Positive Reviews of Armani Eau de Nuit Oud by Giorgio Armani

Very likable, well-made oud fragrance from Armani. While I would consider Armani's Prive Oud Royal to be a more superior formulation of an oud scent, Eau de Nuit Oud is quite pleasant and a joy to wear and own.

What I've found is that oud is not a monolithic concept in the fragrance world. Different marks explore different facets of what make oud so mysterious and amazing: The floral, spicy, woody, earthy, and smoky sides, inter alia.

Eau de Nuit leans towards the oud accented with sweet, peppery notes. Iris and tonka add a slightly floral, roasted quality as well. Eau de Nuit definitely owes homage to its predecessor, Armani Eau de Nuit, which itself shares cardamom, iris, pink pepper, and tonka elements with the Eau de Nuit Oud flanker.

I like this interpretaion of the oud mystique by Armani: Classy, long-lasting, smooth, pleasant, and wearable for most occasions. But I'd suggest trying out a sample / decant to make up your mind.
04th August, 2018
Well, Giorgio Armani's 'Armani Eau de Nuit Oud' jumps on the Oud bandwagon, so I of course tried this out expecting EDP performance and massive longevity akin to Acqua di Gio Profumo. No, this is a different conversation entirely.

The initial blast of this is somewhat offensive and stomach churning. It smells like those mosquito candles you burn to keep bugs from biting you. Seriously. My girlfriend was really upset I sprayed this on and was disgusted by it.

I can't smell much of the berganot or cardamom, i mainly got iris and oud notes, alongside geranium and saffron. It smells dirty, earthy and very ethnic. I was really about to shower this off until I decided to try it again the next morning.

I gave it a full days wearing a few days later, and after the stomach churning opening, it actually smells quite good. The oud and tonka bean really go well together, and once the iris and rose notes go away, it really is very dark and masculine.

With a liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, shoulders, wrists and chest) is about 8-10+ hours, but with several days up to a week or more on clothing and fabrics. Once it settles in, it really does smell quite sensual and musky, which in the right setting could be wonderful.

Definitely for the cold weather months, there is no way this could ever work in any type of season besides the coldest and darkest of winter. But nestled up to a fireplace or out and about in the snowy weather, this scent would be a masterful fragrance.
17th June, 2017
This new Armani fragrance is like a sweeter, more floral and not as dry version of Armani Prive’s Oud Royal, with just a dash of Rose D’Arabie’s liquor like warmth. In fact, if not for the bottle, it could easily have fitted in to the Prive line of the gold capped ‘La Collection des Mille et une Nuits’.

The sweetness I’m detecting must originate from the pink pepper, but to my nose it appears as if both the tonka and a hint of saffron listed in the base notes are quite detectable at the opening. The floral heart of this is reminiscent of the original Eau de Nuit with the iris easily the stand out. The rose note is definitely there but more in the background than the iris. Oud, with the tonka and saffron keep this warm and oriental right through to the conclusion about 8 hours after first application. Both the bergamot and geranium were missing in action and I couldn't detect a trace of either.

As it’s an EDP concentration it performs as I would expect, giving of a decent (but not shouting) sillage and projection and it lasts a good 8 or more hours on my skin.

As yet another Westernised version of an oud, this is not an entirely original offering from Armani. It has more than a passing resemblance to nearly all of the recent spate of oud releases such as Icon Absolute, ADP Colonia Oud, Varvatos Oud, Polo Supreme Oud, etc. Still this is a nice addition to the Armani ‘Eau’ family of masculine marketed fragrances and as it’s a good quality scent that is approximately half the price of the Prive line, it’s also fairly good value for money in my opinion.
26th August, 2016