Indie_Guy's avatar
    Indie_Guy

Concentré D'Orange Verte by Hermès

When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to do with my allowance money was to bike down to the convenience store and buy a pack of orange bubble gum--Hubba Bubba or Bubblicious. I'd unwrap each piece of gum and line them up in front of me. I'd begin chewing a piece and in about 60 seconds when the flavor had started to wane, I'd spit it aside and replace it with a fresh piece. I would repeat this process until I had exhausted the pack. It was an exercise in futility, trying to keep that tangy orange wave of flavor surging over my taste buds forever-- like trying to maintain an illicit high. Coincidentally, wearing the original Eau D'Orange Verte EDC is sometimes a similar race against time.

Fortunately, Concentrée D'Orange Verte smells a lot like the orange gum I loved as a kid. Refreshing, juicy, crisp and cool. There is also a bit of dirtiness to this scent that I think gives it a necessary depth. And the great thing is that it lasts a long time and projects very well. I find it very satisfying and it works great by itself and also in tandem with the original during the spring and summer months.

30th April, 2010