Neutral Reviews of Dangerous Complicity by Etat Libre d'Orange

This one is like a Thai version of a Jimmy Buffett song. Unfortunately the composition favors the jasmine and synthetic woods to the extent that that the top notes, which one would expect to be bright and festive, are utterly subdued. Idea > execution.
31st January, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A fruity and somewhat lifeless coconut opening with a ginger lining is followed by a jasmine-dominant floral drydown. The base notes are wood-based, with a hint of synthetic sandalwood that sports a leathery amber sidekick.

The perfomance is disappointing with soft sillage, just adequate projection and three hours of longevity on my skin.

This is not a bad scent for autumn, but it is quite generic and dangerously unexciting, and after the drydown starts to develop it is on the dull and boring side. Middle-of-the-range. 2.5/5.

14th January, 2016
Kaern Show all reviews
I was expecting something a bit more edgy if the title was anything to go by. It's a mild fruity/boozy rather wispy sort of fragrance that is erring on the feminine side. I don't dislike it at all but was expecting more. 'Idole' lite would be a good description.

No more 50ml bottles from Eldo anymore if what I heard is correct.
10th January, 2013

Sandalwood and jasmine are the main players in this. Very very mild essence of rum, coconut and leather....very mild. It's soft and gentle. Luckily for me the jasmine is softened by the creamy sandalwood. I am not a fan of a strong jasmine note in fragrances. Very nice soft comforting fragrance. I give this a neutral just cause it hasn't thoroughly knocked my socks. Not a bad fragrance whatsoever but just falls in the average category for me.
29th November, 2012