Latest Fragrance Reviews, Updated Daily

Darvant's avatar

Miss Dior Le Parfum by Christian Dior

Yes, an expertly blended combination of fruity/floral notes, resins and balsams in which the note of mandarine provides a really dynamic and "carefree" orangy top side well connected with indolent rose, mild spices, a touch of earthiness and probably bergamot (affording complexity and refinement). Overall is assembled in to a bright hyper-feminine accord gradually encompassed by a mellow embrace of "chyprey" amber and vanillic balminess. The rosey-hesperidic accord sets down a sort of classical background connected to a glorious chypre french tradition. Rose, amber and patchouli perfectly merge in to a really elegant sweet glorious accord (never heavy or overly "loaded"). The balance is perfect since the dry down is warmer but still fruity, freshly floral and barely soapy. Miss Dior Le parfum is not a masterpiece but a modern versatile (and "polished") floral-chypre with a refined patchouli, a chic aura and a sensual amber backbone.

23rd April, 2015 (Last Edited: 24th April, 2015)

Sakral's avatar

Black Amber by Agonist

To me the key characteristic of this fragrance is birch tar deep in the background... But birch is not listed so i'm guessing it's just a combination of other dark woods and smokyness that gives me that birch vibe.
    Other than that it's a pretty straight forward spicy incense, with a nice "mental color" of graphite grey.

Seemingly nicely blended but left me kind of cold and uninspired.

Danksy's avatar

Route du Vétiver by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

I purchased this as a sample initially after noting the use of the 'R' word by several reviewers here and elsewhere. In my mind that has occasionally translated into "why would I buy something that many people already believe to be somehow inferior "? In this instance I'm happy to report this wasn't the case and I ploughed my own furrow regardless and I'm one happy bunny as a result !

Now I'm not pretending to be anything like as knowledgeable or experienced as some here, however, I cannot begin to express how much I like this fragrance ! If this is a reformulation then I'm not convinced that I would have enjoyed the original if it were any bolder than this. There is no way the juice in this recently purchased bottle could be described as a shrinking violet because it most certainly isn't. Whatever the back story to this stuff is, if you're a vetiver enthusiast as I have been for over thirty years I'd enthusiastically urge you to try Route du Vetiver. Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's take on vetiver is striking and unlike any other I've encountered.

Sillage is good and longevity for me is around 4-5 hours before receding into the background for several more hours as a discreet presence.

As for how it smells, I get November bonfires, white autumnal leaf smoke, wet decaying leaves on moist mossy earth. I also get a vague buried gunpowder smell but that may be conjured more by my bonfire night fireworks association than any actual presence of a gunpowder note. Imagination and memory do funny things to our perception of smells don't they . . . !?
    Overall I find Route du Vetiver warm, inviting, reassuring and comforting, it mellows beautifully and gently after the intense opening.

As with anything bestowed with a truly distinctive character it will no doubt polarise opinion and what are in effect Route du Vetiver's virtues to one nose could be a vice to another . . .

Others have rendered the note breakdown far better than I could, let me just round up by simply saying I am unable to find anything negative to say about Route du Vetiver's material quality, stature or character other than I'm not a great admirer of the bottle design which strikes me as a little gauche - great atomiser action though !

Conclusion : regardless of what edition / formulation this 2015 purchase is - I love it to bits, enjoy every moment I wear it, and isn't pleasure what it's all about !?

If you are in any doubt you can always sample first, I got mine from those nice people at Les Senteurs (London) and promptly ordered a full bottle on first sniff.

The batch code on my bottle is 213062

Chanel1's avatar

Theseus by Lorenzo Villoresi

Edgy in a way that reminds me of an Amouage feel. Too challenging for me to enjoy: synthetic dirty, perhaps.

I don't really like this, but the interesting complexity earns it a neutral.

odysseusm's avatar

Wald by Euphorium Brooklyn

This is an intriguing and very complex scent. I note different things in it each time I try it. I don't find it bottle-worthy, but that is a matter of my personal taste. It is an attractive and well-crafted scent.
    The juice is a brilliant emerald green, and has a viscous quality (at least that is the case for what's in the little sample vial).
    I find three different phases.
    1. Woodsy, coniferous, forest-floor. A dark green scent to match the colour of the juice. Mint and conifer notes, even something like eucalyptus. Rather camphoraceous. Frankincense-green and resinous. Ahhh, if the scent would only stay at this phase I'd be delighted.
    2. Gradually the scent shifts. First, the brisk notes smooth out. Complex and shifting notes emerge, like a Kaleidoscope. Artemesia (nutty celery leaf, minty). Maple syrup (a bit rich and honeyed). Cool notes, slightly sweet and earthy.
    3. The scent settles into a smoky-leather foundation. Somewhat animalic, a bit macho or at least very self-assured. A beautiful leather-smoke note, reminding me of Dior's Jules. And here is my challenge. I can appreciate the chord, but I am not suited to leather scents. I grow tired of them and they don't suit me.
    Still, there is much to appreciate here.

Nosey49's avatar

Baume Du Doge by Eau d'Italie

I agree with previous posters that the opening is stunning and the dry down less so, but for me it is definitely NOT disappointing. Despite this, I still believe overall that Baume du Doge is an very good fragrance. A little more projection and I would classify it as EXCECCENT.

Kaizen1972's avatar

Legend Intense by Montblanc

I found this scent to be masculine and strong. I definitely love the apple accord in the middle. It seemed to last on me throughout the day, and elicited some turned heads.

Kaizen1972's avatar

Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Love it! I am a fan of the original Aqua, and this one has a mysteriously fresh quality to it. On me, I need to refresh it midday, but it is still very pleasant throughout the day.

Kain's avatar

Eleganza Luminosa by Linari

While my first experience with the house was mind blowing (Fuoco Infernale), this one didn't excite me at all! it's not a bad fragrance, but it's just nice. nothing less, nothing more.

At the opening I can smell a semi fresh, semi sweet citrusy scent along with soft floral notes that smells pleasant but also pretty generic and just like ton's of fresh floral fragrances for women out there.
    Yep, you heard me! I said women because this fragrance is completely feminine in my opinion.
    The citruses here are not extremely fresh and tart like summery fragrances. it's a little more rough than usual summery scents which makes it a safe choice for casual use in spring days.

As time passes I'm getting more sweetness and more floral notes while there is a fruity scent, something like mango in the background that is a replacement for citruses on top and adds fresh fruity feeling to the scent.
    No more changes till the end.
    Projection is good and above average and longevity is around 6-7 hours on the skin.
    It's a nice and pleasant fresh, fruity, floral scent but for the price tag ..... no way!

Chanel1's avatar

Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum by Aedes de Venustas

I have a sample of Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum, and it smells good, and interesting.

It's a new smell to me. I don't think it matches my style, but I still like it. It smells modern, classy, and trendy / ahead of the curve. It could be an interesting office fragrance.

landshark321's avatar

Himalaya by Creed

Flying relatively under the radar in the house of Creed, Himalaya retains the line's ambiguous "fresh" DNA with having more depth. Like Aventus, Himalaya walks the line between citrus and wood, and in that respect is both fresh and grounded in something earthy/spicy at the same time, and is versatile. The comparisons to Aventus should probably end here, though, as Aventus is far fresher / more centered around pineapple, and Himalaya is more a balance of several citruses and woods (cedar, sandal).

It opens mainly with these citruses (grapefruit, bergamot, lemon) and devolves into its woodier notes within an hour and holds these notes more at the forefront for its lifespan, still retaining the citrus as part of the mix.

I think the name is mistakenly cold weather-centric, as I find Himalaya to have all-season and day/night wearability. Projection and longevity are very good, but not great, and as such are consistent with Creed's other offerings, like Aventus.

8 out of 10

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Acqua Universalis, in my opinion, is a very fresh summery fragrance. I smell fresh lemon, lily of the valley, bergamot and a touch of musk. I got two compliments this morning at the grocery store. It is perfect for hot, summer days. Today I am wearing linen pants and a linen shirt, this fragrance just rounds off the look. On me it lasts 6-7 hours. Beautiful!

Rush by Gucci

Salutation.

GUCCI RUSH is not something that very common and will make people ask you what kind of perfume you are using so i would call it a UNIQUE scent.The fragrance is a balance between traditions and 21st century dynamism.It is a scent that gets attention from people. Gorgeous,Sensual,Authentic,Feminine,Sweet, Impressive,Irresistible,Fresh and Warm at the same time.

African freesia and peach mingle seductively with coriander,jasmine and the intense carnality of damask rose to amplify but a single message in sub woofer pitch:"I am woman,hear me roar!"The lovely vanilla, the patchouli and the vetiver at the base only serve to mollify it enough to allow men to flirt with you shamelessly.

This is not frilly or girly smelling but it is perfect for an assured,grown-up lady sure of her sexuality,yet never vulgar.It is also nice for any Season.The EDT Appropriate for Evening wear.You know a fragrance is great when someone walks past you and catches a whiff and actually turn their head to comment it.

Sillage?Magnificent.

Longevity?+8 hours on my skin.

7.25/10

Gucci Flora by Gucci

Salutation.

My advice to Everybody think GUCCI fragrances are Cheap this is you must feel not only with Your nose but also with Your heart those.Certainly I prefer My fragrance to have Class and Style just Like GUCCI Than very Common and Ordinary without Character like some Brands.

And but Flora,It is not exception of this rule too.I find it simply Surprising with an Essence of Flowers and Citruses this mixture makes this EDT provide a Great balance. Modern, Exquisite,Mesterpiece,Independent, Bright,Elegant,Fascinate,Yummy.

If GUCCI BY GUCCI is a Great Night scent, FLORA is Great day scent too as this one is Youngish,Fresh,Daily and Not Heavy than it.For me it is an Expression of a Womanly Nicety.The bottle is as Lovely as The scent and demonstrator GUCCI Elegance.

Overall i would suggest this EDT for a ROMANTIC Young Lady or a ROMANTIC Lady with a Youthful heart.Flora is appropriate for any occasion Specially for Office,Intimate in SPRINGTINE and wedding too. A respectable fragrance for Every Gentleman.

Sillage?Superb.

Longevity?Lasts and Lasts and really Extraordinary for a EDT.

7.5/10

Guilty by Gucci

Salutation.

After FLORA i expected another Heavy and Special perfume like GUCCI BY GUCCI or GUCCI EAU DE PARFUM of this great design but perhaps GUILTY is continues the fragrant story of FLORA however i prefer FLORA than this one. Modern, Pleasant,Delightful,Youngish,Simple yet too Expensive.

Nice and Simple are a couple of words that come to mind when I think about GUILTY.instantly optimistic and joyful. beginning of peach and a hint of pink pepper,geranium before the feminine and soft base evoke the airs of a delightful young coquette in front of her mirror.

The delicately sweet scent comes in a lovely and artistic bottle and this is best part GUILTY for me.It is recommended for daytime wear. In my opinion if you are a big fan of GUCCI fragrances or have a lot of remarkable bottle in your dresser GUILTY is your new fragrance.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Could be better.

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Salutation.

In my opinion GUCCI fragrances is not suitable by every style because is truly special.I always feel classy when i wear Gucci fragrances.

I prefer the original GPH this cologne is lighter and updated from the original but is really lovely and elegant.it is masculine scent with a mysterious side to it.

It is evening cologne or for intimate/special occasions.elegant woman loves it.the longevity is above average on my skin.the base soft woody/spicy.

Anyway if you are looking fora luxurious in spring/summer GUCCI PHII is what you need!

7.25/10

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Salutation.

A Brilliant Mesterpiece is the perfect way to describe GUCCI PH.It remindes of typical men Chic and Demure.

It is similar often GUCCI fragrances which you either Love or Hate them.I am lucky because i simply adore this on!It is an Elegant,Masculine,Regal and Classic.

Starts with Bitter,Spicy and Strong.I can sense Pimento in middle notes.The base is Special and Woody on my skin.Suitable for Cold weather and men 30/50 years old.

Too heavy for Daily use But creative Excellent and Attractive harmony in a Special EVENING specially if your Lover wears GUCCI Perfume(2007).Anyway if you want to make an Impression this is the fragrance for you.

Overall with Great Sillage and Excellent Longevity for me GUCCI is a MAGICAL fragrance in a MAGICAL bottle.

Thank You GUCCI.

8.5/10

Gucci Guilty Intense Pour Homme by Gucci

Salutation.

If you want a girl notice you,take a chance spend a little money and knock her off her feet.GUCCI GUILTY INTENSE will do the trick for you.It is a crisp,masculine,modern aromatic that captures the exhilaration and confidence.This frgrance is an all purpose fragrance for men. Pleasant, Sweet,Flirty,Addictive,Crisp and Charming.

Lovely opening.A blend of amalfi lemon,coriander lavender,neroli,amber and patchouli that spells confidence on your wrists and ladies who appreciatethe tender.It has a nice finish on my skin not too overwhelming but also quite Soft and Lovely.this smells fresh without being too strong and makes a statement without a doubt.

This one is really similar original GUILTY so i think if you have it,you dont need this one.It is beautiful enough to be Romantic.The bottle and packaging are lovely beautiful too.perfect for Everyday use as well as the Intimate occasion.Totally if you are looking to wear a nice scent but dont want to worry about what is appropriate for what time,try this one.

Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci

Gucci Guilty Black Pour Femme Gucci
    Hi.

The spirit of an irresistibly fascinating fragrance. GUCCI GUILTY BLACK PF is a delicious and sexy fragrance reflecting a mischievous,intrepid and charming woman.it drew inspiration to interpret original GUCCI GUILTY in a bewitching floral/fruity variation.it is simple yet sexy and elegant at the same time. nothing special but very nice scent indeed.Playfully Sensual, Utterly Flirtatious,Dangerously Charming and Interestingly Irresistible.

The juicy and luscious combination of red berries, peach and raspberry brings luminous sensuality to the scent,while intriguing woody patchouli notes united with amber and violet makes the base and express sensuality and elegance as envelope the wearer in warmth.this scent evoking images of flirty evenings in autumn weather.i recommend it to any lady who she wants to make a first impression.also a nice gift for your sweetheart.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Above average on my skin.

6.75/10

Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci

Salutation.

GUCCI EDP is a Noteworthy blend of Oriental Spicy notes and Vanilla accords with a touch of Masculine as Gives you a sense of Wealth and Makes you feel Special.It is Great no doubt about it. Powerful,Hot,Captivating, Intoxicating,Rich,Attractive and Spicy.

The opening is a Little Spicy and Loud but in a Sophisticated way.The Middle notes by Caraway are Rich and then the Incense, Vanilla,Leather and Musk of the base start to emerge into the mix.The dry down is a Deep Alluring and truly one of the best dry downs I have experienced amid Female Fragrances.

This Glamorous and Provocative fragrance creates for a Mature Lady who commands Attention.not a Young and Juvenile girl.In my opinion GUCCI EDP makes you like a Femme Fatale.Perfect for Snowy Nights and Special Moments.If you are Looking for a Real Oriental Spicy fragrance this one just for you.

Sillage?Spectacular.

Longevity?Noticeable on my skin.

7.5/10

Gucci by Gucci Sport Pour Homme by Gucci

Salutation.

Another sporty fragrance and this time by one of my favorite brands GUCCI however i am often surprise when i see negative reviews about GUCCI fragrances here!this one is a younger version of the original and also more fresh than it.Masculine,Modern,Joyous ,Refreshing,Crisp and Enjoyable.

It has a intense citrus notes and a aromatic heart soothed by a woodsy base notes as it is not too heavy and too light.GUCCI BY GUCCI SPORT doesn't have similar with DIOR HOME SPORT for me.it is a great kind of cologne for real man who like to smell fresh and clean after a hard day work.

It is not strong or overpowering at all.A very nice Springtime scent indeed and like all GUCCI fragrances this one comes in a stylish bottle too.for the young to the young at heart this is the great scent for you.perfect for DAILY wear.

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Admissible on my skin

6.75/10

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Salutation.

I enjoy fragrances from Gucci.this is a lovely scent in my opinion.not unique but simple in very nice a way.it is clean.Good for fall.

The bottle is gorgeous.sillage and longevity is average (longevity 5 hours on my skin) if you are fan Gucci fragrances you have to try by Gucci by Gucci pour Homme!i wait now for Gucci by Gucci sport!

Gucci by Gucci by Gucci

Salutation.

This Lovely EDP Gives you that Stately and Makes you feel Handsome.Truly it is just what i was expecting from GUCCI and with this reason i bought it for my mother.Sweet,Feminine,Warm,Heavy,Hot and Luxurious.

In my opinion GUCCI EDP is all about a Attractive perfume.You can really smell Honey for a long time.In fact mix Honey,Flower and Musk are rich.I found it Full balance between a Classic style and a Modern way.The base is Soft and Amiable.

The bottle is Elegant and Gorgeous as Reflects the scent.Seemly for a stylish,Confident and definitely a High Class lady for Special moments in AUTUMN/WINTER specially a Glorious Banquet because it is attract for men.Anyway Gucci is a Great night scent.

Sillage?Superb.

Longevity?About 10 Hours on my skin.

Thank You GUCCI.

8.5/10

Envy Me by Gucci

Salutation.

ENVY ME is a playful and sweet floral-fruity for a young lady or a lady who is young at heart.with notes like peony,litchi,rose and mango,ENVY ME perfume berings to life everything that is beautiful,charming and feminine. Modern,Fresh,Summery, Cute,Appealing, Fruity,Playful and Seductive ate the same time.

Pink pepper,mango and pineapple provide an introductory freshness to a floral heart with peony, rose,jasmine and a litchi accord.tobacco mixes with musk and tonka bean for a soft and smooth dry down.It smells so nice like a fresh warm spring day and in my mind it is a delightful surprise by GUCCI.

This EDT is great for Spring and Summer,beautiful for Daytime or Office wear.It is certainly cheerfully pleasant and a joy to wear.Anyway i recommend it to a young lady who is trying a good everyday scent.It is not GUCCI'S best but really nice.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Above average on my skin.

Envy for Men by Gucci

Salutation.

17 Years ago GUCCI offers a other product and today i want laud it with this CLASSY product.That's right ENVY is like most GUCCI scents ELEGANT and GREAT.Chic,Classic and very GUCCI!

I recommend it a few years ago for my father and he said:i fell in love with this smell.starts with typical Citrus for few minutes and not too strong but The Middle/Base notes are serious.The heart definitely with Jasmine and Rose makes it SEDUCTIVE and ATTRACTIVE.The base is Beautiful and Woody on my skin too.

It uplifts your Prestige in SPECIAL moments at COLD Evening like an Romantic Dinner.Certainly it is not for a Young man rather a MATURE man.Altogether for me ENVY is all about a Classic man a Demure man and if you are familar with GUCCI style then it is for you.

Sillage?Good.

Envy by Gucci

Salutation.

I Was Absolutely Delighted with the ENVY For Men Because It was a Great Classic with a Distinctive Scent However Female Version is not as Great as Male Version for me But I Love Everything that comes out of GUCCI So This one is Not Exception Too. Floral, Urban,Refreshing,Interesting,Graceful, Modern,Subtle and Elegant.

It is a Nice Soft Fragrance with a touch Young.The Top notes Encompass a Fruity Melody of Pineapple,Peach and Bergamot as I found it quite Green and Inspiring.The Floral Aspects of ENVY are a whispered compliment to the Elegant Femininity.The base notes is Soft and Clean.

ENVY is for a Tender and Refined Femininity.The bottle is not very Artistic Like many other perfumes by GUCCI.It is Nice for SPRINGTIME and for a Modern Character.Great for EVERYDAY Use and In my opinion It is Romance Enough to Wear INTIMATE Occasion.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Above Average on my skin.

Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci

Salutation.

The Rhuburb and Patchouli trail of RICCI RICCI is Unmistakably Modern and downright Good Perfume However this one is Far NINA for me.The bottle is A Symbol of Beauty but The scent is Simulator. Heavy,Overpowering,Rich, Feminine,Bold and Sweet.

It begines with A Strange and Strong scent of Rhuburb and Hidden Floral notes that not Pleasant to my nose.The base notes is consisting of Patchouli and Sandalwood and Definitely i find this notes Better of Top and Middle notes.

In my opinion this EDP is not like NINA.This one has a Heavy scent and makes you feel Rich.Cloying for Daily use but Ideal for a Night out Surely at COLD weather.Anyway The bottle is about the only thing I can find Attractive about it So I recommend it For Everyone prefer The Bottle Than The Scent!

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?About 5 Hours on my skin.

alfarom's avatar

Old School Bench by MiN New York

Old School Bench smells to me like a highly modernized take on patchouli. It opens very aromatic and boozy, unsweetened and almost astringent to then *evolve* into a vetiver-infused uber-dry and non-headshop type of patchouli with woody facets. If you're drawn to hyper-modernism, this smells very good in my opinion but the problem with these MiN is often the same: Why pay Yohji Yamamoto prices for a COS shirt?

Anyway, this is nice.

Mademoiselle Ricci L'Eau by Nina Ricci

Salutation.

A delightfully elegant and subtle scent in a lovely bottle with garlanding Love that speaks of the need for peace and companionship across different cultures and evoke their own message of beauty:MADEMOISELLE RICCI L'EAU is a graceful, eternally stylish fragrance for a tender and refined femininity.it relaxes the mind and spirit.a daytime fragrance for the young at heart and i prefer it than MADEMOISELLE RICCI.Sweet, Modern,Cute,Fresh,Floral,Fluffy,Captivating and Romantic.

It scents a delicate mixture of modern rose and fruity notes.the rose is prominent on my nose with just a touch of litchi and peony.the floral notes of this scent radiate feminine beauty and romance.a nice daytime scentin spring or summer where subtlety is appreciated.this lovely perfume makes you feel pamper and also makes your man want to hug you. interestingly,the dry down has a scent of roses.i love the bottle as it reminds me a eternal subtlety of a kind lady.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Above Average on my skin.

Premier Jour by Nina Ricci

Hi.

First I Expected a strong overpowering scent,instead I was pleasantly surprised by PREMIER JOUR as I found it Soft in a Nice way.Playfully Attractive and Irresistibly Seductive. It is not as Special as PURE POISON. Romantic,Cute, Luminous,Delicious,Floral,Feminine and Fresh.

Joyful notes of Sweet Pea and Mandarin Orange leading to an Romantic heart of Orchid and Especially Gardenia and these are brought into a Feminine and Soft base of Creamy Musk,Vanilla and Sandalwood and Evokes a feeling of Serenity and Beauty.Middle notes are the best for me.

In fact The white floral notes make it fresh and at the same time Romantic.It is not sharp or overwhelming.A nice Feminine scent you could use it for most Seasons and Occasions.Ideal for a Blithe Lady who likes a Refined yet Romantic scent. Totally it is not a Extraordinary floral but Simply LOVELY.

Sillage?Interesting.