Positive Reviews of Zombie for Him by Demeter Fragrance Library

rbaker Show all reviews
The aroma of wet soil in the forest after the rain - that is what hits my most from the start. It is very well executed and convincing.

In the drydown the impression of mushroom, mildew and wet hay is added, playing with the wet soil motif and complementing it very nicely.

The base gradually develops a themes of soft and gentle mossy notes, a moss that is quite different form the usual oak moss one might expect here. Towards the end a pleasant woodsy undertone grows in strength and eventually becomes the dominant force in the olfactory symphony.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This is an autumnal beauty: the olfactory image of the forest grounds after the rain. Maybe a bit synthetic, but original and very well conceptualised and crafted. It performs very well too. Great for gardening or nature trips. 3.75/5.
16th November, 2017
This is an easy one to review. This smells exactly as the notes are listed. This smells really good, actually. I mean, you'd think it would be horrible and rotting-flesh-with-maggots-and-oozing-pustulent stuff. It's not.
It does not smell terrible at all. It's more like this:

If you WERE a zombie, you'd be the best-smelling zombie, and your fragrance would show the miles you've shambled, the piles of Autumn leaves you've stumbled on, and, of course, the soil you clawed your way out of to get there.

It's really unique.

I honestly bought this based on notes alone, and not for the zombie thing, though the zombie thing helps. I work in education, and as a naturalist in a forest preserve, and this fragrance seemed to be just what I needed. Smells like the woods.

Nothing about this smells bad to me.
My rating out of 5: Scent 5, Projection 2 1/2, Longevity 2, Originality 5, Overall 4 1/2.
21st March, 2013 (last edited: 18th April, 2013)