Indie_Guy's avatar

Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

I like Black Orchid, and while I think it can be worn easily by a man or woman, Tom Ford Extreme keeps some of the intriguing qualities of Black Orchid while tailoring it into something a lot more masculine.

I really love TF Extreme. It's a very dark, spicy, leathery formal-ish scent-- a very seductive choice for an evening scent. I initially thought the longevity was poor, but it can be deceptive. I wore it out last night and halfway through today I took a bath-- oddly, after I towelled off I noticed the wonderful musky smell of TF Extreme had come back to life and radiate nicely off my chest. I'd thought it was long gone!

TF Extreme gives off a luxurious, dried fruits/spice vibe with just enough caramelized sweetness to balance the dry woody amber. I also agree with Mike P.'s assessment of it smelling like an expensive shoe store. I love the way the leather is done here-- a bit of shoe polish and the kind of patent leather that goes with a fine tuxedo-- I think the "tuxedo" feel is what Tom Ford was going for here.

For an important evening, you can't fail with Tom Ford Extreme.

10th May, 2010