Reviews

Negative Reviews of Eros by Versace

WAY TOO STRONG!
This can be used a clubbing scent in the same spirit as 1 Million, Le Male.
I cannot imagine a mature male using this in an office environment or at church as it would be too cloying.

It's not a BAD smell; it's just overwhelming and ever-present (like Axe).
Maybe it will burn itself out in a year.

I can imagine those under 26 or over 65 wearing this to "make the scene" in a club as they unnecessarily yell into your ear "CAN YOU SMELL MY COLOGNE?".
17th April, 2015
10 minutes after spraying this on, it wasn't hard to determine Eros' target market....15 to 20 yr olds, looking for attention. This mess will compete with the worst of scents in any tight room. If that's your need, knock yourself out...

Truly awful stuff.
20th March, 2015
Eros is another uninspiring release from the house of Versace. It opens up with citrus-fruity accord and smells good for the first few minutes. But then the tonka bean, vanilla and other notes set in, leading to a gourmandish mess. It is in the same ballpark as modern clubbing fragrances such as Le Male and 1 Million. In this particular olfactory niche the bar for being a decent composition is rather low, but this one still misses the mark.

The bottle looks good, the cap outright tacky.
10th March, 2015
Welcome to the factory of vanilla powder. Pure trash.
02nd August, 2014
I've tried this one from a sample for the last week, on and off. It's exactly what you'd expect from a mass market brand - utterly bland, designed to be characterless so as to offend as few people as possible and thereby to appeal to the widest market. It's "nice", up to a point, but it's also instantly forgettable. It doesn't create a mood or enhance one's spirit, it doesn't intrigue or elevate. It just sits there being polite.

Give me something with distinction any day.

07th July, 2014
Don't like it. It kind of gives me a headache.
26th May, 2014
The usual tiresome, sweet, fruity, synthetic, charmless, obnoxious, loud dreck.
15th April, 2014
Loki11 Show all reviews
The bottle is a masterpiece, but it goes downhill from there.

I was expecting a quality masculine aquatic but this is sweet, sickly perfume in the style of 1 Million. Avoid if you are over 18.
23rd January, 2014
To be fair, Eros isn't as bad as I expected. I assumed from the blue bottle that it would be just another "bleu" Windex aquatic. Don't get me wrong - it IS a Windex aquatic, but the harsh chemical smell is tempered with mint and lavender and paired up with a sour-milk caramelized marshmallow smell instead of the ubiquitous grape drank or fake citrus that scents like this usually use.

That being said, I haven't really liked Eros. It's REALLY obvious that this was some marketing team's attempt to make something that smells like One Million and, even if it were more unique, I just don't like that sharp Windex chemical smell, and I dislike it even more when awkwardly paired with Angel-esque super-sweet notes. Oh well, more for the youngsters...
13th December, 2013
Too sweet and synthetic

Mint, ambroxan, vanilla, synthetic, sweet and sickly all throughout. Excellent longevity of seven hours is prolonging the agony...

05th September, 2013
Alright, nothing to get too excited over

I went to Macys a week back and I smelled it. It had a good top but when it dried down, I smelled like a bag of christmas candy and that has been sitting there since like 1960. It is not a good fragrance in my opinion and it makes me sad because I do love versace.

Pros: Very Cool Bottle, and Sweet Smell
Cons: Smells very cheap, and a little girly"

09th July, 2013
synthetic ! puts me off. try it before you buy it.
09th May, 2013
The combination of the warm-fresh notes is abstractedly interesting and courageous but it should have been requested an uncompromisingly natural substance of the elements which are indeed finally at all synthetic and cloying. The effect is similar to the one i undergo inhaling Neroli Portofino, namely a soapy, chemical, thirsty and finally dull mess rather than something fresh, natural, daring, defined and sparkling. Anyway, Eros is the Versace's recent attempt to create a modern fougere with an oriental twist (a risky yard). The aroma smells soon lemony and minty but in a general "tendent to warmth" atmosphere elicited by the dense combination of vanilla, tonka and ambroxian unfolding the oriental soul of the aroma. The combination of mint, geranium and finally oakmoss imprints a fougere dimention which is anyway overwhelmed and ruined by an excess of oriental notes than finally congest the smell and turn it out in a less interesting and elegant form. The initial combination between mint oil, citrus and sour green apple (also in the association with smokey tonka) produces a typical sour and vaguely bitter (tobacco) vibe which interacts with the sweetness of the oriental elements. The cedary final touch is noticeable for sure. A must try for the lovers of these new particular mixtures but not for me for sure.
30th April, 2013 (last edited: 21st July, 2014)
Dreadful, utter rubbish. Synthetic gourmand with no character or style.
26th April, 2013
A 1 Millionized fragrance with reminders of Guichard's previous works such as mint from le Male Terrible, but this one is a mess. I'd never wear it but I see that it was designed as a money maker, I think it will sell more then ok especially to teenage males.
25th April, 2013
I agree with CoL, they were trying to do way too much with this one. It smells like some synthetic, cheap, alcoholic swill that you could get for $7.99 at Marshall's.
24th April, 2013
CoL Show all reviews
Completely synthetic horrible chemical mess. DREADFUL!
23rd April, 2013