Latest Perfume Reviews

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

I tried this EDT today for the first time. I love it! Truly fantastic! This is a very classic EDT (launched in 1966) but it's still excellent today. This is the perfect balance of lemon with vetyver. I'm going to buy it!

Baie de Genièvre by Creed

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre..and I wasn't moved by it..it sorta has a licorice aroma that I don't find appealing. The dry down isn't as bad..but I wouldn't put this one on my Creed's must have list.

Baie de Genièvre by Creed

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre and will probably buy a larger size in the near future. It is a very traditional and conservative scent. Very masculine and refined. It could be worn everywhere - to the office, in the evening, golfing, etc. I think it is a great scent that would appeal to most guys over a certain age. I don't think it would be appreciated too much by teenagers or those in their twenties.

Touch for Men by Burberry

I've recently purchased Burberry's Touch for men. I simply Love it!! I found that Touch has a very comfortable, easy to wear fragrance that becomes part of me with each day I wear it. I've had many compliments from my co-workers..and find that it has become my daily fragrance for the past few weeks. Im also ready to purchase a few more bottles! One to have at work (for freshening up) and One for my home. Guess Im addicted :-)
17th January, 2001

Brut by Fabergé

This much maligned fragrance was a hit in the sixties. It was top-line with its dark green and silver bottle. Again, this one was copied a lot. The current Brut is but a pale reflection of the original.
15th January, 2001

Blue Jeans by Versace

You can't beat it, it's clean, fresh, yet warm and alluring.. None of the other Versace Jeans scents match it in my view.
14th January, 2001
anak Show all reviews

Eau Sauvage Extrême by Christian Dior

I re-tried Eau Sauvage extreme today and remembered how AMAZING it is. MUCH better than the original
13th January, 2001

The Dreamer by Versace

I like Versace the Dreamer. I don't know why, but I find it intriguing somehow. Maybe it's because my only experience of it comes from a 5ml sample my brother has, so I've never used more than the tiniest amount. I'd imagine it would be really overpowering if I used any more than that
09th January, 2001

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

I really like Dune. It's not a fragrance I wear very often, but it makes a nice change from time to time. I know it's been criticised for not having enough individuality, but that doesn't bother me.
09th January, 2001

Coriolan by Guerlain

Coriolan is a very special fragrance. A description of its notes couldn't do it justice because it has that extra 'something'. Straight out of the bottle, it is fresh and invigorating, but as it dries down it just gets better and better and...
07th January, 2001

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Every now and then I get a whiff of someones 'Polo'...it does smell great (for a change of pace) As a matter of fact, I think (about a couple years ago) I purchased a bottle after I had encountered a gentleman who was wearing it. It smells pretty good and it reminds me too, of the less stressful times of my youth!
02nd January, 2001

Polo by Ralph Lauren

I have never 'loved' Polo. I have never 'hated' it either. I am mostly just disappointed in the scent. When you put it on the skin it smells absolutely great. However the fresh, green note disappears almost immediately. I much prefer Caswell-Massey's Greenbriar which is quite similar. In fact when I have worn it people have asked if I were wearing Polo. But the green notes seem to last a lot longer.
31st December, 2000

Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

I just added Yohji Homme to my collection yesterday. That coffee-rum thing really got me going...not my everday scent, but definitely for those days that I feel that "I'm too sexy for my shirt" feeling coming on
29th December, 2000

Wings for Men by Wings

Received this nice clean fougere for Xmas. Fresh with a hint of sweetness. Makes one think of cool crisp mountain air.. This one is ideal for the office as it is most certaintly not over powering. The bottle is perfectly contoured to the palm. Feels like the control stick on a combat jet. 'Wings' is etched into the bottle lending it class and style.
28th December, 2000

Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice by Guerlain

I have been wearing Winter Delice for about a month. I do not find it particularly feminine; it contains no floral notes and the strongest impression seems to be one of spices mixed with frankincense and pine. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of punch; it would be a lot better if it were a little stronger.
27th December, 2000

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

I first smelled 'Curve' on a co-worker about three years ago and I too had to have some. I love the way it smells. I dress business casual to work and many times I'll wear my shirts two days before I throw them down the chute. I smell 'Curve' in my closet, in my bathroom, even in the basement (in the laundry basket) I can always detect that distinctive note. 'Curve' smells good on me (and to me) and I know it does 'cause I get compliments and comments by both male and female.
I always know when I wear 'Curve' folks will tell me all day how good I smell. After all, isn't that what we want? Don't we want to turn people on with our fragrance? Sure we do. Are you sure it doesn't have some pheromones in it? Whenever I smell it, it kinda makes me want to...well, let's say it works. Strange though, even though it is very popular, I don't smell it too often. I'll always wear 'Curve' (even though I love'Vetiver' by Guerlain and 'Black Jeans' by Versace). When I get out of the shower, I use the massage oil all over (I have dry skin), then I use the deodorant on all heavy perspiration areas (it makes your stuff smell good);^) and finally I spray cologne on my neck, behind my ears, and around my hairline. By that time I am reeking (that's right!) and smellin' damn good.
24th December, 2000

Brut by Fabergé

I'm not scared to say that my father wore this (still does) and I like the way it smells on him. Besides, the spray-on Brut deoderant (applied in the right area) has saved me a few times during that "multiple dates with different women in one day" era that I went through in my 20's....ahhh, those were the days...the tropical breeze, warm exotic nights in Waikiki, woman #3 at my side, and smell of Brut deodarant lingering in the air
21st December, 2000

Black Jeans by Versace

It is very subtle, and just when you think it had faded, it exudes a very unique fragrance. Andrew [from the basenotes forum] recommended it, and I, without any hesitation bought a bottle. Am I glad or what? I have received several compliments by male and female. It is not an overpowering and *in your face* type of fragrance. Very suitable for an office environment and also (which is important to me) not something that everyone else is wearing.
20th December, 2000

Black Jeans by Versace

I have tried Black Jeans and like it very much. It is different from just about any other fragrance I can think of. It has presence but does not scream. I really enjoy the fact that it is so dry.
18th December, 2000

Aramis by Aramis

My father used to wear 'Aramis' all of the time. It must have been his signature scent. Everything about him had that fragrance. Now whenever I smell 'Aramis', I think of him. I bought a bottle a couple years ago and it seemed to be the same. I wear it occaisionally and someone gave me a gift set a few Christmases ago. The deodorant, shower gel, and body products all help to make that great fragrance last and last. I just might pull out my bottle now and feature it for a while.
16th December, 2000

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I personally like the eau de parfum version of the scent, which is a little more richer on the wood notes, and less on the fresh like the edt. I use the scent to dress up going out. This is NOT a scent for casual.
15th December, 2000

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

I have that problem (overdose of fruitiness) with Xeryus Rouge. I spend time waiting for the rest of the fragrance to burst out, but it never does! What's really annoying is that it's so close to being amazing!
11th December, 2000

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

I gave myself a shot of Herrera months ago while doing the rounds. Nice clean fougere. It's sneaking around in my top 20 somewhere.
02nd December, 2000

Signature pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

I just picked up the St. Dupont Signature set from Neiman's the other day, mostly because the bottle is sooo nice, secondly because the salesperson was a total fox. Had to form the "relationship", ya know? Actually, it turns out that she's married to my high school classmate's brother, and it also turns out that I'M married...oh well.
The scent is nice. Great top notes. The dry down leaves something to be desired, as it smells somewhat basic--does that make sense? It doesn't seem to have the complex, intriguing lingering scent that so many great colognes exhibit.
23rd November, 2000

Latitude Longitude by Nautica

I am really, really liking my Nautica Latitude Longitude. The shower gel is awesome, face scrub is killer. Well-designed tubes too--the hole is like a nozzle that is small enough that if you put the bottle on its side while open, it won't leak out the liquid. Smart.
23rd November, 2000 (last edited: 28th November, 2000)

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

I just tried on that Minotaure that I had lying around. You know what? It's like a nicer version of that new Dunhill Desire...it also smells somewhat like Xeyrus Rouge. I sort of like it...I'll have to go and seek wife approval!
20th November, 2000

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

Personally, I would have to rank it one of the best mens scents of 2000. You've got to admit it took balls to incorporate the same notes of the womans scent into the fragrance! Where as most fragrances for men and woman just share the names but not notes. The bottle is also ingenious in its interpretation of the womans. A very stand out of the crowd scent.
19th November, 2000

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

From the brief exposure I've had to Le Male, I liked it. I took a sample spray on the arm at Sephora, and was immediately taken by it's uniqueness. There's a definite powdery character and I seem to remember an omnipresent minty vanilla note. Not the heaviest oriental scent I've experienced but no slacker. Nice for a cooler/cold day or evening. Going one spray to many would not be difficult. I'd also enjoy getting more feedback on this scent. Like others, it receives alternating praises and slams so it's all but impossible to get a direction.
19th November, 2000

Paul Smith Men by Paul Smith

I tried Paul Smith and I like it too. It's seems to be a very authentic Green. In fact, when I tried it during the summer, it reminded me of what summer should smell like i.e. not the Irish version!
18th November, 2000

Rush for Men by Gucci

At first smell, I thought it to be too woody, too much cedar..but as it dries down, it took on a completely different scent. It's quite appealing! I've received many compliments as well. One of the first fragrances that gets better after your body's chemistry blends with it! Very different..not your mainstream run of the mill scent
17th November, 2000