Diorissimo by Christian Dior

With my initial testing of this, my first thought was “Whoa, LILY OF THE VALLEY… in spades! It was a remarkably real and natural lily of the valley note, strong, with a simple touch of green… to me this seemed almost like a soliflore lily of the valley. The next seven - eight times I tested left me befuddled and unsatisfied: The opening and heart were primarily green with some bergamot and a little lily of the valley. After the green settles down some, I pick up the amaryllis, I think, and possibly some lilac… but the lily of the valley is highly limited and I get no floral jasmine, although I definitely get an indole or civet note. The sandalwood stays in the background while the civet or indole-of-jasmine(?) quietly moves in and out of the green / floral accord.

What happened to the lily of the valley? It was so dominant and clear the first time… after that, nada!

It still turns out to be a pleasant fragrance but I would very much prefer that killer lily of the valley fragrance I smelled the first time.

19 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 14 November, 2011)