Positive Reviews of The Game by Davidoff

Find out more about The Game by Davidoff in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

More Fizz than Gin

The slightly boozy gin fizz note fizzles out quickly into generic synthetic woody sweetness. Game over in less than two hours.

23 October, 2013

AntonPan's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

For laundry smell lovers

Davidoff The Game is a weird mix of a laundry detergent (the opening) and modern masculine "1 million" molecules (the base). Actually that's the most chemical detergent smell of a fragrance that I ever smelled. Though it's not so bad, it is wearable, mild, for those, who seek for a lighter version of Paco Rabanne 1 Million and by the way love the smell of clean clothes.

01st July, 2013

oldbrut72's avatar

Scotland Scotland

Used to like it. Now I hate it.

I liked this when I tried it at first. Now though, I can't stand it. It's not as bad as 1 Million but it's not much better.

Pros: Easy to find
    Cons: sickly sweet

01st June, 2013

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

I like it. It's for the masses indeed, but still, I like it. Davidoff finally made something that's got nothing to do with Cool Water. "The Game" is cold in character but also kind of a dark scent so the color of the bottle is complementary with the scent itself. The gin note is strong and berry notes are even stronger, pervasive actually, thus the fragrance itself is quite pervasive on my skin making it project excessively. It didn't rock my world but I really find it appealing and yet I'd really be naive if I found something "deep" and meaningful in it. Despite being unoriginal, I'll rate it thumbs up on account it smells relatively good to me and on me, projects great and lasts and...it's not yet another Cool Water flanker which is nice for a change.

17 April, 2013

vawallpa's avatar

I'm unsure where I've smelled very similar to this fragrance before, maybe joop jump. Not entirely unique but very woodsy and pleasant, a younger mans scent.

08 April, 2013