Positive Reviews of Splendid Wood by Yves Saint Laurent

Truly a luxury fagrance, creamy woods softened with a touch of jasmine. Brilliant cardamon and incense opening. The texture is something that needs to be experienced. The formulation seems to have softened over the years for the better. I received a compliment for this at the 10 hour mark, so it lasts and projects nicely.
03rd September, 2017 (last edited: 25th January, 2018)
Splendid Wood has a very natural smell and feel to it and the more I wear it, the more I love it. It doesn't last as long on my skin as I would have hoped for, maybe a few hours and I only get a slight whiff of any oud. The incense and cardamom are more apparent and it has a creamy scent to it. You can feel the luxury from Splendid Wood but it does not last long enough to warrant the price tag.
11th February, 2017
Nik Show all reviews
a forest of fragrance. perfectly balanced for a sensuous night out (or in). the oud is penetrant but not overbearing, the classic woody combinations offset beautifully with jasmine. this is one for special occasions (not least because of the exorbitant price tag), it is the evening fragrance to wear after a day in M7 oud absolu. Thanks YSL for another classic.
18th May, 2014