Latest Perfume Reviews

Vetiver by Guerlain

I finally got this one and i am really glad i did!It is evolving quite nicely on me!I love it and has now become one of my top 5! When i initially tried it last week i was not overly impressed but thanks to your numerous posts on this fabulous scent i gave it another chance and will never regret it!
27th August, 2001

Présence by Montblanc

The fragrance is rich yet fresh long lasting but not over powering. I think this is a really great early fall scent perfect for work to causal to dress.
The bottle truly a work of art, right to the spray that if you look closely is the Mont Blanc trade mark star.
It is the middle notes of heliotrope that gives it that sensual almond aroma. Very seductive indeed. Jaipar Homme uses heliotrope very heavily which is another favorite scent of mine but this scent takes it much lighter.
This scent is I feel for a more mature male 26 to 40. An established person with direction. Though I don't bar it from the young but I feel a 15-18 year old would have problems pulling this one off.
25th August, 2001 (last edited: 02nd September, 2001)

Higher by Christian Dior

The scent smells like a light carbon copy of Tommy. It is a very light scent but last a while. I am so surprised at Dior, Farhenhiet was so cutting edge at it time yet this Higher is just like everything else and more geared toward a 18 to 24 crowd. Sad.

Pasha Fraîcheur Menthe by Cartier

It is fresh, clean and wicked minty.

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

I tried BLV today at sax for the first time. HUGE LET DOWN!!

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Today I received my B L V homme by Bvlgari with much anticipation.
With greedy enthusiasm I open the box to find a shinny metallic blue box inside! Inside the blue box a heavy hefty wedged clear bottle with a blue square painted on the front (BLV Homme) and back (Bvlgari). The cap is brushed silver. Very plain very sophisticated very Bulgari.
Cresting on a fragrance high I sprayed the scent on my arm!
Disappointment : ( !!Crash!!
The scent is not what I anticipated or dreamed. It is very bright fresh and greatly resembof hair shampoo. The scent is very light and hugs the skin the same way the original Bulgari Pour Homme does, in order to smell my arm I need to put my nose into it. On the down dry green spices and I believe a bamboo note comes out. A scent thats been done before or resembles ones done before. I really thought Bulgari would break away from the past and come out with something different. I guess Black was too off the wall for them so they laid back to the past and stayed with the original Pour Homme structure.
24th August, 2001

Pour Un Homme by Caron

unique for these times ... very floral and vanilla not very much sillage more of a light skin scent for an edt.
23rd August, 2001 (last edited: 17th January, 2012)

Yatagan by Caron

This is an awesome scent. But a very acquired taste.

Pour Un Homme by Caron

Excellent and excellent.

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

Today is my first "Michael" day - it's a great scent and has me anticipating autumn, when I think the cooler temps will do even more interesting things with the scent. It's a bit heavy in the beginning and I was a little concerned that it might be too much for the office, but the drydown is wonderful!

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

I Love it!!! Really!! You guys will find this effervescent, warm gingery juice to be very Mediterranean in composition ( very Italian!!!) It does remind me of Kiton Napoli and Minotaur with a cool gingery bite to it!
22nd August, 2001

Cristobal pour Homme by Balenciaga

This is a very true, rich Oriental. It is in the same genre as Joop Homme...but its far more subdued, and much lighter. I find that it lasts without being overdone, and gets very favorable comments! Its definately worth spritzin'!!:-)
21st August, 2001 (last edited: 02nd September, 2001)

Holy Smoke by Demeter Fragrance Library

I really enjoy ŒHoly Smoke¹ -incense, some light florals, oak (reminiscent of church pews). It's far from obtrusive and quite interesting :)
21st August, 2001

Aztek (original) by Yves Rocher

I don't know about this Aztec scent. It smells like a Pez candy at first. Then cinnamon starts coming out and now my hand smell like a hot ball candy.

Aztek (original) by Yves Rocher

Yeah, this is spicy stuff! I like it OK but it is not my favourite of the Yves Rocher scents. My favourites were Samarkande and Trimaran (unfortunately discontinued) and Homme Nature which is one of the very few aquatic-fresh fragrance I can stand.

Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Right now i am using it and to me it is not very good. However, It is strong and remains for almost half a day but again not very impressive to me. As far as bottle is concerned its too very shaky being rest on its head having small base, fell oftenly.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

One of the best perfume i have ever applied. Like other good perfumes it remains whole day. Plus, one can apply it for every occasion. Its worth haviing.

Eau de Quinine by Crown Perfumery

I hate it! Stinks like medicine for malaria!
19th August, 2001

Présence by Montblanc

yeck yumm yeck yumm yeck that is my reaction to the PEN company's fragrance!!!! It starts off bad then evolves nicely into a smooth light scent then dries into an artificial aroma then becomes interesting when its various notes start to dance around and finally just ends on an artificial note. I did link the lingering mint note in it.
17th August, 2001

Moustache by Rochas

Moustache is very nice and is a citrusy mossy scent.

Monsieur Rochas by Rochas

Monsieur Rochas was a particular favourite of mine for many years during my 20's. It is a classic dry fougere.

Globe by Rochas

Globe has a beautiful presentation - a globe naturally. The scent has a odd fruity odour - I think it is fig. Very unusual.

Pasha Fraîcheur Menthe by Cartier

LOVE the minty topnotes!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm! Like a York Peppermint pattie!!!!
14th August, 2001

Tailoring by Clinique

I had totally forgotten about this fragrance. I purchased it because I had used Aromatics Elixir for a while and was glad to know that Clinique had released a men's cologne. I still have some left (somewhere, packed away in a box). Hm-mm-mm...I'm curious again...I'll have to dig it out!
13th August, 2001

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

The scent is very different and rich. Very heavy in tobacco, incense, patchouli and exotic spices. To give you an idea if you ever smelled Angel for woman take away the sweet chocolate and caramel notes and that rich tobacco patchouli bottom notes that are left is very close to Michael.
It is a scent that you catch a whiff and your attracted to it and want to smell your wrist. It is amazing how close they made it to the woman version in its richness and opulent nature the both really complement each other.
I was told the scent moves in three levels and not to rub it let it dry down. The scent does last a little goes a long way. I personally would not wear this scent for work or casual wear its really for cold night going out or romantic times together.
This is the ultimate fall/winter scent!
12th August, 2001

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711

I have seen that bottle and smelled that fragrance for over fifty years. My Grandmother had a large bottle on her dressing table - which only goes to prove that this fragrance is suitable for anyone regardless of sex or age. It's so refreshing and cooling.
11th August, 2001

Tailoring by Clinique

I thought it was great: a really strong eau de cologne scent made from citrus and lavander. (At least that is my recollection.) I waited for it to come to Canada but it was discontinued before I was able to buy. Pity.
10th August, 2001

Rocabar by Hermès

The fragrance lasts and lasts (at least on me). I always seem to smell it on something in my room, on a shirt in my closet or something I've touched. It's a quite unique and pleasant fragrance.
09th August, 2001

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

'Voleur de Roses' is listed as a male or female fragrance...I love it. Very good quality. It doesn't smell feminine or perfumy at all. It releases wonderful, masculine woody notes throughout the day,(IF you like those...).
08th August, 2001

Messe de Minuit by Etro

The is nothing quite like this; it is reminiscent of being in a Roman Catholic Church for High Masss. I have not bought it because I can't think a time that it would be appropriate to wear. It is just too over the top.
07th August, 2001