Positive Reviews of Volutes Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

A sweeter type of M7 on my skin. Very good quality, but stays way too close to my skin for my tastes. Stays fairly linear, which is fine because this has a pleasant vibe.

Ultimately, I would like others in my vicinity to enjoy this as much as I do; but alas, they cannot. That should make it a neutral, but the scent is of such good quality that I can't bring myself to do that. At least I am able to enjoy it throughout the day, as wafts continue to greet me for 8 hours+. Just wish it projected some.

7.5/10
21st March, 2020
Has an odd minty opening for me that settles into a honeyed smoke almost incense like. Powdery tobacco at the base. The odd mix of tobacco, honey, and powder surprised me that it melded so well together.
19th December, 2018
Volutes by Diptyque is one of those fragrances with some well done common notes that initially reminds you of another fragrance in your olfactory memory, but then the more you wear it the more you begin to realize Volutes is actually fairly unique. The opening is a strong honey and spices with a rich tobacco playing underneath. As the tobacco warms forward the fragrance takes on a Serge Lutens like character, with styrax providing supporting body. The tobacco is a rich Turkish bazaar type that is quite alluring when paired with the spiced honey. In time, a soft iris emerges, which takes off the styrax edge and steers the scent into a floral, honey and tobacco dry down. The later stage feels slightly powdery and typical of iris. While not a sillage bully, the styrax portion leans a little artificial in tone. Longevity was 8+ hours, but at an acceptable low volume. I like the honey and tobacco notes in this and was addictively sniffing my wrist through the day. A certain Thumbs Up.
01st December, 2017

rbaker Show all reviews
Review of the Eau de Parfum:

Here the honey is stronger and the tobacco still plays the second fiddle, together with the iris.

The performance is excellent with thirteen hours of longevity. My preferred Volutes. 3.5/5.
10th September, 2017
Smoky honeyed tobacco...

Very interesting and seductive scent. I really like this one and find it intriguing. A very seductive scent which has a combination of all my favourite notes. Iris, honey, tobacco. All work together wonderfully in this (Note: I'm reviewing the Eau de Parfum version).

This reminds me a little of Chergui by Serge Lutens. I think it has a very similar vibe and I find it intriguing. The iris note is great and I always appreciate iris in a perfume. It does smell like tobacco smoke, or at least a sweet incense. I find this would suit winter and autumn the best in my opinion, especially in the Eau de Parfum. I think if you like amber, incense or tobacco themes in fragrances, this is one to check out. Unisex and very noir, this is a great mysterious fragrance which would smell great on a well-dressed elegant person with style. Intriguing, seductive, and quite special.
06th November, 2016