Reviews of Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

Okay....So this is really nice. Lovely amber, oud & rose combo. You can tell the quality of ingredients used. Extremely well blended.

Here's the problem!!.....Anything with a hint of rose is just a no no for me. I keep trying various renditions of rose but I just can't handle it. Anyway....If you like rose, amber and oud and have loads of spare cash you're going to love this one!!
25th May, 2019 (last edited: 25th November, 2019)
Marketed as an amber oud scent, Roja Dove has created a more rose + oud fragrance on balance, which is totally fine with me!

This EdP exudes class and refinement: Rich rose tops all of the notes, joined by a tamed agarwood and enhanced by waxy marine abergris. The saffron adds a medicinal-herbal touch; ylang swirls the potion with creamy-banana-flowery goodness. Unusual is the sticky sweet-sourish fig note, smooth oak moss, and hefty musk. Whew! :-)

Amber Aoud does have a refined amber quality to it, not in the heavier way I had expected compared to, say, Tom Ford's Amber Absolute (i.e., thick, powdery, and sweet). Nonetheless, this is a showy fragrance that performs well with great sillage and longevity.
27th December, 2018
Very nice and worth testing Amber-Oud combination. Win progressively and embed the wearer in the course of a cloud of subtle complexity.
05th December, 2018

Smells like a million already available Arabic Attars / oils.. candy like sticky sweetness with synthetic oud, very sticky and cloying imho.

definitely targeted to a specific region where similar thick / sweet fragrances are preferred.
19th October, 2017
Short and sweet- one of the very best scents I've ever put my nose on. If money were no object, I'd own a bottle. Heck- I might buy a bottle anyway. So good- my favorite amber and compliment city, if that matters to you.
06th May, 2017
A powerhouse of a fragrance, lasted 24 hours on my skin but it is not overpowering or offensive in any way, I can still smell traces after showering. The ambergris is very prominent to me from beginning to end, I don't really get much oud from it. Overall, it is a quality blend that amber fans will fall in love with one of the best if not THE best ambergris fragrances on the market. It oozes quality and fine natural ingredients like most Roja Dove fragrances, not synthetic at all. Despite the price tag, it is worth every penny. Definitely one for special occasions.
29th April, 2017 (last edited: 08th February, 2018)
Roja's Amber Aoud is smoothe amber. Extremely easy to wear due to the uplifting rose accord and hauntingly mesmerizing from the light persistent oud. As in all Roja Dove scents there are many assistant notes but these are mostly disappearing compliments to each other. There is Ylang, jasmine, cinnamon, sandalwood, a light ethereal oud of anonymous origin. The fragrance is smoothe and amazingly non cloying for an amber scent. I think it's the rose that punctuates the separateness of quality of this exceptional amber fragrance. This is excellence in rose • amber • oud.
30th November, 2016
This is one of the best quality Rose/Aoud combinations that I have ever smelled. It opens with a warm Ambergris and rose, sweetened by the amber and the fig. The Aoud is warm also. This isn't a sterile cold Rose/oud, It is sweet, bright, and warm.
08th August, 2016
Seemingly one of Roja Dove's most consensus celebrated fragrances of late, Amber Aoud is a lovely blend of oud, rose, patchouli, and sandalwood (mainly, to my nose) that again puts Roja in the danger zone of ascribing a name to a fragrance that isn't quite on point, as the amber in this is not one of the most dominant notes to my nose.

Rather, Amber Aoud comes off far more as an offshoot of a rose/oud pairing that we're so accustomed to seeing, but to Roja's credit, this is somewhat of a departure from the usual blend; it's more complex, more intriguing, though I have a difficult time detecting most of the notes in the breakdown apart from the abovementioned few.

It's decidedly unisex, leaning feminine not from the rose but one of the other ingredients, perhaps the saffron or (presumably simulated) civet, though I've heard the latter smells fecal rather than pretty, so I'm left simply guessing, but the smell I get is something along the cosmetics/lipstick smell so often linked to Dior Homme Intense or Chanel Coromandel (or less famously, Tom Ford Arabian Wood).

Performance is very strong, as expected, but for this Roja Dove price, it's difficult to stomach, at $795 for 100ml or $480 for 30ml retail. Still, an interesting try.

7 out of 10
04th April, 2016
If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this came out of the same machine that makes the Clive Christian stuff. It’s your standard ostentatious rose / oud / saffron combo that’s so rich and overstuffed it feels like being force-fed truffles. The only noticeable difference from the slew of other scents in this style is that this one is spun a tad sweeter up top with a slight maltol-esque note, and there’s a slight smokiness tucked away in there as well. Aside from that, there’s nothing that makes this stand out from legions of other Orientalist compositions doing the same thing. Polished and competent, but redundant and blingy; it’s a gaudy aesthetic that would go well with massive gold jewelry and rhinestone-encrusted clothing.
01st July, 2015
It starts off with a lovely high quality sensual oud aroma which is soon joined by a rose note. These opening notes are coupled with some citrus to give the scent a uplifting feel. At this stage it does smell very nice.

Underneath the plush and sensual fresh Oud accord I can detect some jasmine adding to the lovely overall effect but more in a supporting roll.

After a good while it becomes more complex with floral and other notes.

All in all a classy fresh posh and sensual oud fragrance supported by a host of notes making you feel like a billionaire. Good stuff!
18th April, 2015
A masterpiece! By far the best oud fragrance I have ever smelled. Worth every penny.
26th November, 2014
Yes, I do get the deep opulent citrus vibe like no other in the start and felt and sense that that the ylang ylang with Jasmine and honeyed amber over ruled the oud to a degree and the rose is definitely a star in the midst...very linear once opening is done with with afore mentioned notes being the stars and very linear from mids to base and consider this frag a special ocassion type of juice and should be experience at least once if you consider yourself a fume head and will give this juice a five out of five for its development from opening to base and it's deep rich discreet oud dipped or better yet sautéed in a honey bee coat of Amber in a rose garden next to a nectar tree....very unisex and anyone could make it theirs.....just Gorgeous....btw 3 sprays and got 12 + hrs and became a skin scent about the 12hr but it definitely projected about 3-6 ft in 12 hr range and about 1/2 foot when it became a skin scent and still well felt next morning , a beast in reality if you ask me and worth the price if you can afford it or save up for it...it's FBW .....Cheerios
12th February, 2014

This is my first review here though I have been reading all the interesting
reviews posted here since very long.

I tried this one in Dubai at Paris Gallary.
What to say about this one? Its very rich, very
luxurious and super smooth.

This is what the genie of the magic lamp would
have given Alladin if he had asked for a perfume.

I saw three rich Arabs at Paris Gallary buying
this one. I didn't understand a word but could
make out they were astonished by this perfume.
And until now I thought the best aoud could
come only from the Gulf. I think aoud can not
get better than this one. It's so well blended.

If you are a lover of fragrances ( well you must
be or you would not be reading this ) you owe
it to yourself to try this one.

I tried several other aoud and aoud combo perfumes and
attars at Paris gallary and elsewhere at Dubai mall but
everything else looked pale in comparison.

Who can wear this and where? I think the sheer
opulence of this scent demands an occasion and
formal dress. Like it could look little ridiculous for a man
in jeans to wear this scent to a disco. But it all depends
on how you carry yourself. I have also enjoyed this one
at home on a holiday.

Roja Dove has taken the art of perfumery to a
new level where he remains the undisputed King.

And do visit Paris Gallary at Dubai mall. I tried
many, many scents and postponed my buying. Yet there
were smiling faces and at the exit I had dates with
Arabic tea or khawa. Great Arab hospitality.

Thanks Roja Dove. I am buying this one.
02nd February, 2014