Neutral Reviews of I Am Trash : Les Fleurs du Déchet by Etat Libre d'Orange

A clean cut marketing gimmick

Fleurs du Déchet/I am Trash is a pretty fragrance despite its name. It has a fruity and fresh opening dominated by strawberries before growing more abstract and blurred out.

The original ad copy referenced earthworms but there is absolutely nothing earthy or dirty about this scent which would have made it more interesting. I was imagining a little fermentation as well, like a touch of Byredo's Pulp. There's none of that. Instead, it's generically pleasant, clean and safe, leaning a little on the young side but not overly sweet. When I smell my wrist, the only thing I can think is, "entirely pointless."

But what of the scent's concept? Isn't there any value to its environmental message? I'm not going to belabour any criticism of the scent's marketing campaign, which leaves me smh. All I will say is the sample Luckyscent sent me came in two separate packages, one for the size of the sample enclosed within a needlessly large 10cmx10cm printed box covered in branding, which necessitated a larger shipping parcel. So much for championing the reduction of waste.
25th November, 2018