sherapop's avatar

Brezza di Seta by Calé

Aptly named BREZZA DI SETA is a very appealing floral perfume with a somewhat powdery, lightly woody drydown. The opening reminds me of BVLGARI POUR FEMME, with the rose and violets especially mingling together. I do not detect any lavender here, but maybe it all works together synthetically, as in every skillful blend which shrouds its notes in mystery.

To my nose, this is a gorgeous creation with a glistening resinous quality especially in the opening moments. The wood, which emerges subsequently, smells to me like finely powdered cedar (not vetiver), but it adds depth and texture. I find the drydown of this composition vaguely reminiscent of Creed LOVE IN BLACK, what with the powdery wood and violets and all...

Although BREZZA DI SETA may not be the most original perfume to have been launched in recent history, it really does smell wonderful. I am of the opinion that sometimes different perfumers create apparently similar creations not because they are copying each other but because a good idea is a good idea, and a splendid scent is a splendid scent!

I do think that this naturally sweet-smelling flowery and powdery perfume is best suited for women. The longevity is excellent and the sillage medium.

10th November, 2011