Latest Fragrance Reviews, Updated Daily

deadidol's avatar

Water/Wood by Régime des Fleurs

An artless cavalcade. There’s mint, musky notes of some kind, cedar (with all the bitterness you’d expect), and a handful of florals. Together, it smells like your skin after you’ve sampled too many scents and they’ve bled into one another. Waterwood is basically five separate ideas all competing to accomplish one task. While I do give them points for attempting to synchronize dissonant notes, this should return to the planning stage for a while and perhaps take a new direction. Both the bottle and the perfume appear to have been made during "craft hour," and both are an absolute mess.

Francolino's avatar

Journey Man by Amouage

Spicy cardamom, tobacco and then leather..pure Amouage traditon.. leather is soft an thoroughly smooth..
    8.5/10

vetyverisnice's avatar

Pure Man by Bruno Banani

It may not fit the noses of the snobs but to me this is one of the best fragrances I've ever owned. A bit sweet, but on the masculine side. My ex girlfriend loved it on me. For its low price the sillage and longevity is simply excellent, not like my much more expensive Emporio He which is completely gone after five minutes.

Big thumbs up for this fragrance, well except the bottle which is saying "please put me on the shelf of a supermarket". With its low price you can probably afford to blind buy this.

AdriaD's avatar

Casamorati 1888 Fiore D'Ulivo by Xerjoff

I love Darvant's description of this scent as "virile". That's exactly the word I would use to describe it. This makes me think of Bacchus in ancient Rome, wild and sexual. The citrus notes really come through in the top, but the olive is just beneath it, adding sensuality. This is a very green fragrance. Sillage and longevity are both fantastic here.

promqueen's avatar

Red Door 25 by Elizabeth Arden

Top notes are very fruity, but not so fruity as say, Calyx or Eternity. There is an equal note of lily which takes the sharpness off the fruit and makes a nice blend. Notes of other florals are not too heavy. Lasts about 6 hours. Bright and nice, but I am not feeling the need to rush out and buy a bottle.

Lewy's avatar

AB Spirit Silver by Lomani

It's supposed to smell like Aventus and it does smell just like it, a bit different/cheaper but certainly not much worse. Yes, it's a rip-off but darn, for this price you can't complain. Same complementary factor (most people won't smell the difference anyway), similar longevity, a little less projection, 200$ price difference.

06 October, 2014 (Last Edited: 10th October, 2014)

Liambambiggy's avatar

Legend by Michael Jordan

This bad boy here is a GREAT buy for the price of $15 from Ross. The opening is that of french toast almost and has a bit of coffee somewhere in the make up of it. I would say wear this strictly for colder fall days and DO NOT GO TRIGGER HAPPY. This can and will be offensive if you spray without moderation. Everything about this is 5 stars. If you see it go buy it, it's a great beginners fragrance for any gourmand lover.

06 October, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 October, 2014)

New York Intense by Nicolaï

Genre: Oriental

A fuller pyramid from Luckyscent.com: bergamot, Sicilian lemon, cloves, thyme, cinnamon, black pepper, pimento, oak moss, vetiver, amber.

The original New York has always been one of those classic, acclaimed fragrances (along with Chergui, Hinoki, Timbuktu, and Dior Homme,) that I just fail to “get.” I smell an attractive spicy oriental, but nothing very special, and certainly nothing that explains to me the rapture with which most critics seem to greet this scent.

New York Intense smells like more of the same: a perfectly nice combination of clove and cinnamon atop a sweet amber foundation, but still possessed by the bland, faceless, “Stepford wife” quality that I detect in the original. I had hoped that “intense” would mean more distinctive, but I still don’t get it.

06 October, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 October, 2014)

MAAI by Bogue Profumo

Genre: Chypre

A alternate pyramid, from Luckyscent.com: tuberose, rose, jasmine, and ylang-ylang, civet, castoreum, hyraceum, dried fruits, sandalwood, oakmoss

Let me say right off the bat that MAAI is probably the most interesting new introduction I’ve smelled in 2014. Imagine a ménage à trois of Muscs Koublaï Khan, Opium, and Carnal Flower on a bed of oakmoss, and you’ll have some idea of this scent’s overall structure. MAAI starts out on a take-no-prisoners blast of animalic notes – mostly civet (reconstruction, I presume) and castoreum. Comparisons with both Kouros and Muscs Koublaï Khan are well-justified. Soon after application the animalic accord is joined by a floral bouquet centered on a lush, buttery tuberose note (à la Fracas or Carnal Flower). Beneath this emerges a spiced amber accord, heavy on both benzoin and labdanum. (Opium, anybody?) Supporting the entire tripartite structure is a surprisingly powerful oakmoss note - more conspicuous than I’ve smelled in any new release in recent memory. I have no idea how perfumer Antonio Gardoni achieves this – ignoring IFRA? an exceptionally potent and convincing reconstruction? Whatever the means, the end effect is delightful and refreshing.

I mean no insult when I say this fragrance could have been composed over half a century ago, by a nose like Edmond Roudnitska or Germaine Cellier. The spiced amber outlasts all but the oakmoss, before, in a surprising development, the scent dries down to a full-circle recap of the opening animalic notes, this time as a subtle and seductive skin scent over remnants of moss and labdanum. Unisex, lasting, and potent as all get-out, with far-flung sillage and projection.

Beautiful work.

Note: special thanks to alfarom and deadidol for alerting me to MAAI. I moght not otherwise have tried it.

06 October, 2014 (Last Edited: 08 October, 2014)

LiterallyWords's avatar

Smuggler\'s Soul by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

Lemon sherbert on paper; much better on skin, which allows the warmth of the sandalwood to come through. That said, there's something amiss here that prevents me from wanting to plump for a purchase.

It begins with a slightly medicinal blast of lemongrass, though this pharma-sharpness softens pretty quickly as the sandalwood gears get going, even if the hesperidic element of the grass remains a strong presence. After a couple of hours pootling along in this manner a delicate smokiness emerges - the vetiver - before settling down into an androgenous sort of lemony-woody hum.

It smells nice enough to be sure, redolent of the fresh linen sheets in an eastern hotel room, or, rather, an expensive version of those little hot flannels that you get in up-market Indian restaurants to clean your mucky face with. But isn't that just the problem? To my nose this reads somehow less as a perfume than it does a pleasant fragrance; a little too soapy, a little too heavy on the lemongrass.

It shares something of the same character as Grey Vetiver, but whereas the latter I would gladly spritz on myself, Smuggler's Soul I'd rather put on my hand-towels.

Good, but not for me.

06 October, 2014 (Last Edited: 07 October, 2014)

Darvant's avatar

Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne by Helmut Lang

Helmut Lang EdC for Men is an amazing fragrance which combines a multifaceted powdery-laundry, heliotropic and vaguely earthy (in a typical Etro's style) chypre neo classic approach with a brand's (trademark) minimalistic conceptualism (which does not actually hamper the perception of a really kaleidoscopic congeries of detectable olfactory nuances). How can I express my feeling? This fragrance is really clean-laundry, freshly green-floral-soapy, musky and exotic. Since the beginning I feel the musks (a wonderful labdanum for sure), an unmistakable eliotrope connected with chypre powder (powdery woods plus tonka), a white rosey laundry radiancy, a touch of wax, clouds of talky soapiness, animalic amber and a burnt licorice/earthy patchouli like arcane undertone which I connect to the Etro's tradition (which can be captured for instance in scents as Sandalo or Shaal Nur). I detect also on me a warmer (and almost pungent/salty like the smell of skin burnt by sun) typical organic "baby clean skin-like" powdery effect. The fist whiff on skin is one of the best moments since a touch of bergamot, aromatic herbs (fresh lavender and salty-aromatic rosemary in particular) introduce an upcoming heavenly articulated aura of muskiness, earthiness, talkiness and finally soapiness. The floral notes are ghostly, somewhat undiscernible and subtle. The dry down is vaguely animalic chypre and comforting (still discreet and dry). Effectively, despite the complexity of the olfactory spectrum, the final aroma seems like "padded in the blurred diaphane time of childhood" but avantgard, minimalistic and conceptual at same time (white, spacious empty New York's lofts comes on mind, the walls expose huge unframed modern art pictures). I agree with Alfarom (minimalistic but never simplistic). A great great piece of classic and discreet intimate elegance at top.
    P.S: over a couple of hours the powdery eliotrope jumps on the stage mastering as counteracted by a sort of salty organic warmth. Excellent.

Surreal's avatar

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Although I give it thumb up, I am disappointed with its projection after this heavenly opening....there I thought I found the perfect fresh powdery perfume for spring,autum and maybe summer, its mouth watery sweetness with some foodie notes!
    then turns to something very very subtle that I need to stuck my nose on my wrist to smell,I used more than 4 bottles of it cause I like a lot the opening, but I had to bath with it (more than 10 - 15 sprays ) to get some acceptable projection and I mean that can someone close to me smell it after the first 1-2 hours,longevity is good but only within 10cm distance projection.
    I had the same problem with L'Instant which I also like a lot.

Surreal's avatar

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

If only there was not so intense this Aniseed note from opening until drydown....
    Its an great gourmand that opens up quit fresh with this anise note and dries down to a sweet gourmand that IMO has some common notes with body Kouros which is also excellent scent.
    It has good longevity and projects well ,I think none would have problem about that.

Darvant's avatar

Chevignon by Chevignon

Chevignon is an honest hesperidic/mossy/leathery/cedary fougere which deserves attention and respect. I used to see the bottle on the shelves around in the past (today is hard to retrieve it) but tended to ignore the fragrance which, tested recently, left me pleasantly surprised for dignity and maturity. It is a minimalistic mossy/leathery/earthy herbal recipe supported by initial bergamot (a lemony tone is easily notable) and sharp floral patterns (geranium, rose or carnation) in the core providing a really sharp masculine vibe (vaguely wild, a la El Charro or Ralf Lauren classics). Really stout (but never over the limits) and finally mossy-leathery with someting spicy-earthy and "piquant" which I really like on my skin. Virile, confident, aromatic, vaguely boozy, balanced. Interesting bottle reproducing a whiskey/brandy box I suppose. I highly recommend this american "country-side" style concoction with doesn't accept compromises.

Mitsouko by Guerlain

This is a love it or hate it scent for me and for a number of my friends.

There are days when its earthy, sharp cinnamon/carnation blast seems totally unique and intriguing and other days when I ask myself why I am enjoying smelling like I just rolled around in fresh loam. And I am one of those who can not detect peach in this at all.

What amazes me is that the strong carnation/clove note is not listed in the ingredients. What olfactory trick is being played here.

Top notes: Peach, Bergamot, Hesperides
    Middle notes: Lilac, Rose, Jasmine, Ylang
    Base notes: Vetiver, Amber, Oakmoss, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Black Pepper, Ambergris

I tried very hard to like this classic, but ultimately have decided after using a full 100 ml bottle over 9 months that I will not be replacing it. Wanting to love it, but can't.

nyguy's avatar

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès

Excellent for spring, summer and early fall. In my opinion a much better version of the original Terre d Hermes! Has many similarities to the original EDT version, but longevity is just as good and has an uplifting mood/vibe.

Joy by Jean Patou

A powerhouse feminine classic.

The greenest of roses and the greenest of muguet explode from the bottle, take hold, and never let go. This is one of the most feminine scents ever created and so strong (due to the concentration of essential oils) that a little bit goes a very long way.

Marketed as "the most expensive perfume in the world" at the moment the depression hit, it was a bold and brassy ploy that worked. This is a wildly over the top floral medley that has been copied but never truly duplicated.

Top notes: Peach, Calyx
    Middle notes: Jasmine de Grasse, Bulgarian Rose, Muguet, Tuberose, Ylang, Orchid, Orris
    Base notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Civet

Costly, but economical, since so little is needed to fill a room with scent.

Trayee by Neela Vermeire

Genre: Woody Oriental

Trayee is a fascinating scent: a kind of Indian dessert with a subtle overlay of pot. It’s like eating cardamom-and-saffron rice pudding while your brother-in-law enjoys his bong in the next room. The cardamom, saffron, and vanilla far outlast the cannabis note, giving way in turn to a drydown of vanillic amber, incense, creamy sandalwood, and leathery notes. I detect none of the listed oudh or oakmoss.

Trayee is a complex scent, yet subtle, a gourmand, yet not overly sweet. I enjoy it and recommend that fans of creamy vanillic fragrances give it a try.

bFlay's avatar

Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Creed's overblown ego reveals itself again with Neroli Sauvage. This is nice enough, a bold cedar and citrus fragrance that reads pure and lasts 7+ hours on skin. Not that unique however and you can find the same profile and qualities for far less. The exorbitant price for Creed fragrances is entirely for the name and how many people carry around the bottle to show where there cologne came from?

Olympia Music Hall by Histoires de Parfums

Genre: Green Floral

Bright hesperidic top notes quickly give way to a lilac, peony, and rose-fronted green floral bouquet, set in stark contrast to an underlying blend of frankincense, suede-like leather, and amber. These two olfactory masses are bound together by potent white musks. The result is an elusive structure that shifts back and forth between floral and incense before settling into a clean musk and amber skin scent drydown.

I’m not sure I like the floral component here, which (like many a lilac-themed bouquet,) can at times suggest room air freshener. Nevertheless, with its shifty nature, Olympia Music Hall holds my interest into the drydown, which is more than I can say about many fragrances I sample. Certainly a fragrance worth trying.

Note: Don’t be fooled by sampling Olympia Music Hall on paper, where it smells like a chemical aquatic green floral and laundry detergent musk. The resins that add so much interest to the composition emerge much more emphatically on skin.

PerfumeCollector's avatar

John Varvatos STAR USA by John Varvatos

I love all the J Varvatos perfumes I've tried, the original, Vintage, Artisan, etc..., but this one leaves me cold. It smells like hundreds of other perfumes that I call "generic" that smell like any cheap drugstore cologne with no personality.
    A total disappointment, not only is generic, but no sillage and lousy longevity.
    Pass on this one.

Kaern's avatar

La Fumée Maroc by Miller Harris

The least 'souk' like of the three fragrances imo.

Very fruity opening which melds into nice woody phase -- the rose isn't very prominent though.

The overriding impression is of smoke and incense and for those who like this accord -- you will love this. For me, Maroc has a slightly bitter feel to the drydown.

Nevertheless, a worthy flanker to the already nice La Fumee. Stupidly priced.

Numéro Cinq by Molyneux

Barbara Herman once again describes a vintage scent perfectly:

“smells like stewed fruit and rich flowers resting on a vanillic and ambery-spicy base, kissed with orris.”

Top: Bergamot
    Heart: Iris, Plum, Carnation, Ylang, Neroli
    Base: Labdanum, Orris, Patchouli, Amber, Vanilla, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

I was lucky enough to obtain a 1/6 oz. unopened vial of pure parfum from the 1950s decade.

This is one of the past century's great chypres. Legend has it that Molyneux and Chanel agreed to both come out with a No. 5 and since Chanel's won the popularity contest, Molyneux had to change the name of his to Le Parfum Connu (The Known Perfume).
    This doesn't hold up for me, since my vial comes from the 1950s and one would think that Chanel would have forced the issue decades earlier. The more believable story is that Molyneux simply named it after the street number of one of his residences.

In any case, this is quite simply superb. A feast for the olfactory glands and further proof that the first half of the prior century was the golden age of great perfumes.

Immensely worth seeking out on Ebay.

Amber Jewels by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Oh my God, this is incredible. Lovers of amber and ambergris in fragrances owe themselves to smell something like Amber Jewels at least once in their life, if only to establish some kind of benchmark for quality and complexity. The notes for this fragrance on Basenotes list only ambergris, but if I am not mistaken, I smell a lot of amber in the later stages of the scent too. The opening is pure marine air, thick, pungent, and hyper-clean like disinfectant - but oddly pleasurable to the nose, not challenging or rough in the slightest. It smells huge with a capital H, like a hulking great block of dusty rock, baking in the sun, all sea minerals, salt, flint, and ozone. Bracing stuff, like sea air itself.

And yet, under the dusty minerals and the boatloads of sea salt, there is something balsamic moving underneath, keeping everything moist. This comes across to my nose as something thick and tarry and black - it almost smells like the petroleum honk of jasmine concentrate or something, although I know there is no jasmine here. But there is something black and rubbery here, providing a dense, smokey, tarry feel that sits under the marine notes like insulation. All this is immensely pleasurable. It adds an element of smoke and tar to the salt and marine air. If this is ambergris, then it is complex, sweet and salty, and rather sensual.

The ambergris is eventually joined by a thick, barely sweetened, rather masculine amber accord, which feels a bit leathery (perhaps there is labdanum here) and somewhat rubbery. It adds roundness to the scent, and shaves off some of the sharper edges off the salt and rock minerals feel of the ambergris. The amber-ambergris accord remains salted, though, and never becomes sweet or lush or too comfortable (it is not, for example, a toffee-like amber such as the one you get in Ambre Precieux). Rather, it retains a woody, salty, slightly rough edge that I think would be immensely appealing to anyone who likes their amber scents on the masculine side of things. Although it is not equivalent or even similar in smell, Ambra Meditteranea by Profumi del Forte, has a similar masculine, rough feel to it, so people who like that one might also consider this worth checking out.

I have to say, though, that Amber Jewels is far more complex and layered than any mainstream or niche amber I have ever tried before, and it is not easy to draw comparisons. I am used to having my amber scents doctored up with herbs and spices (like in Ambre Sultan) or booze and tea (Ambre Russe) or vanilla (Ambre Precieux), but this scent presents amber and ambergris as purely themselves, and the sheer quality of the materials used here (the real stuff, NOT synthetics) is more than enough to showcase all the natural complexity and variations in tones of the amber and ambergris themselves. Incredible stuff, complex as hell, and sitting right at the top of my most wanted list. It's expensive - about $400 per tola - but as with all ASAQ stuff, you get what you pay for. And what you are paying for here seems to be pure ambergris and amber. Nothing more, nothing less. It seems fair to me.

Deer Musk by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

I had written an earlier review of this but put it in the wrong place (under Royal Musk Gazelle). But aside from the confusion in names, there also seems to be a bit of confusion over batch variations in this one, the Deer Musk. Apparently, ASAQ have two batches of this floating around - an aged/macerated version, and a lighter version. The earlier sample I tested was very dark, sticky, and almost feral, whereas my current sample of Deer Musk (from another source) is lighter in color, more liquid, and a great deal milder than what I had experienced the first time around.

Anyway, I quite like this version of Deer Musk. It goes on lighter than my previous sample, is less sticky, and later on in the scent's development, I can actually pick up on some of the ambery tones here, and also a sweet, almost grassy note in the late drydown (if CPOs can be said to have a traditional 'drydown' at all - actually, it's more like a gradual fading out of the central accord). However, make no bones about it, the first two hours are taken up with an unmistakable fecal tang. It's the type of fecal tone you get in Muscs Khoublai Khan, but whereas MKK gives off a ferocious fecal yowl for the first five minutes and then starts to pile on the roses, cream, and cozy castoreum to take the sting out of its tail somewhat, Deer Musk is a dirty musk completely unadorned (for the first hour or two at least).

Honestly, I love Muscs Khoublai Khan as much for the way it steers away from a purely fecal tone, and so I decided to play around with the Deer Musk to see if I could layer it successfully with other oils and perfumes. Taking a leaf out of MKK's playbook, which pairs rose with musk, I first tried applying a drop of Amouage's Rose TRO (Turkish Rose Absolute) over a smear of Deer Musk. What an amazing combination this turned out to be! Rose TRO added a creamy, sweet rose accord that softened the blunt force of the dark musk, and the musk added a dark, almost feral undertone to the rose that brought it into animalic rose chypre territory. The Deer Musk provided the requisite darkness and complexity that the rose had been crying out for. Amazing. All it needed was a bit of civet and the scent would approach the soiled-underwear feel of the glorious Rose Poivree (the vintage version) by The Different Company.

My other experiment was to layer the Deer Musk under a drop of Ghoroub (Ghroob) perfume oil from Arabian Oud. This was also good, although perhaps not as sublime as the first blend. But on balance, I found that the Deer Musk again added a creamy, fecal undertow to the innocent, sugary orange blossoms of the Ghoroub oil, rendering it far naughtier than it had any right to be. I always think of Ghoroub oil as a sunny, innocent, happy scent that would be perfect for daytime outings with the family and so on, but the addition of the Deer Musk brought the whole thing into night-time seduction territory. Very nice!

On the whole, I think it would be very interesting to have a tola of this in my collection, not to wear as a standalone per se (I prefer the more rounded composition of MKK for my dark musk needs), but as a layering agent to add a layer of darkness, complexity, and yes, creamy fecal warmth to other, more innocent, sweet floral blends and attars in my collection.

Sweet Blue Amber by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Amazing stuff! I have to admit, the first time I tried this, I wasn't too impressed. The opening howl of civet struck me as foul, and the body of the scent - a warm, animalic amber with salty/marine inflections - did not seem to contain the depth or richness I had subconsciously been hoping for. But in the time between my first and second tests, two things happened to change my opinion.

First off, I began testing some of ASAQ's more animalic ouds and high-end, challenging blends, which put Sweet Blue Amber firmly in perspective. Now testing it again, I could see that the civet-y start was not really that challenging, and that, as a standalone, it developed into a warm, salty, skin-like scent that merged with the smell of my own skin to form this very natural sweet, vaguely sexy scent. Very nice.

Second, I had started, in the meantime, to play around with some of the oils marked as suitable for blending or as fixatives for other scents. In the Arab world, it is common practice to use certain oils as bases or fixatives for other perfume oils, attars, or even in some cases, more traditionally Western spray perfumes. In this manner, I began to experiment with three of the oils in my sample pack that the seller specifically noted as being excellent bases or fixatives - Sweet Blue Amber, the Deer Musk, and the Body Musk Blend. Let me tell you, the results are mind-blowing.

Sweet Blue Amber, like the Deer Musk and the Body Musk, is a material just begging out to be used intelligently and thoughtfully as a base or fixative. It's just a question of mixing and matching (or sometimes deliberately contrasting) certain notes in the base oil with notes in the other scent. With Sweet Blue Amber, I wondered whether it might be possible to breathe new life into either current scents that were missing a warm, skanky, ambery feel that fragrance fans often complain is missing in this day and age (compared to vintage scents which had all the advantages of nitro-musks, real oakmoss, civet, etc.). To test out my theory, I applied Sweet Blue Amber on one wrist and then a drop of modern Shalimar pure parfum on top of that. On my other wrist, I applied a drop of vintage Shalimar pure parfum onto bare skin (no base oil).

Oh my God, you guys. The result was jaw-dropping. I'm not saying that the Sweet Blue Amber made the current Shalimar extrait smell exactly like the vintage, no. But I can say that the version with the current Shalimar extrait layered over Sweet Blue Amber was miles better than the vintage version. If Jacques Guerlain once said that all his perfumes contained something of his mistress' undercarriage in them, then this blend would have made even him blush. It smells utterly carnal, filthy in the best way, the ferocious civet of the Sweet Blue Amber glowing hotly through the smokey vanilla of Shalimar, like tires set on fire at a bacchanal. I found that the Sweet Blue Amber also had the effect of 'fixing' the extrait on my skin so that it lasted a few hours more than the vintage version.

But most importantly, I think that a bottle of Sweet Blue Amber could be a brilliant, DIY solution to fixing modern versions of scents that could do with a dose of old-fashioned animalics, or even adjusting the civet level of some older vintage scents. Sweet Blue Amber turned my current Shalimar extrait from a purring kitty into a howling alley-cat, but equally, it could be used to boost the skanky elements of, for example, vintage Bal a Versailles EDT, which contains less civet/animalics than the EDC. Think of all the bottles of scent in your wardrobe that you could 'fix' with this! The possibilities seem endless to me. As for me, I am utterly convinced, and will be trying to sell off my 5ml bottle of vintage Shalimar extrait forthwith to put aside funds for a tola of Sweet Blue Amber.

Reggie V's avatar

Aoud Leather by Montale

Montale's only true masculine fragrance. But both longevity and projection disappointing.

Viffer's avatar

Occhio di Tigre by Baldi

Baldi Occhio Di Tigre was created by Enzo Galardi for the famous home luxury jewellers Baldi.

It opens with an aniseed and slightly spicy fruity affair with a clean, somewhat metallic edge. It has some facets which are very similar to Armani's Prive Ambre Soie.

It soon shifts into a soft, slightly fruity, woody/ floral with some spicy herbal hints. The initial aniseed, now morphing into a liquorice note that stays for the duration with varying degrees of intensity.

The scent then dries to a slightly sweet fruity, woody/vanilla with hints of nuts and amber.

Very comforting, pleasant, cosy and relaxing experience throughout the trip.

This collection from Baldi is not cheap but, the use of excellent quality ingredients is obvious from the word go. The scent feels luxurious and, masterfully blended.

Longevity is about 10 hours on my skin, with moderate projection and siliage.

Highly recommended.

rbaker's avatar

Emporio Armani City Glam for Him by Giorgio Armani

The top notes are an astringent orange that is softened by a bit of white pepper aroma and, a bit later in the drydown, a fairly mild ginger note. This lasts for the first couple of hours and is quite pleasant, albeit not hiding its overtly synthetic characteristics. After that it goes downhill, developing into a faceless generic concoction worthy of a deodorant at best. Sillage and projection are not very good, but the longevity I get reaches nearly seven hours - not that his makes the later phases any more attractive. The top notes lift it to a neutral score. Armani has done much better than that.

Liambambiggy's avatar

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Very good juice from Bvgari. I searched for this high and low at Ross and was very happy when I purchased it. It's everything I expected from Bvgari with a scent of rubber vanilla, tea, and jasmine. Buy the biggest one you can find. Can definitely be an everyday scent and is unisex but you can tell this is geared towards a man. Very light and very safe with a little bit of driving through a red light.