Positive Reviews of Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma's Colonia Oud does for Oud what Colonia Leather does for leather--softens the main ingredient by adding some citrus, making it more year-round-appropriate. Whereas the opening was a bit harsh, this dried down into something very similar to Colonia Leather. I don't get much of a sense of the other notes--it comes off as mainly a blend of citrus, a little neroli perhaps, and the main oud aspect.

Projection and longevity are slightly weaker for the "cologne concentree"--performance was somewhat better on Colonia Leather---so the value is lost somewhat.

This rounds out the concentree trio for me, and it's a very strong group overall. It might be worth trying Colonia Oud on one arm and Colonia Leather on the other, since they end up drying down similarly. Definitely a good exploration by Acqua di Parma---Oud, Leather, and Ambra are each worth trying.

7 out of 10
14th December, 2015
One of the best Oud scents I've come across. Very complex. Starts fresh, and dries down to a dark sophisticated, gentleman's Oud scent. No doubt this is a high quality scent. Very refined and unique. The longevity is amazing, and the sillage is perfectly moderate. Acqua di Parma has impressed me with their Ingredient Collection. Oud, Leather and Ambra. All of them are excellent!
21st October, 2015
One of the best Oud scents that I have tried. Hands down beats either of the offerings from Tom Ford and at a much better price.

Opening is mostly citrus with a touch of something sweet, but within 30 minutes the Oud, spice and cedar wood kicks in and makes this fragrance ultra fantastic. It's sweeter than one might expect and not dark or as warm as some of the other Oud fragrances I have sampled. It's really elegant though, and although some reviews describe this as a synthetic oud, I can't complain at all about it. It's just a great scent.

Dry down is a slowly developing musk, but the scent retains most of the middle heart notes and stays almost the same throughout. Really good longevity, and I smelled this on my wrist and clothes 12+ hours later.

I'm no Oud expert, but this is one good scent. Big Thumbs Up.
17th September, 2015 (last edited: 18th September, 2015)

Strongest oud beats tom ford oud any day of the week.
18th August, 2015
sly303 Show all reviews
My debut review on Basenotes so bear with me!

Firstly, after much debate in the forum; Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée is now called Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud Concentrée (without the ‘Intensa’) but with exactly the same content, no marketing stunt, just re-naming a few products to cater for new products coming in. Note, there is actually another Acqua di Parma - Intensa but not in the dark bottle family – confusing right.

AdP is a longevity BEAST! 100/100 in this area. This is actually an eau de cologne but do not let this deter you, as interestingly its longevity goes beyond most if not all EDTs and EDPs and mirrors typical properties of the higher end products - top notes die, middle notes slowly becoming more prominent etc. Because of its high concentrated oil content, AdP has the ability to cast you on fragrance journey lasting through the day, deep into the night, and can still be enjoyed on that morning walk of shame ;-)

AdP encompasses an array of citrus, leather, aromatic, woody and musky scents.

The first hour I find pleasant but possibly a little too overpowering (even with two small squirts), not ideal for the sardine tube journey to work when half of London may not wish to inhale your early morning AdP - This is definitely one for the brave. Contrary to some of the reviews beneath I actually find hours 2-3 the least pleasant, dare I say smelling old-man-ish, the citrus wears off gradually and can become borderline headache material! However, stick with it, as then, in indeed it blossoms… settles down and exposes its depth and complexity. Present is of course the base Oud, some coriander, leather, wood, spices to name a few.

AdP Oud definitely smells expensive which is admittedly reflected in the price, BUT, bang for buck it’s a winner due to its exceptional powers of longevity. 100ml would last a while trust! Also, looks good in the cabinet :-)

Advise against a blind buy due to the ‘horses for courses’ factor and its expense. Also, I've noticed like other quality fragrances, this does smell different depending on whose wearing it and the season/temperature.

Interested to hear what others think? I’m by no means an expert more like a nubie! :-D
03rd April, 2015 (last edited: 04th April, 2015)
This doesn't seem to have any oud at all upon initially spraying on skin. Starts out very fresh with a coriander and light citrus burst. The synthetic smelling oud doesn't kick in until about 30 minutes. With all that said, I think it smells great! If you are a compliment seeker, they will come wearing this.
8.5/10
01st April, 2015
Citrus-cedar thunderclap for the first couple of minutes. Then the oud sweeps in: an extremely dry, woody and - my nose isn't incredible - synthetic oud that is surprisingly satisfying. Sharp but heavy, linear, cedar-y woods prevail at bruisinly high intensity for a good few hours. Five or six hours later, the amyris appears and things begin to soften and slip back into a citrus-incense drydown.

I found myself comparing this to Oud Wood, which is more medicinal - old-fashioned cough linctus as opposed to the more commonly encountered band-aids - and has less of the cedar note (and no citrus). Surprisingly I find I like the AdP better, though compared to the clever TF, this is a brute. It's like being pummelled by a huge Turkish masseur: not completely enjoyable but extremely efficient and you come out of the experience feeling, on balance, the better for it, hence a tentative, and bruised, thumbs-up.
12th April, 2014
I bought this today for my other half, but will grieve when I part with it. To my still new nose, this is a simply magnificent fragrance! I bought six other great perfumes today, but none equaled this. If there are fragrances significantly better, I don't know how I'll respond when I smell them. Faint dead away in public, I imagine.
04th December, 2013
Aside from the face that I like a fragrance, the greatest indication that something is good or not lies in the number of times that someone makes a positive comment. In this case, that has happened many times. It's a take on the oud with an Italian twist, and I like the end result. It is a pleasure to wear, and is very long lasting.

In addition to this, I own Tom Frod's Oud Wood, which I really like as well as Jo Malone's Oud and Bergamot. All three are great, and actually mix well together.

One final observation is that the packaging of this fine fragrance is truly first class! You will feel like you're opening something truly special, which is good, because this is a great fragrance!
18th April, 2013
Absolutely bloody fabulous. Love it. 5 stars, period.
21st March, 2013
Very good, clean, western, and woody take on Oud. Not reliant on Citrus at all, like one would expect from ADP. Not animalic. Not dirty. Just a super clean floral-fresh top, and a super clean, dry, cambodian-Oud woody base. Excellent.
20th February, 2013
I really like this one.
IMO it is a cross between Montale Black Aoud and Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Oud.
If you the like the Montale, but find Black Aoud too strong, this one will suit you.
If you like MFK's Oud, but don't like the price tag, here is a cheaper, but equally as good (maybe a bit better) option.
01st January, 2013
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud.
Initially the smell of ADP's Oud is all Colonia Intensa followed by a warm but well balanced oud woods base note. I would call this oud the FRESH WOODS OUD. The opening is a bit synthetic but highly charged, very fresh, citrus + light spice woods which lead immediately into a warm oud musk base. It is a light fresh kind of a leather fragrance but theres not enough leather here to really call it a leather scent. For that matter there is not enough oud to call it an oud scent either. This combination of fresh woods and oud leather makes for a very easy to live with oud that is fresh and invigorating while retaining the old world traditional leather oud base. This would be a good starter oud scent because it is very easy to like and wears well. There is very little to object to with ADP's Colonia Intensa Oud. rating 3.5 / 5.
05th December, 2012