Positive Reviews of Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery

This one has been suggested to have similarities to Creed Vintage Tabarome which is my favorite Creed. These are my thoughts.

For the first few minutes the opening was bright and invigorating, this I believe is the bergamot note. The opening of Tabac Vert I would say is the closet in resemblance to VT. The tobacco and pepper starts to emerge giving it a darker and dry feel. In addition, the mossy accord begins to take effect thanks to richness of the oakmoss present in the scent. The similarities are definitely there between the two scents. I do feel that TV is a bit more modernized than VT not exactly the same but it’s not far from it. I think if the average nose were to compare the two s/he wouldn’t be able distinguish the differences. The base contains wood notes provided by the sandalwood and cedar. The oakmoss never goes away in the drydown but becomes more subtle. A prominent tobacco based scent that really connects with the old world of fragrances. Wearing this I imagine myself in either two different places: a gentlemen’s club or at a barbershop.

For those who have never smelled Creed Vintage Tabarome or can’t afford it, Tabac Vert would be a great affordable alternative. Nothing will beat VT but this is probably the closet resemblance that I’ve smelled of it. I could see myself wearing this as a cheaper alternative to VT.
13th January, 2019
Aromatic leaves of tobacco warmed over a bed of dry cedar and resinous oakmoss. Tabac Vert eschews the conventionally heavier vanillic accoutrements in favor of a lighter brighter approach, resulting in an elegantly fresh woody chypre.

If Vintage Tabarome reminds one of wood-panelled cigar rooms in men-only clubs then Tabac Vert takes you elsewhere to a private bar with a cigarette on your lips and a glass of Old Fashioned in your hand.

04th December, 2018