Neutral Reviews of Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne

Find out more about Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

malgaetha's avatar

Opens with a fleeting moment of sparkle (presumably the citrus), which almost immediately turns into candied fruit on me. Sometimes the candied fruit gives me wisps of green, a flash of soft mintiness, a tease that there may be something earthy and grounded underneath. However, I've been wearing slightly-complicated candied fruit (if you like candied fruit, possibly an attractive candied fruit) for almost an hour and it hasn't gone away, so I'll be washing this off.

28 July, 2014

lex's avatar

fruity fresh, and yea like someone said maybe a fruit salad. in the introduction im feeling its a scent for the ladies. later in the dry down I feel vetiver fatal attempting to man up with vetiver and touch of vanilla

26 February, 2014

Possum-Pie's avatar

Fruit salad with marshmallows

This smells like a nice fruit salad, with marshmallows sitting in a bowl on a blanket in a mowed yard. It smells nice, but a little too fruity for me.

20th July, 2013

iodine's avatar

fruity, nutty vetiver

Here we are again. Another Atelier Cologne fragrance that starts very pleasant, brilliant, quite surprising: fruity- pineapple, grapefruit, almost caramelized nutty notes that envelop a clean and fresh vetiver. After an hour or so, however, the fragrance turns rather banal, at least to my nose. It seems to slump on a woody, slightly bitter base that I guess is widely and commonly used in many mainstream fragrances (i.e. it's the smell that remains in the elevator of my apartment house after my sixth floor neighbour has used it!). Given the price of this line, I'd expect something more... original.

15 June, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th December, 2013)

Michael.j's avatar

You have to wait at least an hour, maybe two, before the fruit salad begins to subside and you begin to smell the vetiver. The transition from fruit to vetiver is gradual and gentle, masterfully orchestrated. But at some point several hours later the fruit is gone and the vetiver is left on its own, still trying to hum the harmony all alone. And it's not a good solo. It's raspy and sharp. I wish it had been a softer. If you like your vetiver on the slightly raspy side, you might like the ultimate dry-down on this one. I liked the point about an hour and a half in when the fruit, vetiver and oud were all in perfect balance. It was spectacular.

26 April, 2013