Reviews

Negative Reviews of Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince

Enchanted Forest opening is very similar to an old cheapie, Spark for Men by Liz Claiborne. I loved Spark when it first came out, but soon that honey and rum accord got old, and I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. Enchanted Forest isn’t any different, it smells nice enough at first application, but soon, those honey and rum notes are overwhelming. I actually like the smell of chili peppers, but the rum seems to drown all the other notes to the point that it becomes heavy, stuffy, and choking. The opening of green, buttery leaves (yes, buttery) is very nice, but then, in a short while, I smell like an alcoholic. For $200.00 per bottle, I expect more. PLEASE, give me some air!
24th July, 2014 (last edited: 05th February, 2015)
I like the opening, there's vegetation, woods, rotten leaves, and all this is crowned with the darker side of blackcurrants: juicy and tart, but with a hint of cat pee. Very interesting indeed.

Sadly the drydown is disappointing: the realistic blackcurrant turns into industrial creme cookie filling made out of chemical blackcurrant essence, bland and boring.
15th November, 2013
An epic failure.
Its an anti-Bertrand perfume.

Its a mess.
Absolutely no complexity. Muddled.
No smooth rendition between notes & accords.
Reminds me of when I get stuck in sand when I go off roading. Agonizing.
Complexity is not an opinion, nor is harmony of transition between top, middle and base. Not all perfumes are intended to be complex, nor should they be. But it's clear when Enchanted Forest was intended to be complex but failed miserably. Then there's the muddled transition.

Don't get me wrong. I love B. Duchafour. Heck I own 15 of his creations.

But iit's like a mangled walrus freeing itself from quicksand. It's not a graceful sight.
01st April, 2013