Positive Reviews of Luna Rossa by Prada

PRADA fragrances are one of main pillars in my collection.LUNA ROSSA is a refreshingly aromatic blend of citruses and lavender, mixed with fresh mint and amber that provide a fresh masculinity and refined elegance. Modern,Youngish,Crisp,Summery, Interesting,Clean and Lovely with a elegant bottle.

Strong orange opening.The dominant essence mint,is very complimentary to the top notes,rendering them ever so slightly soapy.This is such a pleasant, soft and cute that remembers A summer afternoon at the beach when your lover smile to you and you play with her hair.The mint never disappears but folds into the creation,keeping it fresh and light.

LUNA ROSSA is a fresh daytime scent for the active man who loves to feel his blood rush.perfect for warmer weather and casual wear.You can not wear this fragrance without Feeling very YOUTHFULL.Makes YOU feel good after work.Freshness is a definite Characteristic in it.Highly Recommend for everyone do not Like strong smell.

Sillage?Quite acceptable for a citrus Aromatic.

Longevity?Surprisingly Good on my skin.

11th May, 2015
It's been a year since I sampled it, but I remember thinking "This smells like clementines!" when I had it on my arm.

I'll give it another shot next time I have the opportunity, but I remember being impressed.
05th March, 2015
This is one that I found based on the notes. I was looking for something that smelled fresh with a minty base. Luna Rossa was it. I don't understand the comments about it being generic, maybe I have yet to smell any of the cheap axe scents that are similar.
Anyways, when I wear luna rossa, it makes me feel different and out of the ordinary in a good way. I get the blast of mint and lavender off the bat and then warms down to a lavender amber. I don't get much of the citrus but the slight powdery/soapy prada we know of. I could wear this one on the spring, cool summer, fall days.
29th October, 2014

This is one of the more interesting pseudo-aquatic-style scents I’ve encountered. In the opening it provides an ozonic base with a citrus/ lavender/ mint bent. I find the lavender to be a bit synthetic but quite pleasant, and it’s combinations with the bitter orange and the mint / clary sage form interesting abstractions which come across as suggestively full-bodied, aromatic, and ozonic. I love the combinations of notes used in Luna Rossa: The lavender manages to hang on for a long time; the bergamot note disappears relatively quickly, to be replaced by the sage / mint… this is quieter and less aromatic with almost all the ozonics expended. It is a textured accord that is fresh, relaxing, cool, but short lived (1 – 2 hours). The amber (ambroxan?) base is quite reticent. Off my skin it has limited projection and longevity, which presents the main problem I find with Luna Rosa: It doesn’t last very long. I find the base a disappointment… It is not as original as the opening; also, it doesn’t project very well from my dry skin. It is soapy in nature, and I quite enjoy its soapiness.

Luna Rosa is an interesting, pleasant, original fragrance. If it could have retained the opening / middle accords longer, I would buy it, but the most interesting aspects of it are short-lived as is its longevity on my skin.
11th March, 2014
prada luna rossa is a good fragrance scent that lasts for awhile when wearing. good choice.
06th January, 2014
Fresh and Clean

Citrusy bitter orange plays nicely with the lavender opening. Citrus dries down in about 30 mins to form a soft and relaxing lavendar bubble. Mint is almost imperceptible but its there keeping the whole structure fresh and clean. As one woman said to me, Its the kind of fragrance that makes me want to smell your shirt when you leave.

Pros: Lavender opening
Cons: Longevity (4-6 hours)"

30th July, 2013
A decent release, more or less

Soapy and sterile in the vein of previous Prada fragrances, yet sweetened and smoothened a bit with floral notes and a bit of vanilla. As confusing as this sounds, it has parts of it that are really unique, but in it's overall framework it does feel a bit on the generic side. At least on the surface, it's typical. But deep down, if you look into it, it's more than it appears on the surface.

As for what I would compare this to. Definitely Body Kouros, except without the eucalyptus and incense. Though it is less gourmandish than Body Kouros, safer and overall wellrounded, which is good if that's what you are looking for. The ingredient quality is well on par with the standards for a designer fragrance. It is a dualism between medicinal and sporty, which is perfectly wearable for a man and while it never crosses the gender boundaries, it feel a little bit on the feminine side of masculine.

In the end, what is Luna Rossa? It's a good release from Prada and surely worth checking out. It's not revolutionary or innovative in a meaningful way, though it takes a common formula for designer fragrances and ever so slightly changes it up a bit. It's not groundbreaking, but it doesn't disappoint.

28th July, 2013
If you like Hermes Vetiver Tonka....

This is surprisingly beautiful for a Prada mass market, and to me is very reminiscent of Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Both have a fresh, almost soapy, dry vetiver, the main difference is the slightly minty opening in the Prada -- and the price! The Prada is also more complex and not as linear as the Hermes. This is a welcome relief from the calone/abroxan fresh aquatics that are everywhere. It smells of understated sophistication, a crisp linen shirt on suntanned skin. Recommended. And the bottle isn't bad either, handsome, unique.

Pros: fresh, clean, summery, well done

06th June, 2013
I tried this scent on two different occasions and have found that I really like it. I think it will be nice for summer.
12th May, 2013
It's funny. I dismissed this one as generic, fresh and boring. I gave it a full wearing from the sample I received at Macy's and thought it was kinda nice. Kinda. I didn't pay attention to it again until the next day when I was gathering my clothes from the night before to put in the hamper. I got my shirt, sniffed it and decided to give Luna Rossa another shot. Several wears later I decided that, although it might be fresh, it is definitely not generic or boring, at least not after the first impression.
02nd May, 2013
For those who really liked the original Infusion d'Homme, you might not like this, despite it paying strong tribute to it. But for those of us who did not like IdH, this is a much more desirable offering from Prada.

It opens much like IdH then it becomes less sharp and less linear, though the soapy Pradaness is still there. Theere is a sweetness to it but I do not think it is too much. In fact it balances the soapy notes very well.

Finally, a Prada I can wear other than Infusion de Vetiver.
29th April, 2013
I can't lie... I fell in love with this scent, the second I tried it. It strength takes you to the open waters of the ocean, to ride along the Luna Rosa Team.

It's not the strength you might know from 'Hermes' or 'Balmain', but it's definitely there. You'll be surprised by the simplicity of mint and the complexity of Ambrette.
31st March, 2013
It's a good scent. Sort of reminds of JPG LM on the dry down. It's a nice subtle mellow scent. It's got pretty good longevity too. Just got a sample of this today at Macy's.
06th January, 2013

Absolutely fantastic scent. Fits in well with the Prada line. Longevity is good on me, went for five sprays in the morning and was stilling catches waves of the scent late at night.
01st December, 2012
I was on a verge of rating this one neutral, but I won't. It's good. It's not great, but it's good, I have to admit this. No this not something original at all. In the initial blast it reminds me a lot of Fahrenheit Aqua, later on it gives off this vibe of reminiscence of some scent I smelled and liked before but I just can't deduce which one. Sweet, decent and a bit characterly cold. I wouldn't rush to own this one, I must say, however there is something about it that makes me smell my wrist from time to time and each time I do so, I'm on a verge of reconsidering and actually adding it to my collection. Insatiable as I am, despite that fact, it is not going to happen any time soon that I'll add it to my collection. I'm somehow missing this certain something in it that I think it should have, or at least inspire or trigger in me. As if it's so close to trigger certain emotions but lacks something to actually do it - it tickles emotions but doesn't completely stimulate them. What I do know is that one day I might consider it more seriously. All in all it has my respect and I give it a good thumb up!
01st October, 2012