Latest Perfume Reviews

Perceive for Men by Avon

A poor man's Eau d Issey Miyake. Nice similar citrus, not overbearing, not ugly. Very nice summery scent. Not overly long lasting, but for the price, not a bad buy.
26th March, 2004

Rochas Lui by Rochas

one of best fragrances in 2003. fresh, green, chypre. imo, much better than gucci pour homme, but rochas never had that popularity in media as gucci. nevermind, this one by rochas is high class.

Hugo by Hugo Boss

Reminds you of the mountains due to the pine scent. Very unique and has a distinct identity compared to other fragrances. Another classic!

Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This fragrance have aged a lot. The smell is out of date and not quite pleasing. But it's the only original fragrance made by Armani to this date.

Kanøn by Kanon

Has a woodsy, mountain fragrance to it. Has a little sharp note to it. Overall, different from the many citrus-woody clones today.

Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg

Sweet smelling and long lasting.

Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart

It starts off with heavy oriental woody smell, which is not for everyone. The dry out is nice. It took quite awhile before I took a liking to it.

Braggi by Long Lost Perfume

Strong smelling perfume with heavy leathery and tobaccao scent. In the mold of Polo.

Allure Homme by Chanel

A Classy scent and long-lasting. Has a definite identity that differentiates itself from other fragrances.

Himalaya by Creed

This Himalaya is absolutely stunning. Of the hundred or so fragrances I've tried this past year, this is definitely on of the most enjoyable and compelling ever. Himalaya is the first Creed that I've ever wanted at any price.
The only thing I will add to the excellent reviews here is my wholehearted recommendation that you try this.
Himalaya is very contemporary, complex, and just gets better and better.

Vétiver by Annick Goutal

This scent is stunning! IMHO, the reviews below are increadibly accurate in describing the warmth and richness that make this scent nothing short of blissful.
21st March, 2004

Moustache by Rochas

This really is my favorite Citrus (Lemon) scent. Its very fresh, very soft, very gentle and long lasting. Its great on a hot day when lounging around at home.

Aquaman by Rochas

My girlfriend bought this for me on our first shopping trip together. Its peppery, and very smart, but it fades in a few hours. Its great as a work-based top up.

Mesmerize for Men by Avon

Bought this cheap based on reviews here. This crap is horrible! THen I read that someone said it smells like Joop, and I wish I read that first. WOW what a stinker! Flowery, cheap smelling refuse. Headache city. Apple, myrrh, etc in the notes? Dang, must be apples from some other planet, cuz these are bad! My advice? Don't buy!

CerrutiSí by Cerruti

fresh, airy, leathery, herbacious scent. very, very light, gone for 5 minutes.

Nikos by Nikos

semioriental, fruty scent, it reminds me of ROCHAS MAN or ARMANI NIGHT but much lighter. generally, nothing special.

Monsieur de Rauch by Rauch

Monsieur De Rauch is still my favourite fragrance, it's a subtile melange of exiting freshness due to bergamot and petitgrain in contrast to cedarwood and an erotic touch of amber, sometimes can still be found in Italy!

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

While there are scents I enjoy equally as much as this, for depth and richness of fragrance it just doesn't get any better. This is a wonderful, vibrant, incredibly beautiful fragrance. Frankly, if someone doesn't like it that wouldn't matter in the slightest. I do. Many many many thumbs up.
18th March, 2004

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

As horrible as Angel by Mugler. Smells virtually identical and just as cloying and nauseating.
18th March, 2004

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

I tried and it'll do. It's not my favorite but I would try the concentrated version if I can find for the cologne is just too weak. I never understand the comments about "aren't we over the 90's or it's not the 80s". If something smells good it smells good - period, doesn't matter when it was created.
17th March, 2004

Coriolan by Guerlain

I was glad to hear this was discontinued. I found this repelling. It smelled like perfume that had soured, and this was a fresh bottle I smelled. How awful.
17th March, 2004

Kenzoair by Kenzo

KezoAir is fresh, floral, woody eua de parfum. Nothing new, and far away from originality of others Kenzo fragrances. Save your money (40 EUR for 30ml EdP) and try one of these: Salvatore Ferragamo, Cartier Declaration, Fendi Theorema or Givenchy Pour Homme. And if you want to smell "realy airy", choose Davidoff Echo or Nivea Bath Care-4 elements Air.(grooming)

British Sterling by Dana

Boy this is a stinker. Remember getting this as a gift years ago and was devastated. It's incredible to read what fragrance notes are in this and then to smell the fragrance itself. With all the wonderful ingredients you would sort of think it would smell better than it does. But it doesn't.

CerrutiSí by Cerruti

CerrutiSi is a very nice, if subtle, new scent from Cerruti. It's subtle in the same way Burberry Touch is subtle. It has a very fresh and clean scent that's made distinctive, by the warmer notes in the dry down. It will make a very nice summer scent. It't worth a try. Josh Augustt 4-16-04 USA

Tam Dao Eau de Toilette by Diptyque

One of my faves. This is a clean fresh scent with crips topnotes that mellow beautifully into a full and grounded sandalwood. Though the sandalwood most suerly dominates, this is not a simple scent, but confidently and cleverly complex. A very slight pinch of sweetness with no cloying heaviness keeps this fragrance from being too sharp. A comforting, clean, and attracting scent for all genders.

Spark for Men by Liz Claiborne

Spark is a long lasting, very classy, evening fragrance(IMO)which has elevated Claiborne scents to a higher level of creativity (and acclaim). A different direction from the Curve days, yet just as enjoyable. Spark will come through for you if you are careful with it's application.

New West for Him by Aramis

New West is the best summer fragrance I ever had. I often travell to Austria and Germany but the problem is that this fragrance is not avalaible in this countries. Bring it back!!!!!

Krizia Uomo by Krizia

Krizia Uomo is one of the first fragrances I had. Very original scent,fresh and spicy. Real italian.

Still by Jennifer Lopez

Light, effervescent floral with a citrusy champagne-like top note. Fresh and sweet, strong note of black tea, and woody. Reminds me of a short-lived fragrance called "Sassy" which was launched nearly 20 years ago by now-defunct Sassy Magazine. Much, much better than the horrifically soapy "Glow".
14th March, 2004

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

Tresor comes on strong. It is woody, smoky, with a hint of bitterness. Lighter elements become apparent as it wears, and fizzy, soda like green notes dissapate to reveal tenacious Oriental undertones. The tiered Art Deco Bottle is classic and gorgeous. However, the ad campaigns lost a great deal when they nixed Isabella Rossellini.
14th March, 2004