Latest Perfume Reviews

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren

An elegant fragrance that doesn't last very long. It's also not very masculine for my taste.

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

It's a good beginner's fragrance. It's a pleasant but shallow scent that gets old very quickly.

Extreme Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

I really miss this fragrance. It had a sharp, masculine scent that always got me many compliments. If I could find something similar I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Envy for Men by Gucci

It's very strong and very musky... maybe too much... but if you want to get noticed (and complimented) then Envy is for you.

Cool Water by Davidoff

It's a fresh, clean and pleasant smell that almost universally liked. The only down side is that it's almost universally worn by every one.
Shycat Show all reviews

Love In White by Creed

My decant of Love in White arrived and I do like it. It is light and delicate, in a sharp kind of way. It brings to mind a Japanese flower arrangement, where a few blossoms accent a small, bare branch. I feel a sense of restraint, a mininalist elegance.
Orange zest gives a unisex impression to the opening, very crisp. The rice is a woody note that is sweetened and softened only some by the jasmine and rose. If it were a bit less delicate. a tad less soprano this one would unisex throughout. I prefer a more floral scent for the most part, but LIW makes a relaxing change, a withdrawal from excess that is quite calming.

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

I really, really wanted to like this and was very much looking forward to it. Sadly, it's not me. It's a very good scent in the sense that it's well made and you can get all the notes and some blend just perfectly a they flow into one another. That it has flowers? I like a scent for men that has flowers in the first place and given that houses are too afraid to roll them out, i congratulate Dior. But as i said, it's not me. It's sweet in the way i dont like sweet and it lasted more than i ever wanted it to last and yeah people WILL notice you and say: what are you wearing? it's almost popcorn caramel-y for me (not that it has any) and also i smell what is it brandy? i guess...
I respect this eau de toilette...from afar.

Escada by Escada

So is it a light floral? not really. is it aquatic? not really. is it summery? hmmm is it i gues it is ... I could not make anything out from this scent other than it's one of the nicest green-blue-cristal-clear scents out there. Now why is that? because for example, in a tropical country, this is heavenly. to wear this in the fall or in winter? what's the use? It's too fresh for it. Some think it might be generic but i have tested many many in a similar "line" and this stands out everytime. Maybe it's because it's an eau de parfum instead of an eau de toilette. At least it's not another special edition that escada likes to make every year and that adds little to their collections. This one is a winner just cause it's lovely, clean and classy compared to others is the same line. if you like this one you might also like VanC&Arpels's Hiver, even if they are different , they both share a blueish aura scent for the ones who like water and air and all things clear-blue that i like so much.

Par Amour by Clarins

Hmm i am not really a fan of Par amour as i much rather prefer Par amour Toujours. But , still this is a nice one, it's simple and straightforward "grownup" female scent. People who don't like bezoin beware. I like it but it's not a Wow! fragrance.

So Givenchy by Givenchy

Here are the notes: Vegetal, Kumquat, Cassis, Magnolia, Peony, Stephanotis, White Cedar, Musk, Amber.
I smelled this delicate pink puppy at some duty-free a while ago and it was fresh flowery , pinkish, sparkly and soft-velvety , very suited for the happy go lucky in all of us. I don't get to see this very often in regular stores but it's quite nice. It doesn't break any new grownds though..

Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera

This is really good , Carolina makes good scents in general, but i still prefer Herrera for men. This Chic for Men is heavy in the sense that if you put it on your clothes, it will last for days. On your skin it will stay forever as well. The fruityness and the sweetness are very well balanced with the woody and spicy elements. It's great for a fresher day than a sunny warm day cause if it's warm, the fragrance will jump out even more.
Very good.

Emporio Armani Night He by Giorgio Armani

I really like this one. I think is the best of all the EA He scents(normal,white and night). It's sweet but not so much, it's sexual as well, i like the way it lasts and it feels like hot smoke with some fruits. I do not like the bottle, do not like the packing, and the spray it's not the best either. The smell makes up for all of that.

Miracle Homme by Lancôme

This is one of my frags that i wear out the most. It's fresh yet sweet but not overtly sweet, just the right amount. It has a nice fruity note to it oo. The red pepper gives it a spark and the drydown is superb. For everyday use is the best way to wear this i think. I have had many great compliments from it.

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

My favorite frag. ever. I just have to have it when i run out of it. I dont care if people think it smells like a gas station. I have had only good comments from it from the "you smell nice" to the "you smell so good i want to sleep with you", it just works with my skin.

Original English Lavender / English Lavender by Yardley

Good ol' Yardley's lavender! I like this one because it remids me of fresh mediterranean lavander fields in a breezy morning. It has that right hint of manly cleanliness and at the same time it's that flowery thing that makes it so right, it's fresh when sprayed at first and dries down as a soft woody musky real comfortable smell. It doesn't last a great deal on the skin, but just reapply for another burst and then magic scenaries develop once again.

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711

For a hot day, when everything else fails, i use this one and it makes me feel much better, happier and cleaner. The lemos is fresh and not really bitter. The middle notes round all the others out and the base notes are just as fresh. Too bad ti doesn´t last longer.Better splash it on yourself.

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

Great bottle. Is this a good scent? YES! I guess it's cause it remids me of my mother and of a perfect weather in a spring afternoon in a valley of flowers. Light? nop it's not very light and the logevity is good too. It's very much a classic and hasn't lost the allure it draws on some people.It might be a bit heady for some too. But I just love it. Unmistakable fragrance.

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin

I am not so sure about the top notes as they might be almost metallic. it might be the lemon. But stay with it for a couple of minutes (on the skin) and then the quality of it all develops and blossoms and the beauty of it it's blinding. A very full and floral heart and it's sensual with out ever being tacky, it's luminous and shimmery and please stay for the base notes and the soft musks and the amber and the white cedar will just caress you.The longevity is very good. I have the eau de parfum so this review is related to that one. I hope this one becomes more famous! I love also both the original and the reformulated versions of Arpège.

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

Tresor is strong,sweet, has lots of personality, character, etc. I do not like it.There is just something that is not really my cup of tea there. It's such a simple scent but very interesting as well. People will remember you!

Calèche Eau de Toilette by Hermès

This , i think is the best Hermes fragrance, followed closely by Un jardin sur le Nil. This is a refined, woody, mossy frag. I don't know if anyone would wear this at an specific time of day or night but i have smelled this in a hot weather at daytime and it works fine as well. The ingredients are top notch: lemon, bergamot, neroli, lily of the valley, vetiver, cedarwood, sandalwood and i think it has rose and iris too.

Eau de Santal by Floris

Bought this from londons.com. It's outstanding. It's not very unique, but you cannot go wrong with this scent. Everyone loves it around me.. received compliments on this all the time. It's got a bit of incense to it, but also smells slightly like Gucci's Envy (other reviews are right)--but without that "chemical stench.."

Muschio / Musk by Santa Maria Novella

SMN is truly a classy company.. and their products are a cut above the rest. This Musk is elegant, casual, and refined all at once. It has tremendous sillage, so a bottle should last years (don't use a lot). At first it smells cheap, but after 2 minutes, you realize this Musk is the best Musk out there.. it smells very natural and lasts 24 hours (on me). Highly recommended.

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

This is really a great fragrance.. but why does Creed state that Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin wear the stuff? I doubt they do, and IF they do, it's almost enough reason to make me avoid creed. I bought a tester from scentiments.com and have to say this scent is outstanding. It's a shame Creed is such a gimmicky company.. if they need J-Lo to sell their products, it's simply sad. You would never see SMN or L'Artisan stooping so low.

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

This is the best citrus I have ever smelled. It starts off a bit like L'eau D'Issey, but (thankfully, IMHO) it mellows out to something absolutely amazing. The perfect summer scent.

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

My mother loves this scent. For me, it's headache in a bottle. Very pungent and piercing smell. Very cloying too. Not a fan of dry, chyprey scent.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Nomad Tea by Comme des Garçons

Nomad Tea is an exception in the otherwise rather foody and gourmand Sweet Series line. It's very herbal and aromatic and reminds me a bit of Gobin Daudé Biche dans l'Absinthe with its artemisia note but is less serious and grand and more playful. I love the way the sweetness kicks in when it dries down, to quote Mary Poppins: "just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in a most delightful way..."

Musk by Lorenzo Villoresi

A very good scent. Starts out with a strong floral scent that is not overpoweringly sweet because of the creamy musk base. The scent fades into a warm inviting scent that is a must have. The best part is that it is lasting. 2 very very small daps on my wrist lasted over 6 hours noticeably.

Marc Jacobs for Men by Marc Jacobs

Shockingly mediocre. Drydown smells like cheap soap. Don't know why they bothered with this one. The rest of my sample vial is going in the trash.

Par Amour Toujours by Clarins

If you like raspberries, this one is for you. Don´t be fooled by the "for little girls" things, this fragrance is fresh and sweet, but not overly so, i`m 28 and i love it.

Route du Vétiver by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

After I tried it again and again, I love it!
You must grow with him. Route du Vetiver is so dark, so wet and melancholic.
It is not for every day but for the most days in autum and winter.