Latest Perfume Reviews

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

...Anyway, I am really starting to appreciate this fragrance. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's more complex than the ordinary citrus scents, and it doesn't really smell quite like anything else--I think of it as a citrusey scent backed with a nice smokey, woodsey base. It has a hint of woodsey sweetness without loading up on the vanilla (I'm not a big fan of vanilla), which balances out the fragrance quite nicely.
17th November, 2000

Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

I loved it when I put it on first, but after a while I got very tired of it. There's an unpleasant sharp note lurking around in there somewhere.
17th November, 2000

Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli

I had a small bottle of Gigli some years ago. Very good scent but hard to describe. It's very Italian - full bodied with spice, citrus and wood. I would say there is a strong note of patchouli - probably in the base. A little goes a long way. I am sorry I can't be more specific but it is well made scent. It is probably a fragrance that would not be suitable for someone very young - too sophisticated. Definitely not in the current fresh, clean and oceanic mode!
14th November, 2000

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

Obsession is one of the few Klein fragrances I can tolerate wearing. I enjoy the spicy orange character. Another plus is the thumbs up response from woman. I've always had good results.
12th November, 2000

Stetson Country by Stetson

A little better than the original Stetson. Spicy and woody at the end. Maybe a hint of leather. Makes you want to throw on a ten gallon, some boots and go out for and evening of two steppin'. YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!
11th November, 2000

Happy for Men by Clinique

Sampled this bad boy and I love it. The mandarin and lime sticks around and mixes well with the wood notes at the end. Very fresh. I'll invest in a full bottle soon. It'll be perfect for the warm summer days and nights.
11th November, 2000

Black by Bulgari

Although I like it, I think there is too much vanilla (at least it smells like vanilla to me) for Black to be a men's fragrance, although they say it's unisex. Particularly when time passes and the top notes are gone away. The vanilla (?) in the base notes are too strong. (for a man)
10th November, 2000

cK one "Red Hot Edition" by Calvin Klein

Great idea. More designer houses should pursue the Holiday theme. Adds more novelty. O.K., it's a gimmick, but what the heck!
09th November, 2000

Aramis by Aramis

Aramis is one of those love it or hate it fragrances. You can't smell it from the bottle you have to try this one on. For some reason it gets negative feed back because some people take a bath in it.
08th November, 2000

Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

Tempore Uomo really is good, isn't it? It was a must-have when I first came across it! The assistant in the shop where I bought it was quite surprised that it isn't all that popular. It would be a pity if it didn't survive.
08th November, 2000

Tuscany / Etruscan by Aramis

I had a bottle of Tuscany years ago that I received as a gift. I enjoyed it quite a bit and got great responses from the female persuasion. I finished it or moved and lost it. It's sharp AND powdery. That's the main draw for me. It's great for a romantic evening or any formal occasion.
07th November, 2000

Havana by Aramis

This has to be one of the heaviest fragrances available, so user discretion is advised! In some respects it seems like a much older fragrance than it actually is. Evolves nicely on the skin.
31st October, 2000

Emporio Armani He by Giorgio Armani

I just bought the 1.7 oz. Emporio Armani. It has a woody freshness that doesn't change a whole lot on the dry down. A clean fragrance that would be appropriate for casual use, an evening on the town or in the board room. The container, being aluminum with a rubber spray button on top, is very suitable for travel. Not on the cheap side, but a little goes most of the day
20th October, 2000

Chrome by Azzaro

Absolutely positively intoxicatingly fresh and bursting with citrus. I've found another favorite. It looks exactly like it smells. I acquired a mini bottle of this and it will not last long. I've heard the babes go nuts for this too. Big surprise. I don't believe any guy can go wrong with it.
20th October, 2000

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I acquired a little collectors bottle of this and will soon upgrade to the full size. All the bragging about this one was right on. I love its richness and the way it maintains a sweet tobacco wood sort of aroma at the end. Classy. I'll wear this one to work often as well. I'd put it right up there with Egoiste Platinum.
18th October, 2000

Coriolan by Guerlain

I have tried CORIOLAN and it smells very good, especially after it 'wears down' and your pores start to release the fragrance later during the day. It's unique and different, unlike many of the 'new' fragrances that have been introduced (many smell so similar, that you can't distinguish one from another) Just today, I have had several people say, "...you smell good...what kind of cologne is that?" Even if you use 'a little too much', it is not over bearing.
17th October, 2000

Realm by Realm Fragrances

A very sweet oriental. It has a sort of mellow berry top note that sticks around. A dab will do you. I feel it's most appropriate for an evening out, but it's not completely out of place in a casual daytime setting. Go easy on it. A little dab will do nicely all day. I've had flattering remarks about it, but also wrinkled noses when I accidentally over did it. It has synthetic human pheromone in it and is supposed to give you an increased sense of well-being (according to the little booklet). I'm not certain that it does anything for me but I've never experienced great depression with it either.

Cool Water by Davidoff

I've been wearing this wonderful fragrance for seven years now and can't see ever tiring of it. It's great for any occasion I can think of. The fresh musk leather body it maintains, is to me, it's perfect finishing touch. It would probably smell great on any guy.

360 Degrees for Men by Perry Ellis

The aquamarine liquid sitting in that cool tube-like container is what first grabbed my attention. The contents is even better. The sweet semi-tangy start really wakes me up when putting it on in the morning. It doesn't mellow out a lot on the dry down and it lasts most of the day. It would fare well in either the most formal or casual settings. I have not run across anyone who does not like this bad boy. The name fits.

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Picked up a little 1oz. bottle of this baby about a month ago. It's definitely energetic. I like the way it starts off minty fresh and dries down to musky, sweet wood bottom notes. It's perfect for a day of loafing around or getting active. I'll also be looking out for XS Extreme.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

I begged for and received the 1.7 oz. bottle of this gem for Christmas last year. It exceeded all of my expectations and has been the source of many pleasing inquiries. It's great for work or for an evening on the town It's potent too, so it'll last awhile and you get your moneys worth. Two sprays and I'm good for the day.

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

I wear this often to work. It maintains a pleasant fruity wood character that's long lasting. I've had some positive feedback from members of the female persuasion on this scent. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on for a romantic night out. Next to Hugo it's my favorite boss fragrance yet.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

AGHHH! I can't believe that this stuff is so popular in some regions! Of course, this is my opinion--please don't hate me if you wear it!
07th October, 2000