Positive Reviews of Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense by Chanel

Well, I finally stopped by Macy's today and tested CMI. As many reviewers have said, it is very close to CM EdP. The biggest difference is that the citrus has been toned down in the Intense formulation, and that makes it a bit smoother. At least that is the main difference as far as I am concerned. I cannot tease out notes of amber, tonka, vanilla, or even rose, but I could identify it blindfolded as CM. Personally, I like it more than CM EdP simply because the citrus is so much less stringent.

Re performance, projection and sillage are very good. Longevity seems to be quite good, too. For the price point, it is a good fragrance with better than average performance. In fact, it out performs my recently purchased Frederic Malle fragrances by a mile. (Make of that what you will.)

However, if I wanted to recommend a Chanel fragrance to someone, excluding the exclusives, I would recommend both Coco EdT and Coco EdP over any version of Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is certainly a nice fragrance, but there are so many nicer fragrances from which to choose. It is worth testing in any case.

Fragrance: 7/10