Neutral Reviews of Luna Rossa by Prada

Find out more about Luna Rossa by Prada in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar

Balsamic-minty opening with a hint of ozonic notes, aldehydes, aromatic woody notes (cedar, cashmeran), all drowned in a gallon of the new "contemporary elegance" X-factor – the Iso E Super. I also detect some violet/honeysuckle notes, with bergamot too. It then evolves on the woody path, notably with cedar and sandalwood notes, with an incense-ambery base, artificial but pleasant – always keeping it clean, breezy and minty. Despite being utterly cheap and unworthy whatever price tag "per se", it's still better than other mainstream scents. I would define this a clean, crisp, trendy office/club crowpleasing safe scent, classy and cozy but unobtrusive, for men who want to smell nice but don't want to make it become a statement. Plus it basically smells like the reformulated version of Geranium pour Monsieur by Malle, here's the "niche" factor too – and by the way Malle is worse, since it's more expensive and extremely more pretentious. Among the Christmas presents a bimbo girlfriend with a magazines-driven fragrance knowledge may stumble upon, this isn't among the worst ones.

5,5-6/10

08th June, 2014

Johannes's avatar

Norway Norway

Breezy, elegant, sweetish. Very carefully balanced. I get an impression of very understated candy and herbs, herbs almoust touching on tobacco. Very subdued, I understand why some find it bland. But if you want some pleasant sweetness that is not greasy or cloying, it may be for you. Is it worth the price, though?

03rd November, 2013

Oldspice's avatar

Nothing special

To me this smells a lot like a leaner armani code with the sweetness and powdery qualities toned way down and then diluted down 1:1 with Prada Infusion D'homme. It's not bad, just nothing special. Longevity is good, projection is on the lighter side. A safe office wear fragrance.

24th June, 2013

odysseusm's avatar

I liked the first half of the scent, and am underwhelmed by the second half. Hence the neutral rating.
    The first half is an interesting exercise in dry, herbal mint minimalism. Hints of lavender and mint give an airy fresh quality. This creates a mood of a freshly-ironed white shirt, and would work well in an office environment.
    The second phase is where the ambrette and ambroxan take over. Ambrette usually has a floral, musk-like quality and that's true here. I also often find an odd, toasted sesame-seed note in ambrette and that is also here. In moderate doses the sweetness is not wretched or cloying.
    But I think the scent would have been much more interesting and distinctive with phase one alone. I think Prada always has a house style of sweet and rich, and I see that here.

18th March, 2013

jcw122's avatar

After trying an insert in Men's Health, I LOVED this scent, but after buying a bottle and trying it once, I realized it wasn't nearly as interested as I initially thought.

I don't remember any notes, but I can say that I don't think this is anything special.

13th March, 2013

Octopus's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Smells like the handsoap I use. Not something I would want to smell like.

03rd December, 2012

Bartlebooth's avatar

A very slight fragrance that tiptoes with cotton sheathed feet down through to the base. It has surpising stamina, but the whispered notes hint at little but cliches and forgettable combinations.

06th October, 2012

chopwet's avatar

South Africa South Africa

If you like Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male and Lolita Lempicka au Masculin then you'll like this as it reminds one strongly of both. It contains the anise note of LLaM and it has a drydown that is like JPG lM. It's nothing new or particularly interesting but it is a good smell never-the-less. I like the bottle.

02nd October, 2012