Reviews

Negative Reviews of Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

Well that's the last time I buy before smelling. Crazy how much one can trust a brand name.

This is an inoffensive citrus office-scent that reminds me of a shy Eau Sauvage, or something else needlessly citrusy... like kitchen cleaner. The 'Noir' here is pure Irony; this is a light spritz of lemon water that won't ever offend anyone or turn a head with it's Blink-and-you-miss-it longevity.

L'eau D'issey for the flush poser.
08th May, 2015
I've read the Habit Rouge comparisons and they're on point, but on my skin, this is almost a dead ringer for Burberry Brit for Men. Ugh. Far too sweet for me. Luckily, I just had a Sephora sample and didn't purchase a bottle. I'm wondering how this olfactory monstrosity was developed by the designer of the sensational Gucci Pour Homme.
27th April, 2015
I've been smelling my arm on and off for 2 hours where I sprayed Noir. As others have said, it kicks off very powdery. At one point I thought it seemed like a weaker version of Black Orchid. Definitely similar notes. After a couple of hours, it dries down to something that reminds of growing up. Is the smell of my sisters' Cabbage Patch Kids? Is it the smell of calamine lotion when I got a bug bite? I can't quite place it, but if you know what I'm talking about, you will never be able to wear this.

I don't hate it, but I don't exactly like it and will never have a reason to wear this.
15th March, 2015

Quartz Show all reviews
Smells exactly like the Coty Emeraude I used to buy my grandmother for a Christmas/birthday present when I was a kid 35-40 years ago. I don't really want to smell like an old lady.
25th January, 2015
It starts off chemical then it goes into Habit Rouge territory with the vanilla but more synthetic and more sweet. Since I have Habit Rouge EdP which better it's a no go for me.
07th December, 2014
I tried and tried to get to like Tom Ford's fragrances, without success. Whatever mega-expensive fragrances he's come up with ends up reminding me of something else which has already established its status in the market for long. Tom Ford's "Noir", to my nose, smells simply like a more powdery and somewhat more Oriental (more civet and ambergris?) version of Guerlain's "Habit Rouge" with a hint of "Shalimar". I was hoping it may change on the skin, but all I got after it settled was a lingering scent of Johnson & Johnson's baby powder.... Nothing masculine or sexy about it.
27th November, 2014
disappointing, low sillage and low duration.. Armani Eau de la Nuit revisited!
13th August, 2014
Dreadful, headache-inducing dreck. You'd think they'd be able to nail the mainstream fragrance considering their altogether more-positive-than-not and occasionally astonishing private label output. In fact, not only does it fail as a mainstream fragrance, it makes me want to reevaluate the Tom Ford line's other work. Surely a fragrance in this position was created to do the opposite.
22nd April, 2014
A disappointment

Someone else mentioned that it smells like "baby wipes" I have to laugh b/c it does smell like spicy/slightly sweet/cheap musk and...baby wipes. There are fragrances that may smell good on their own...BUT if it reminds you of something mundane like baby wipes, there is no use trying to like it!

02nd June, 2013
Very dissappointing.... I took it in SkySales while travelling and was unable to test. Spend a lot and gain no real value.
12th March, 2013
jcw122 Show all reviews
This literally smells like baby wipes...and if you don't know what that smells like, it's basically a mix of baby powder and ointment.
07th March, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
Noir goes on with a sweet slightly herb-laced citrus and violet floral open before transitioning to its heart accord. During the heart phase of the scent the early citrus from the top notes all but disappears while the violet remains in the starring role, now turning very powdery as iris joins it as co-star while adding a soft synthetic smelling rose note to support the powdery starring floral duo. As the linear progression moves to the dry-down, the powdery violet and iris tandem remains as the rose recedes, now with relatively sweet vanilla and amber smoothing things out a bit from the base. Projection and longevity are both good to very good.

Noir is really a pretty straightforward linear scent despite its official laundry list of ingredients. I remember trying it on paper first at the store and being mildly impressed with what I sniffed. Unfortunately I only got the top notes from my quick paper test that while unoriginal, are indeed pleasant smelling. When I later sprayed a sample on skin for a more complete analysis those top notes disappeared relatively quickly and then disappointment set in as the scent profile turned into a giant bottle of baby powder/baby oil. That pretty much sums things up, as once you get to the powdery heart Noir does not change much from there, only turning a bit sweet later-on. Quite frankly, if this sounds like something you want to smell like I recommend just buying some inexpensive Johnson's Baby Oil or Powder to rub all over your body and save yourself over $100 and a bunch of buyer's remorse from this 2 to 2.5 star out of 5 generic disappointment from Tom Ford.
06th January, 2013
Too feminine for me. This is Noir De Noir on crack. Tom Ford should have just left the private blend creation alone. Returned this one. No originality at all.
06th November, 2012

Drakkar Noir for those with more money than sense.

1 All taste is personal.
2. Smell is probably the most subjective of all five senses.
3. Try before you buy. (On paper first, then skin.)
10th October, 2012
Kaern Show all reviews
Is Tom on the slippery slope or is this just a shameful thrust at the Christmas market? -- could be both of course. Very uninteresting, totally generic fodder imo.
08th October, 2012