The_Cologneist's avatar

Sables by Annick Goutal

WARNING: Sables lasts extremely long. This could be good or bad; for me, it's a negative. I have a lot of fragrances, and if I wore this too often, they would never see the light. That's right.. Sables lasts for DAYS. Every time I have worn it, I have gotten no less than 48 hours longevity. Projection is very good throughout as well.. but obviously not so much in the 2nd day.

It opens up with a wonderful dark roasted coffee accord, this is likely to be the immortal note.. once it fades a little it becomes spicy and strange. This would be the pepper blending with the immortal. Result: smell of sand. Yes, it truly does smell like sand and maple syrup. Eventually the pepper wears off, and the sandalwood and vanilla kick in and dry down with the immortal.

The opening is very loud and somewhat brash.. but still enjoyable. The sand like accord gives character, and the dry down is beautiful and creamy. There is nothing quite like it, that I have found.. I would classify this as an aromatic/oriental/gourmand. The closest possible fragrances I can compare it to would be Chergui or New Harlem.

My personal preference: I very much enjoy it, but it just lasts too long.. even with showering.

05th November, 2011