Neutral Reviews of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

I’m not offended by this, and it does smell like a restrained use of the most grating modern ingredients, with a touch of Dior panache. But I’m not that into the style. Plus, I already have Bleu de Chanel and never use it, which is similar. YSL also had a version of this, L'Homme Libre.
13th February, 2020
I don't understand why morphing such a classic, almost perfect and elegant perfume that Dior Homme is into something so remote from it, while keeping the design of the bottle and the name.

I mean, I don't think Dior Homme original is already outdated after 15 years and it has the potential of the best landmarks that Habit Rouge, Shalimar, N0 5 and others of the same caliber were.

Not to say that the new Dior Homme is catastrophic, but it keeps nothing for the original except maybe the beewax sort of start. The rest is not bad and not as potentially vulgar as Sauvage Edt but it has nothing to dream about. It resembles a little Roger& Gallet homme Sport if you know it. A little more complex but you get the idea.

My 2 questions : why was is necessary to create such an ok but really forgettable scent, and why using the name and design of one of the best men perfumery creations in history ?

A reformulation could have been made for instance, maybe by lightening the powdery element in the Edt and keeping the rest. There used to be a cologne version in the late 2000s that had this characteristic and it was fabulous but they stopped it and replaced it with the first Sport flanker, and then the new cologne version that is very close to Allure Cologne, but has absolutely nothing to do with the first creation of their cologne : this disappeared cologne used to be very close to the edt in smell and juice color without the powdery aspect.

I might get used to the new 2020 Dior Edt some day but I will stick to my beloved Original Edt and Intense for years. Extraordinary male perfumes.
04th February, 2020 (last edited: 09th February, 2020)