Reviews of Fields of Rubus by Kerosene

Find out more about Fields of Rubus by Kerosene in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Allen-at-home's avatar
    Allen-at-home

I ordered a sample of Fields of Rubus, and I like it. It doesn’t whisper, it’s quite loud, but in a good way. I'm not TOO much of a patchouli fan, but I’m fascinated with that opening: raspberry, plum, apple, and a touch of vanilla. It reminds me of a breakfast buffet at a hotel restaurant, while on vacation, full of French toast, scrambled eggs, and plenty of jam. Fields of Rubus takes me there. It opens as a gourmand, but eventually evolves into mostly patchouli. The drydown is slightly tart/sour, so I don’t think it’s too sweet. But it helps if you like patchouli. NOTE: I have never been a big fan of vanilla, until recently, but I think the apple and vanilla blend is quite interesting.

13 March, 2014 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2014)

Meow7's avatar
    Meow7

Gorgeous Fragrance!

Fields of Rubus notes: Raspberry, Plum, Apple, Tobacco Wood, Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar, and Patchouli

Gorgeous. Long Lasting. Great Sillage. The Kerosene blurb says that this opens with jammy sweetness, I'd say more raspberry jammy then sweetness! It is not a sweet scent per-se. On me, the patchouli is front and center all the way thru the drydown. The mix of fruits and woods is done very well. The drydown is just divine, with musk, sandalwood, vanilla and again, patchouli in the mix. Love! Love! Love!

Pros: Earthy, great sillage, perfect blending of ingredients!
    Cons:

17 August, 2013

Birdboy48's avatar
    Birdboy48

Was visiting my sister, just in time for her samples of this whole line to arrive. After sniffing them all, this was the one I liked the most. Rose-like, with an incense overlay. I'm still making my peace with the idea of rose fragrances for men, but this one might change my mind.

Everyone to their own taste when it comes to fragrance of course, but if you are thinking of sampling this line, this is one you might want to include.

25 December, 2012