woody and - my nose isn't incredible - synthetic oud that is surprisingly satisfying. Sharp but heavy, linear, cedar-y woods prevail at bruisinly high intensity for a good few hours. Five or six hours later, the amyris appears and things begin to soften and slip back into a citrus-incense drydown.

I found myself comparing this to Oud Wood, which is more medicinal - old-fashioned cough linctus as opposed to the more commonly encountered band-aids - and has less of the cedar note (and no citrus). Surprisingly I find I like the AdP better, though compared to the clever TF, this is a brute. It's like being pummelled by a huge Turkish masseur: not completely enjoyable but extremely efficient and you come out of the experience feeling, on balance, the better for it, hence a tentative, and bruised, thumbs-up.

12 April, 2014

ScentFan's avatar

I bought this today for my other half, but will grieve when I part with it. To my still new nose, this is a simply magnificent fragrance! I bought six other great perfumes today, but none equaled this. If there are fragrances significantly better, I don't know how I'll respond when I smell them. Faint dead away in public, I imagine.

04 December, 2013

marcuslaughter's avatar

Aside from the face that I like a fragrance, the greatest indication that something is good or not lies in the number of times that someone makes a positive comment. In this case, that has happened many times. It's a take on the oud with an Italian twist, and I like the end result. It is a pleasure to wear, and is very long lasting.

In addition to this, I own Tom Frod's Oud Wood, which I really like as well as Jo Malone's Oud and Bergamot. All three are great, and actually mix well together.

One final observation is that the packaging of this fine fragrance is truly first class! You will feel like you're opening something truly special, which is good, because this is a great fragrance!

18 April, 2013

distortech's avatar

Absolutely bloody fabulous. Love it. 5 stars, period.

21st March, 2013

Darvant's avatar

I've stumbled over this fragrance due to a friend of mine that asked at me an evaluation about his new Acqua di Parma Oud prominent concoction. More leather than oud in my opinion. At the beginning i felt wrongly the sensation to smell the new V by Clive Christian. I noticed the oud in the air, but not a stark or medicinal dry woodiness while a sort of smooth fruity suede/oud combo which, despite its durable (but moderate) aromatic freshness, is finally softened and warmed by the implementation of musk and balsams. The musk i detect is soothing, enveloping and dense for sure. The leather is in the air till the end with its orangy (ostensibly berries-like) vibe, hints of patchouli and its smooth woody feel. Great projection.
    Ps: Tried it again on my skin recently. I have to say that the note of musk/lavender is really notable, it is by soon something fruity and aromatic a la Le Male with a prominent watery freshness from the lavender, the balsamic touch from a strong coriander (this balsamic and a bit "post-industrial" amber/musk touch reminds me slightly Esoteric by Alyssa Asheley and slightly Alien in some of its nuances), may be an hint of sambac jasmine, a touch of camphor and a soapy sheer lingering vibe which is performing till almost the end of the run when and oud/leather tandem starts to express its great influence (something gassy, a bit boots polish type, woody and leathery with a subtle fruity- simil plummy undertone).

02 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 13 November, 2013)

DULLAH's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Very good, clean, western, and woody take on Oud. Not reliant on Citrus at all, like one would expect from ADP. Not animalic. Not dirty. Just a super clean floral-fresh top, and a super clean, dry, cambodian-Oud woody base. Excellent.

20th February, 2013

John E Buoy's avatar

I really like this one.
    IMO it is a cross between Montale Black Aoud and Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Oud.
    If you the like the Montale, but find Black Aoud too strong, this one will suit you.
    If you like MFK's Oud, but don't like the price tag, here is a cheaper, but equally as good (maybe a bit better) option.

01st January, 2013

Buzzlepuff's avatar

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud.
    Initially the smell of ADP's Oud is all Colonia Intensa followed by a warm but well balanced oud woods base note. I would call this oud the FRESH WOODS OUD. The opening is a bit synthetic but highly charged, very fresh, citrus + light spice woods which lead immediately into a warm oud musk base. It is a light fresh kind of a leather fragrance but theres not enough leather here to really call it a leather scent. For that matter there is not enough oud to call it an oud scent either. This combination of fresh woods and oud leather makes for a very easy to live with oud that is fresh and invigorating while retaining the old world traditional leather oud base. This would be a good starter oud scent because it is very easy to like and wears well. There is very little to object to with ADP's Colonia Intensa Oud. rating 3.5 / 5.

05 December, 2012