Latest Perfume Reviews

Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Right now i am using it and to me it is not very good. However, It is strong and remains for almost half a day but again not very impressive to me. As far as bottle is concerned its too very shaky being rest on its head having small base, fell oftenly.
20th August, 2001

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

One of the best perfume i have ever applied. Like other good perfumes it remains whole day. Plus, one can apply it for every occasion. Its worth haviing.
20th August, 2001

Eau de Quinine by Crown Perfumery

I hate it! Stinks like medicine for malaria!
19th August, 2001

Présence by Montblanc

yeck yumm yeck yumm yeck that is my reaction to the PEN company's fragrance!!!! It starts off bad then evolves nicely into a smooth light scent then dries into an artificial aroma then becomes interesting when its various notes start to dance around and finally just ends on an artificial note. I did link the lingering mint note in it.
17th August, 2001

Moustache by Rochas

Moustache is very nice and is a citrusy mossy scent.

Monsieur Rochas by Rochas

Monsieur Rochas was a particular favourite of mine for many years during my 20's. It is a classic dry fougere.

Globe by Rochas

Globe has a beautiful presentation - a globe naturally. The scent has a odd fruity odour - I think it is fig. Very unusual.

Pasha Fraîcheur Menthe by Cartier

LOVE the minty topnotes!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm! Like a York Peppermint pattie!!!!
14th August, 2001

Tailoring by Clinique

I had totally forgotten about this fragrance. I purchased it because I had used Aromatics Elixir for a while and was glad to know that Clinique had released a men's cologne. I still have some left (somewhere, packed away in a box). Hm-mm-mm...I'm curious again...I'll have to dig it out!
13th August, 2001

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

The scent is very different and rich. Very heavy in tobacco, incense, patchouli and exotic spices. To give you an idea if you ever smelled Angel for woman take away the sweet chocolate and caramel notes and that rich tobacco patchouli bottom notes that are left is very close to Michael.
It is a scent that you catch a whiff and your attracted to it and want to smell your wrist. It is amazing how close they made it to the woman version in its richness and opulent nature the both really complement each other.
I was told the scent moves in three levels and not to rub it let it dry down. The scent does last a little goes a long way. I personally would not wear this scent for work or casual wear its really for cold night going out or romantic times together.
This is the ultimate fall/winter scent!
12th August, 2001

4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711

I have seen that bottle and smelled that fragrance for over fifty years. My Grandmother had a large bottle on her dressing table - which only goes to prove that this fragrance is suitable for anyone regardless of sex or age. It's so refreshing and cooling.
11th August, 2001

Tailoring by Clinique

I thought it was great: a really strong eau de cologne scent made from citrus and lavander. (At least that is my recollection.) I waited for it to come to Canada but it was discontinued before I was able to buy. Pity.
10th August, 2001

Rocabar by Hermès

The fragrance lasts and lasts (at least on me). I always seem to smell it on something in my room, on a shirt in my closet or something I've touched. It's a quite unique and pleasant fragrance.
09th August, 2001

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

'Voleur de Roses' is listed as a male or female fragrance...I love it. Very good quality. It doesn't smell feminine or perfumy at all. It releases wonderful, masculine woody notes throughout the day,(IF you like those...).
08th August, 2001

Messe de Minuit by Etro

The is nothing quite like this; it is reminiscent of being in a Roman Catholic Church for High Masss. I have not bought it because I can't think a time that it would be appropriate to wear. It is just too over the top.
07th August, 2001

No. 1 for Men by Clive Christian

The most awesome fragrance I've ever tried is the INSANELY expensive Clive Christian No.1 ($1800+ for 30ml parfum). It is way beyond my budget but is incredibly refined and sophisticated.
07th August, 2001

Good Life by Davidoff

I practicaly bathed in it when I first got it a little over two years ago. I really liked its freshness at the time, and soon after bought the ASB to lengthen its stay on my skin. I guess I burned out on it. Don't get me wrong it's a great scent, but I'm tired of it for now, I think. J.W.
05th August, 2001

L'Anarchiste by Caron

It took me a few days before I really started to appreciate this scent! It is very unique and delicious! The bottle is unique as well. A "living copper" material that develops a rich patina over time.
04th August, 2001

Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

This scent took a few days of me wearing it, to really notice it subtle beauty!! Really, Its so well made and you can detect so many individual notes as well as the total blend! A richness of light fresh coffee, rum, and licorice, cinnamon to sweeten, and a warm sandalwood and ambery leather mix.mmmmm
03rd August, 2001

Vetyver by Jo Malone

Its very appealing. Unlike Guerlain's, its lighter, lemony, and pleasantly reminds me of Armani eau pour homme.
03rd August, 2001

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

Is it possible for there to be an Oriental/Fougere-Woody fragrance? If so, then in my non-expert opinion, I think Xeryus Rouge is it. When I smelled it on paper in the shop, it seemed clearly like an Oriental. But when I wore it, it seemed far more akin to wearing XS or Black Jeans, both of which I also like a lot.
01st August, 2001

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

It has always been tagged as the scent for a man created by a woman. I must admit it is true I have not yet found one woman that would turn up their nose to this scent.
A real floral/woody blend that has a presence and makes you be noticed when worn.
01st August, 2001

Lucky You for Men by Lucky Brand

Reminds me of Curve with a sweeter edge. Very fresh with a little tang. Using this with the matching aftershave balm is perfect for a long casual day of activity. Love the soft rubber cap as it resembles the radio knob in an automobile.
05th July, 2001

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

I got to try Mambo last night and found it to be much more than I expected. At first, the spicy head notes immediately reminded me of muted Catalyst or Pasha, both of which I like. Yet it wasn't long before the scent took a quick change of tempo: perfect for that fast-paced Latin dance motif.
The fragrance architecture made the mid-notes amazingly different than the top notes and yet they did not conflict or distract from the overall rich aroma. The smooth base notes were the final and lasting essences that prolonged the beauty of this newcomer to the arena.
I quite liked the bottle design as well. The quirky little offset about mid-bottle remained true to the Latin dance as it reminded me of slender fo me of slender foorm of the Spanish dancer, hips slightly cocked. Strangely enough, it also reminded me of the confident stance of the matador--cool and poised with red cape in hand; an air of practiced arrogance in the face of peril. The color scheme was also well thought out as it comprises colors of spice and romance. The center of the bottle depicting the flaming orange, yellow, and red colors of high passion. It is obvious that this product's architecture and design was brilliantly devised.
04th July, 2001

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

I approve. Warm, intimate and cloying. Perfect for an outdoor party on a summer Evening or fun on the town. The bottle is a trip. Two colors merging together like a sunset....slanting together at odd angles. A keeper.
02nd July, 2001

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

My first impressions are as follows. Immediately, there is a fresh,clean, musky note that makes me feel comfortable! Its a sexy, soft, velvety smell. It is definately a universal scent in its blend. I keep sniffing myself as its evolving! I thought it would be more spicy!!, and Im glad its not. It has a balanced freshness and warmth!! Can't wait to hear your views:-) Claiborne has another winner!!
29th June, 2001

Cristobal pour Homme by Balenciaga

Cristobal Homme a very very opulent baroque oriental scent. This scent is very well made and accents the woman's version perfectly. The fragrance is rich in tea, amber, golden tobacco, rich coffee, and oriental spices. With this scent containing coffee and amber it is NOTHING like Rochas Man or Angel for men, the latter two are sweet were in Cristobal the coffee gives the scent a very bitter bite, kind of like the bite you find in Joop Homme and Dolce & Gabbana. This is a scent that if you OD on it you could make yourself very ill, it very rich and lingering trail. I would not say this is for the office or casual wear but dress up and not for the summer a must for fall and winter cold days. The scent does come in a lighter version called cologne d' orient which is much fresher and lighter. I love the scent, the bottle is beautiful the fragrance is a unique pale blue/green.
27th June, 2001

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss

It smells good to me, and my girlfriend likes it. The smell reminds me of DK. I'd give it a 5 [out of five].
22nd June, 2001

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

I LOVE THIS!!!!! PERFECT SUMMER SCENT!!! SO fresh and light. YAAAAMMMM!!!! nice lingering herbaceaus notes. I sampled this a while back and have gradually come to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
12th June, 2001 (last edited: 10th August, 2001)

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

I wore it for years in the 80's! It was my signature scent! Now, my signature scent varies from week to week!!lol It is a rich, seductive fragrance that lingers and penetrates the skin! A girl that I knew back then wore it exclusively; because it was Cher's favorite scent!. She was known to wear it, and bathe her boy toys in it as well!! LOL! "If I could turn back time" :-) lol I have to go find the old mini I have of it for a revisit!!:-)
09th June, 2001